Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donor Discord text channel
How Interesting: we were considering the idea of leaving a hidden channel as exclusive to Nitro Boosters, Donors and beyond days ago. Yes, it's another channel to keep, but reducing the scope was put on the table in order to reduce the profanity you might see in #general. Instead, I'd say that the addition is not going to cause a big problem, since the most problematic roles are (I think) Regular and @everyone. It'd be nice to see how it goes.
yall do have a vc so id say its fair you also get a text chat to go along with it so donors without mics stiill get something
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
Yeah this does sound like a interesting idea. Of course there is the argument that it will be another place to monitor but if the staff think they can handle it then it shouldn’t be too big of a problem.
Donor has a VC, the text channel would be helpful to donor communication with those in VC or just a fun spot for the purple nerds to chat/hang. 

It's easy to delete a channel if it gets abused/misused. 

+1
Ooh boy, another channel to use slurs in
(04-18-2021, 03:55 PM)The Triangle Wrote: Donor has a VC, the text channel would be helpful to donor communication with those in VC or just a fun spot for the purple nerds to chat/hang. 

It's easy to delete a channel if it gets abused/misused. 

+1
Or, hear me out, delete the users breaking the rules

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I give a +1 to this notion. It would be awesome to have a channel where donors can contribute to the conversation happening in VC if they can't speak or if others are speaking, or sharing links/pictures that are relevant to conversation. I'd like to see how it would go !
(04-17-2021, 09:15 PM)§a gerbil Wrote: Just another chat to monitor, -1

why are you guys worried about having another channel to monitor it doesnt take that much because i dont believe donors wouldnt really cause as many problems as just randoms joining. we are mostly just the people who enjoy the server and want to see it live as long as possible why would we create more drama to deal with.

(04-17-2021, 10:14 PM)David Wrote:
(04-17-2021, 09:04 PM)RopeGuy20 Wrote: I know a few donors mainly on the ph side, where we are all talking and cant really add to the conversation for like a meme or an image that we are talking about without saying go check so and so channel to see what we are talking about and discussing. Having a donor text channel would be nice for donors to chat to be able to add to the conversation or we have had a few people play different web games and its just donors/staff and cant really send a link to the game without private messaging people.

It certainly would give donating a perk over than just having the purple name or premium points in the servers, so I actually will agree with this notion. The argument of it being another channel to monitor is rather weak honestly; that's arguing under the assumption that all people who have donors cause issues. I'd rather argue the benefit of the doubt, and if it becomes a problem, they can easily just delete the channel. Discord isn't rocket science after all, so I say why the hell not?

I agree with david saying the argument is weak and that it adds more perks than just the title and little things. deleting it actually becomes a problem is easy.

+1
(04-18-2021, 05:06 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: Ooh boy, another channel to use slurs in

im in

me when i join the new donor chat
[Image: 918mz5.jpg]
[Image: xdjlve.png]