Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatics suck please fix them for the love of God please
I said this in my reply to Batton's BS and m24 thread, but I feel the need to elaborate. Automatics seriously need a buff to their accuracy.

Currently as they are, at any range beyond 20ft, automatics become a game of chance; your aim hardly matters, as its up to chance whether or not the game gifts you with a luck spread. Its incredibly frustrating when someone with a deagle and a winchester automatically have an advantage over you at any range beyond 10ft, because their bullets actually go where their crosshair is aiming. The accuracy on some of the automatics has been gimped so severely that its almost comical; the fucking glock hipfire has the same accuracy as the famas ads.

The main reason automatics were gimped was to solve crossmapping, but when they were accurate, it took a solid 4 or 5 seconds to do so. If solving crossmapping was the goal, a much better idea would have been to implement damage fall off, which a few weapons already had until they were updated. I get that getting crossmapped feels bad, but your weapon being outmatched in 70% of scenarios feels even worse.

Its gotten so bad that sometimes I will hover over someone's head, hit only misses, limb shots, and bodyshots, shadowplay it, see that I'm on their head, then take a break from the server.

tl;dr revert the server back to after the bullshite and vector nerfs but before the famas nerf.

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
I've never had a problem with automatic weapons landing their shots. There's obviously a little spread because, well, they're automatic weapons. Of COURSE a long rifle is going to have better accuracy at longer range than a medium range automatic rifle.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(03-30-2021, 11:28 PM)Russ the Stress Queen Wrote: I've never had a problem with automatic weapons landing their shots. There's obviously a little spread because, well, they're automatic weapons. Of COURSE a long rifle is going to have better accuracy at longer range than a medium range automatic rifle.
this is what i said to him aswell but from what i understand he wants them to be lasers again to compete against deags
(03-30-2021, 11:32 PM)MillyDilly` Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 11:28 PM)Russ the Stress Queen Wrote: I've never had a problem with automatic weapons landing their shots. There's obviously a little spread because, well, they're automatic weapons. Of COURSE a long rifle is going to have better accuracy at longer range than a medium range automatic rifle.
this is what i said to him aswell but from what i understand he wants them to be lasers again to compete against deags
I never said they should be lasers, I just want them to be serviceable. Right now, practically every automatic performs like an SMG. Automatics are only good at close range, but winchesters and deagles, as they are now are good at every range.

And Russ, they are not medium range weapons anymore. At medium range, which most fights are fought at, the rifles arent nearly as accurate as they need to be to be as effective as the single shot weapons.

(03-30-2021, 11:57 PM)Thayr Wrote:
I never said they should be lasers, I just want them to be serviceable. Right now, practically every automatic performs like an SMG. Automatics are only good at close range, but winchesters and deagles, as they are now are good at every range.

And Russ, they are not medium range weapons anymore. At medium range, which most fights are fought at, the rifles arent nearly as accurate as they need to be to be as effective as the single shot weapons.
that goes back to my question, why not run one for close ups and one for the longer out
(03-31-2021, 12:09 AM)MillyDilly` Wrote:

that goes back to my question, why not run one for close ups and one for the longer out
Cause that restricts you to one single play style, instead of having to equip a good weapon to make up for the many weaknesses of a shit weapon, just make the shit weapon not shit anymore.

(03-31-2021, 01:00 AM)Thayr Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 12:09 AM)MillyDilly` Wrote:

Cause that restricts you to one single play style, instead of having to equip a good weapon to make up for the many weaknesses of a shit weapon, just make the shit weapon not shit anymore.
just deagle and randomly switch out the automatic it sucks ass yes but its close enough but even then the hk is a decent pistol with some range
just switch to ur deagle
all i want is the m14 to be useable from more then 5m away
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
just one-deag them loser
[Image: gYIxK93.png]