Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addons I have been working on and would like your input
Since I've become active again in gmod I was thinking of finish making a few detective/traitor items that I started to work on but never got around to finishing because adult life sucks. Before I start on anything I thought it would be best to get community input as some may not like the idea of some of the items. Also I haven'tn;t checked to see if anyone in the meantime has also developed something similar.

Detective

Player Shield - This allows the detective to armour a player who has proven to be innocent. Its a once use item and I had multiple dynamics in the works. The first was it basically made the player a juganaught but had a time limit. The second just like the body armour, lasted until the player was dead but damage was heavily reduced.

Ammo Analyser - Exactly what is says on the tin, allows a detective to analyse the amount of ammo in a players clip. (active gun only) So no more lying about full clips traitors ;)

You're My Favourite Deputy - This allows the detective to make a player their deputy. Any DNA scans, radar popups, etc that the detective gets, their deputy does too. When the deputy dies, the detective loses 30% of their health due to depression but gets a visual identifier of where the body is.

Traitor

Peyote - Eat it and become one of many of the creatures in half life. Some obviously better than others and the percentage chance is lower. You could become anything from a headcrab at highest chance (low health and damage) to a antlion guard (high health, high damage) I also added an easter egg of 0.001% chance of becoming the hula doll with 999 health and 1 hit kills because why the hell not ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You're My Favourite Double Agent - Allows the traitors to turn the deputy bad, costs 3 credits but the detective isn't aware so you now essentially have a double agent working for you. Could usage example would be if a detective is in a detective room and you need a quick kill.

Looking forward to all your inputs, this obviously isn't everything just the stuff that isn't similar to what is already on the server or too over powered.
That is Cool! I didn’t know you were working on some workshop stuff and I’m very excited to know. You can count on me when you need to test the items. Ok let's go, about the Detective weapons:

- Player Shield: I think this item would work as if it were a bulletproof vest, it would be better than the first idea. I found his differential very cool, that the detective can choose who to give this shield to. I don't know if you could make a system in which the detective can only give the item to proven people, but I think it can work for all innos.

- Ammo Analyser: The main ideia is great, but I can see is not that effective item because there may be much better ones. Can be used in specific situations when this information is very relevant, I can think of using this item when there are few people alive, but not when there are many people around.

- Your favorite one: I particularly found it very creative on your part. but I think it can be very powerful in the hands of those who know how to use it properly. As we know, all players can pick up the DNA scanner when the Detective dies or throws it on the ground, I think that is enough to find out who the traitor is. So in my opinion it can be a little bit overpowering having two people following the same DNA. I believe that the health loss part when the deputy dies is something to try to balance this, but I don’t think it’s enough.

Traitors weapons:

- Peyote: I like items that depend on luck, as they seem to be well balanced, at the same time that you can become something with little life and little damage, you can be the biggest health monster on the game. it really seems like a Brazilian idea LOL.

Double Agent: What in the hell? Explain better this item to me please.
Quote:the detective loses 30% of their health due to depression
The only depression I'll get from this is the regret of picking a spastic to act as my deputy

Most of the stuff sounds good tho
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(04-01-2021, 11:52 AM)Lex (2) Wrote: Double Agent: What in the hell? Explain better this item to me please.

This is only possible if the detective has a deputy. A traitor can turn them into a traitor, but the detective still thinks they are a deputy. Hence being a double agent! ;)

(04-02-2021, 12:08 AM)Mana Wrote:
Quote:the detective loses 30% of their health due to depression
The only depression I'll get from this is the regret of picking a spastic to act as my deputy

Most of the stuff sounds good tho

f
i like this
Anyone hungry for peyote?

[Image: hFDNZmO.jpeg]
(04-05-2021, 03:34 AM)Jaffa Wrote: Anyone hungry for peyote?

[Image: hFDNZmO.jpeg]
nah i had burgers
If you have the chance to add links to steam community workshop I’ll add them to my own private server to test out.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
oo these sound fun, record a demonstration video if you can
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(04-05-2021, 11:41 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: If you have the chance to add links to steam community workshop I’ll add them to my own private server to test out.

(04-06-2021, 12:18 AM)Russ the Stress Queen Wrote: oo these sound fun, record a demonstration video if you can

I never got around to completing them, once I have done so I'll upload videos!