Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Discord Mod B0T
(04-04-2021, 12:59 PM)Jammin Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 07:17 AM)(j)ax Wrote: -snip-
Please forgive my grammar, I am on voice to text right now responding to this.
just throwing in my two cents on this particular issue, pretty much the entire discord team wanted to resign that night. What has changed is that discord staff aren't being threatened with legal action for not abusing our discord helper powers. Although that turned out to not be the reality, it sure seemed like we were being threatened that night.

in terms of toxic backlash I'm aware that he received a decent amount of it the other day, because he dared enforce the rules according to the guidelines. He handled the backlash with a high level of maturity, while keeping his neutrality towards those giving backlash.
bot and I have had several conversations regarding the future of discord and we've come up with a lot of ideas. A lot of bots efforts in terms of improving discord often go unseen by non-discord staff. but has done extensive work on improving the discord bots that we have as well as working with me to develop suggested rule changes. He has done a great job of moderating the discord with proper restraint, yet enforcing the rules within the guidelines. Outside of persons who are currently admins, bot should be thrown into the conversation for discord admin. He already acts as a moderator in all respects except for rank.

TL,DR: giving bot the role of moderator would simply reflect the work bot is already doing in discord.

+1
I mean to be fair, if you go back to the thread I had said more than 3 times that no one was threatening legal action, and so did Nicky.

Also, it's great that he's been working on the-low to make the discord a better place, but if all these suggestions etc are done behind closed doors, it's not a surprise that "non-discord staff" don't notice it. If no one sees it besides a select few, no one can comment on that, regardless of how extensive / great it is.

That aside, since I don't want to lose focus on the topic at hand, I'm tossing a +0 (as much as some members hate that). He already resigned due to "stress" and I'm not sure anything has changed. I really don't see if he couldn't handle the trolling and the stress that came with being a discord helper 3 weeks ago, how anything changed. The discord is the same as it was 3 weeks ago.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
To my experience with bot on discord, 

I say that he is capable to become a discord Mod because he has help out numerous times in different channels and situation as what happen and to make him to attempt to fully resign, wasn't the threat of legal action nor mentioning it to the community but the backlash of players believing that staff are incompetent to situation when we are mostly in the dark, no reports, no ban request with evidence, or no dms about the situation to be made aware of. Some people cannot see the signs, only mentioning them is when they will notice.

Bot has stop situations from going off the rails at times from going to the not safe for everyone to things that break beyond the discord tos and this discord rules that has been set, but also being lax when players just want to goof around and be the attention grabbing trolls

So, I'll say +1

tbh, We all have flaws, nobody is perfect and if they say so, then they just cover what the truth and is hidden underneath 
[Image: sukuna-evil-laugh.gif]
[Image: YWj4Wn.gif]
(04-04-2021, 08:05 PM)(j)ax Wrote:
Please forgive my grammar, I am on voice to text right now responding to this.
just throwing in my two cents on this particular issue, pretty much the entire discord team wanted to resign that night. What has changed is that discord staff aren't being threatened with legal action for not abusing our discord helper powers. Although that turned out to not be the reality, it sure seemed like we were being threatened that night.

in terms of toxic backlash I'm aware that he received a decent amount of it the other day, because he dared enforce the rules according to the guidelines. He handled the backlash with a high level of maturity, while keeping his neutrality towards those giving backlash.
bot and I have had several conversations regarding the future of discord and we've come up with a lot of ideas. A lot of bots efforts in terms of improving discord often go unseen by non-discord staff. but has done extensive work on improving the discord bots that we have as well as working with me to develop suggested rule changes. He has done a great job of moderating the discord with proper restraint, yet enforcing the rules within the guidelines. Outside of persons who are currently admins, bot should be thrown into the conversation for discord admin. He already acts as a moderator in all respects except for rank.

TL,DR: giving bot the role of moderator would simply reflect the work bot is already doing in discord.

+1
I mean to be fair, if you go back to the thread I had said more than 3 times that no one was threatening legal action, and so did Nicky.

Also, it's great that he's been working on the-low to make the discord a better place, but if all these suggestions etc are done behind closed doors, it's not a surprise that "non-discord staff" don't notice it. If no one sees it besides a select few, no one can comment on that, regardless of how extensive / great it is.

