Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sincere Apologies
Hello friends, (Please do not use rep on this post. I want understanding, not some way to boost my standing.)

In this post, I hope to offer a much needed apology and lead everyone towards a legitimate place for disscussion.

These last couple of months have indeed been interesting. At one point, it appeared that the flames of chaos and drama were igniting every other day. I admittedly took part in or was the topic of some of the occurring events.  One such event was the leaking of staff-chat that revealed some unacceptable comments I said towards a specified community. I do apologize for what I said 6 months ago. Such things have no place within our community and I should have owned up to it the moment I said it, but I did not. While the issue was resolved on the staff end, no one else was aware of what I said. It took a damn leak for be to actually address it. 

When some drama occurred on Discord, I let my passions get the better of me and helped continue the conflict. This should have ceased before it happened, but I again went forward with such actions before taking due considerations. I would not let the issue drop, continuing to flame it on both the general and staff discord. While I felt legitimate concerns, I went about it in the absolute wrong way. 

Most recently, conflict occurred when I changed my Discord profile picture to the Robert E. Lee with the Confederate battle-flag for the Army of Northern Virginia. My honest reason for changing the picture was due to my activity in another community. I take part in a game called War of Rights, a civil war game. I am in a Southern regiment, so the picture change was retaining to them. Before you make fun of that, remember TTT is about people all being terrorists to begin with.  I did NOT take into consideration the offense and pain it may have called individuals within my own TTT-Dinkleberg community. I brushed off the issue as a simple "attack on my heritage", but completely blocked out the message of those against my action. For many, the symbols I used retain to centuries of slavery and oppression. That was never my intention. I am sorry. In the future, or even now, please reach out to me to talk to me about what things I may do that hurts you. 

I do care. I became staff on TTT for 2 reasons. First, I wanted to preserve the fun of the server when I played actively back in 2018. It meant me dicking around, cracking somewhat insulting jokes, but making sure no one actually felt like they did not belong. I wanted people to have the fun that I did with it. Second, I wanted to maintain the actual stability of the server. That is where the staffing aspect comes in, as enforcing the rules prevents or deters individuals with malicious intentions. What some may find as "fun", others can view as trolling. Through staffing, my goal was to maintain the fun while acting as a deterrent towards teetering into a toxic shit-show. 

Our Glorious Leader, Bryanbrr, had attempted to provide a way for the TTT community to vent their frustrations and concerns. Through the link I inserted at the top of this thread, one can go to his own post about his Town Halls. Please take part, by listening or bringing up an issue through his attached form. The staffing community of TTT is trying to make a change, but we need the player-base to take part for it to work. If you truly desire improvements, you will join us on the 18th of April. 

Thank you,

Raider Hanks.
No, you can't bend and apologize to appeal the mob!!!! how dare you, traitor!?!?!?!?!??! 

Also, i'm upvoting this to spite you because you said "I don't want rep, I want to reach an understanding."
Having read this I’m happy to say I no longer think you’re a racist. Thanks for taking the time to write out the whole story. I think you just suffered from a momentary lapse of judgement, something that happens to all of us, and I’m glad to be able to move passed this.

I think the Admins have an opportunity to learn from this experience. We were fortunate that Raider just changed his profile pic, but what if he didn’t? If it’s okay for a T-Mod, is it okay for a Mod? Is it okay for an Admin? Might warrant some additional rules for staff to prevent situations like this in the future.
Respect your elders
In terms of the picture, this isn’t an issue where we are “fortunate” he changed his picture. Rather, I believe that many are too quick to jump to their own conclusions without attempting to communicate or look for a reasonable resolution. Rather than label and bury individuals, try to communicate and understand before passing judgement. This goes all ways; people to Raider, Raider to people, people to history. You may find they don’t understand your view either. Raider considered the public impact of his actions and came to what I believe to be the most mature resolution as an individual.
Not directed at any individuals

Also fk u imma +1 anyways for personal growth.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
-1 Too many big words for me to try to understand
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
i dont believe u
I hope this sheds light on why we chose the decision we did with not punishing raider further. I know you all can't see this and I know many were upset with our decision. Thanks for taking the time to apologize raider.
Also to Raider, this is a great step in trying to think from a unbiased viewpoint and this is what I expect out of my staff team, owning up to mistakes. No one is perfect but acknowledging our shortcomings already gives us a larger advantage than people that just troll.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
(04-06-2021, 05:43 PM)Battons Wrote: I hope this sheds light on why we chose the decision we did with not punishing raider further. I know you all can't see this and I know many were upset with our decision. Thanks for taking the time to apologize raider.
Tbh probably should of said this to start with regarding that whole situation but I digress. Raider this is indeed a mature thing for you to do.
As one of the people who was a bit appalled by some of your past comments and profile picture, I do appreciate you writing this apology thread.

In this community and in everyday life, it seems like people are becoming more pigheaded, unreasonably stubborn, and fixed in their opinions. And yes, those players with 35 warns for micspam or slurs come to mind. Try as I might to be open to contrary views, I too often find myself guilty of being unreasonable and inflexible.

In writing this thread, you did not give a simple and insincere apology. Rather, in this expression of regrets, you genuinely appear to be remorseful. You have recognized that you made mistakes in posting offensive comments in the staff chat and in not considering the alternative meaning of the symbols that were present in your profile picture. This demonstrates to me that you are willing to try to learn and understand the effects that your actions might have on others. And that consideration for others is simply empathy, which seems to be all too missing in this day and age.

I have long appreciated your presence in the community, Raider. I do enjoy having a fellow history buff, strategy game enthusiast (I wish you had explained the War of Rights reasoning for the profile picture beforehand - that would have definitely helped me understand), and neighbor to staff and play alongside. While these past actions did admittedly damage my opinion of you, this post helps balance things back out. The characteristics that you have illustrated in your writing strengthen my opinion of you both as a person and a staff member.

Thank you for making this apology.
nevermind its ok