Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Raider 4 Mod Part II
So. After Raider and I had a conversation earlier today I'd like to give him props for being willing to listen to the other side of the argument and being willing to attempt to learn why another person has a different perspective. I can't vote for an app on TTT but I can say that being willing to admit you were in the wrong for your actions and then following it up by reaching out to discuss the problem are good, if not necessary, qualities to have in a Moderator.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
I also think that Raider's approach was satisfactory and up to what I think is needed for the role of Moderator.

+1
Raider is overall one of the best people on the mod team in my opinion. He is especially good at properly explaining to a person why they are in trouble(For example slays and warns). He does a good job at defusing and handling situations while being a contributing member of the community.
+1
Nice Car.
Be a shame if I ran into it
Hank is a good staff member he does the job well +1 he can do weller as mod
Cult member since 8-8-18
god, I remember when I was first around and I first met Raider; he was like the first "gmod staff" in this community who would get on during the summer regularly I was around that didn't make me hate my time on the server. Raider doesn't turn the place into an authoritarian nightmare where the people who like to have a little bit of fun aren't immediately decimated into oblivion. In fact, I think you were the main inspiration I attempted to be staff (we all know how that turned out, but that's not the point I'm trying to make here). The point is that you're someone who inspires others, and that's something that a lot of potential staff candidates lack: energy.

In regards to what happened last month, I really think that was trivial bullshit and it should be water under the bridge with your apology you posted earlier. I think there was misunderstandings on both sides of that argument but it's resolved and shouldn't be held against you.  Also, who the FUCK cares about someone's political views on a staff app? Not really sure why that's worth even mentioning on a Garry's Mod forum page, but go off I guess..? Merit is the most important thing in a Moderator application; if Raider was constantly arguing with others and shitting on people who have differing views, I would understand bringing it up. In my time knowing him, he hasn't really done that.

In terms of your actual staffing ability: as I had previously stated, I find your staffing approach to be what everyone should be. You know the fine line between having fun and being an asshole, and you only ever step in when individuals cross that line. Almost any interaction I have with you, rather than sounding as if you hate your life the entire time you are speaking, you are full of life and energy which is what made the server more enjoyable for me. 

TL/DR: I support you becoming a Moderator, and I wish you the best of luck on this application.

+1, Love you Raider.
raider is a legitimate guy and one of my favorite staff on the server. He always handles everything properly and I believe he deserves to be a moderator. +1 from me
@David Thank you so much man, I love and miss the old days. I love you brother.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
Bump

Also Raider, never forget about the Cult that made sacrifices to the pit on that one space map everyone hated
Sorry this took so long, we wanted to give it time to see what the community at large thinks due to the recent controversy you were involved in. You were Mod a couple times previously and we think you can do an excellent job as one. After seeing some of your biggest critics at the time come forward and openly accept your apology and +1ing your app we had a bit of a change of heart. I just ask going forward when you make decisions to remember what we discussed, try to think from an outsiders perspective. How does what we do represent the environment that we staff in. Anyways without rambling on too much, your app as been ACCEPTED, welcome back to green.