That aside, since I don't want to lose focus on the topic at hand, I'm tossing a +0 (as much as some members hate that). He already resigned due to "stress" and I'm not sure anything has changed. I really don't see if he couldn't handle the trolling and the stress that came with being a discord helper 3 weeks ago, how anything changed. The discord is the same as it was 3 weeks ago.

You know honestly I could care less how many times people said "I am not going to do that" right after threatening to take legal action. Just because legal action was brought up and you said "JK" doesn't mean anything to me. I did discuss it with my attorney at the time. He said I am fine. You caused a couple of folks to leave discord staff. You want to know the real reason that I unresigned? I am tired of seeing the trolling get to others. I am tired of the divide that trolls (Not going to point any fingers at anyone although they know exactly who they are) are causing in this community and I am not going to let them take a place in our discord. The discord is now a community server which means there are more eyes on it. It has to be clamped down on whether we like it or not.
So yes I resigned. Yes, it was because of your little comments. It was also the backlash that the community was giving us for doing our job.
Now that we have good support from the people that have their minds in the right place, we will fix this. Yes, things changed. Yes, things will keep changing whether you like it or not at this point. And yes, you threaten me with legal action or bring up anything about legal action and I will take it seriously. 

I leave my case here. 
-B0T
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]
(04-04-2021, 11:14 PM)B0T. ikillyou Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 08:05 PM)(j)ax Wrote:

You know honestly I could care less how many times people said "I am not going to do that" right after threatening to take legal action. Just because legal action was brought up and you said "JK" doesn't mean anything to me. I did discuss it with my attorney at the time. He said I am fine. You caused a couple of folks to leave discord staff. You want to know the real reason that I unresigned? I am tired of seeing the trolling get to others. I am tired of the divide that trolls (Not going to point any fingers at anyone although they know exactly who they are) are causing in this community and I am not going to let them take a place in our discord. The discord is now a community server which means there are more eyes on it. It has to be clamped down on whether we like it or not.
So yes I resigned. Yes, it was because of your little comments. It was also the backlash that the community was giving us for doing our job.
Now that we have good support from the people that have their minds in the right place, we will fix this. Yes, things changed. Yes, things will keep changing whether you like it or not at this point. And yes, you threaten me with legal action or bring up anything about legal action and I will take it seriously. 

I leave my case here. 
-B0T
Well 1.) I wasn’t the one who even threatened legal action, or mentioned legal action at all. 
       2.) If making a thread about a pedophile “made a couple discord staff leave”, then okay? Am I supposed to feel bad? (Not to mentioned I didn’t even make the thread) It was then discovered 2 days later that Abdel, who was mentioned in the thread complaint, had been grooming and harassing people for a while. So you would think people would have been satisfied that it was brought to their attention. Also the fact you just blamed me for causing a few discord staff to leave is hilarious. How much power / influence do you think I have? I must be the biggest dinks bully if I was able to pull that off. 

Which brings me to my greater point, in a thread about a possible pedophile (which later turned out to be true, considered Abdel was banned like 6 days later) you decided to hijack the thread with your pseudo-resignation and complain about how bad discord staff have it. 

There’s not a “divide” caused by trolls. There’s a few trolls who don’t even visit the discord that often because they have their own discord. 
You didn’t resign because of my comments, because I didn’t mention your name once and I have had like one interaction with you outside this thread. Stop trying to project blame onto me, when frankly I did nothing, except in this instance question your resignation, which is valid.
The community is the exact same it was 3 weeks ago save some administrative changes. What support did you all-the-sudden get that you didn’t have before?

Your explanation is really just a big shift of blame onto everyone else, without taking any responsibility for yourself. “I resigned because of the trolls, but I also unresigned because of the trolls” is essentially what you just said. You resigned because “my little comments”? If you can’t even handle what I say, which 99% isn’t even trolling, how do you think you’re going to manage actually trolling / harassment. Not to mention you blamed me twice for things that I didn’t even say, or do.

Okay with the previous post I wasn't being serious with the -1, but now I am.

