Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ALL] add css to the server

(yes i know its for a diffrent hosting service but they all are so similar) tldr add the css files t othe server so people don't have to install it

also i didnt know where to put an all servers suggestion so uh here

noclip stinks
This could work
TTT Staff | Mod Blush  9/15/21 - 11/12/21, 10/28/22 - 3/16/2023, 11/9/2023 -

Never Forget

TV GIRL

[Image: 4wmnJmh.jpg]
(03-23-2021, 12:16 AM)Damester Wrote: This could work
i legit do this on my dedicated server for testing. works fine
im pretty sure we dont do this because of the load times it makes
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
(03-23-2021, 01:39 AM)Cryptic Salsa Wrote: im pretty sure we dont do this because of the load times it makes

i have never seen a difference unless its just the way the servers fastDL was set up
(03-23-2021, 01:48 AM)MillyDilly` Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 01:39 AM)Cryptic Salsa Wrote: im pretty sure we dont do this because of the load times it makes

i have never seen a difference unless its just the way the servers fastDL was set up

If you already have CSS mounted it makes no difference.. for someone without CSS mounted, you would be downloading the entire game on first join. For TTT it MAY make sense just because of the sheer number of maps that require CSS, but for other servers the download time would go through the roof with little payoff..
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
Remove the | Fast Downloads |
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
| Slow Downloads |
| Okay Downloads |
I've actually tested this out before and unfortanutely it would affect our download rate as the others have joked about so right now it probably wouldn't happen.
For clarification I have my own test server I use which hosts dinks test servers addons.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]