People can't just decide to unresign out of the blue after bitching like that. That's like me saying I'll come back to staff the discord when the only interaction I ever have with any of you is on this forum site. It makes absolutely zero sense, and I do not care who it is or how qualified they are to do it, unresigning in this context isn't okay. Fish's was a different situation, as it was more serious. This? It's a discord server, not the government. B0t, you literally just sound like fun police with your counterargument to what Jax said, and that shows me that you're just full of shit when you're saying "I got support." This really is nothing more than a "I want power over people on the internet" moment, which is null and void in reality. I don't know what it's like now, but whenever it was just B0t and Noire as "staff," the discord was actually enjoyable. Saying "I'm tired of the trolls getting their way" is basically you full on admitting that you want to turn something that is supposed to be a fun place to just chill into a fucking authoritarian dictatorship.  Jax, you really nailed this on the coffin with him shifting blame on others; I got the exact vibe from reading this thread. Yet he'll still get the position simply because he applied; welcome to Dink's.

ALSO, just noticed he said this: In the entire time I was involved on that discord, NOBODY and I do mean NOBODY supported discord staff. We were viewed as incels, scumbags, etc and I highly doubt that changed.

EDIT: good. now my rep is back to what it was before I put the fake E-thot on blast, thank you folks!!
I would give a +1 but that would be a little biased since we're such good friends! FUCK IT, +1 for the b0t since he's already a good discord helper and could do more as a discord mod
I'm indifferent bc of the resignation, but the only thing I can't wrap my head around is the whole, "power-hungry and wanting to make the discord more divided" agenda.
I don't really agree with un-resignations unless it is a case by case sort of deal, but discord staff is by far the shittiest role you can apply for. By that I mean the community that is our lovely public discord. You get shit on for quite literally nothing, yet these people still want to help. As part of the original batch of guinea pigs for it I sympathize.
Ok so lets set a few things straight. 
(04-05-2021, 04:08 AM)(j)ax Wrote: Well 1.) I wasn’t the one who even threatened legal action, or mentioned legal action at all. 
That was a metaphorical "you" at first and was carried over. I will reword that again. Apologies did not mean to point at you during this whole thing. 

"Just because legal action was brought up and people said "JK" , the JK doesn't mean anything to me. The whole thing caused a couple of folks to leave discord staff."

(04-05-2021, 04:08 AM)(j)ax Wrote:        2.) If making a thread about a pedophile “made a couple discord staff leave”, then okay? Am I supposed to feel bad? (Not to mentioned I didn’t even make the thread) It was then discovered 2 days later that Abdel, who was mentioned in the thread complaint, had been grooming and harassing people for a while. So you would think people would have been satisfied that it was brought to their attention. Also the fact you just blamed me for causing a few discord staff to leave is hilarious. How much power / influence do you think I have? I must be the biggest dinks bully if I was able to pull that off. 
Discord staff cannot catch everything. We have lives to worry about. The fact that they were threatened with legal action (although they said it wasn't but it was very much seen as that), is a clear sign that there are people on here that troll discord staff to a point where they leave. Why bring it up to that point instead of just making a normal thread for once? Why bring in that extra legal shit into the thread instead of just keeping it civil? You got no influence over my actions tbh. Hilarious to think that you do.  

(04-05-2021, 04:08 AM)(j)ax Wrote: Which brings me to my greater point, in a thread about a possible pedophile (which later turned out to be true, considered Abdel was banned like 6 days later) you decided to hijack the thread with your pseudo-resignation and complain about how bad discord staff have it. 
Do you really think in your right mind I am going to make comments on a thread around the topic when legal action was brought up? I am not stupid. I am not making comments about the whole Abdel thing but its completely unrelated to the thread. You think that thread was the breaking point of that whole situation? Nope.

(04-05-2021, 04:08 AM)(j)ax Wrote: There’s not a “divide” caused by trolls. There’s a few trolls who don’t even visit the discord that often because they have their own discord. 
You didn’t resign because of my comments, because I didn’t mention your name once and I have had like one interaction with you outside this thread. Stop trying to project blame onto me, when frankly I did nothing, except in this instance question your resignation, which is valid.
The community is the exact same it was 3 weeks ago save some administrative changes. What support did you all-the-sudden get that you didn’t have before?
Again, as stated before, the main reason I left was because of the whole legal action that was brought up.
Lets go over what I said below: 
[Image: VGiRrJx.png]
1. I got busy, I had a lot of work at the time. I was tired. I was dealing with a kid. These are normal things. My schedule has shifted because my partner is finishing up school. That happens to everyone. Schedules can shift. 
2. Discord staff are humans. There is a lot of toxicity towards discord staff in general. You cannot deny this fact. Open your eyes a bit and look at how people respond to us when we are just enforcing the rules. 
3. Did you see how I said "Us" when I was talking about the stress that is being caused from all the crazyness brought up? I wasn't talking about me only in this case. You think that after staffing for 10+ years that a troll is going to cause me stress? yeah ok. 

So let me go over it one last time. 1. I got busy and was dealing with shit. Schedules shifted 2. I got tired of seeing the backlash that was facing all discord staff with no support. 3. I resigned mainly due to legal action and was stating a point around how the thread was worded and how it was going that was mostly unrelated to my resignation. I was not about to make comments about a thread with legal action brought up

(04-05-2021, 04:08 AM)(j)ax Wrote: There’s not a “divide” caused by trolls. There’s a few trolls who don’t even visit the discord that often because they have their own discord.
The community is the exact same it was 3 weeks ago save some administrative changes. What support did you all-the-sudden get that you didn’t have before?
Yes there was a divide. It was there and it still is. I am not going to go into it with you on my app but feel free to hop on discord and I can help explain it to you (I am being serious I do not mind).
As stated in a previous comment, I did not mean to blame it on you just misworded and frankly didnt notice. You know I didn't even leave for 3 weeks right? I left for 4-5 days. Yes there were changes. The discord staff team is getting more support. A major part of me coming back was seeing Nicol start hopping on things and working to improve some stuff on discord from input that we had. I see potential coming up that will fix the issues that discord staff has been seeing. As Jammin stated in his thread, there is a lot of things that are coming up or have been going on that you might not know about.

(04-05-2021, 04:08 AM)(j)ax Wrote: Your explanation is really just a big shift of blame onto everyone else, without taking any responsibility for yourself. “I resigned because of the trolls, but I also unresigned because of the trolls” is essentially what you just said. You resigned because “my little comments”? If you can’t even handle what I say, which 99% isn’t even trolling, how do you think you’re going to manage actually trolling / harassment. Not to mention you blamed me twice for things that I didn’t even say, or do.
And here we are.  You are picking and choosing things instead of looking at the whole situation. There sometimes is more to it than what is showing on the surface. I agree the whole thing about me saying "You" was not correct and I stated that above and I do apologize for that. I hope that my responses above answer some of your questions you had brought up.

-B0T
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]
(04-05-2021, 09:51 AM)B0T. ikillyou Wrote: -snip-
-B0T
1. I got busy, I had a lot of work at the time. I was tired. I was dealing with a kid. These are normal things. My schedule has shifted because my partner is finishing up school. That happens to everyone. Schedules can shift. ”

This is the only reasoning you need, and if you would have just said that I would have been 100% on board. My originally question was strictly on why you resigned, and decided to unresign. It wasn’t an attack on your moderation abilities (I don’t think I even spoke on that at all tbh) I care less about personal differences (in regards to the status on the server, I’m not here to argue that on an application) and more so about the reasoning behind the resignation. 

In my opinion, your originally reply in this thread wasn’t clear enough, but the following response was more so. Which is why I had the follow up response.

Before I end though, a few things: The “Having influence over you” was rhetorical, I was implying that I doubt that was true, obviously I don’t have influence over anyone.. I still disagree with the whole legal situation, and I have no control over how people interpret it, but the fact that more than one person was under the impression that it was a legal threat, means it wasn’t clear. So I will concede on that point. Finally, I do still believe the trolling problem is overblown. However, once again not really relevant to an application thread so I’ll leave it at that.  

All in all, the 1. reasoning you mentioned is enough of an explanation as why you took leave/resigned temporarily. Although I don’t think resigning was the best way to go about it. That’s all
Mexican approves +1 of BOT being a mod