Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about the first town hall.
Please drop any questions we were not able to answer here and we will do our best to answer them :)
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
As I mentioned in the town hall:

- Publish agenda beforehand
- Timebox each section
While the townhall is going on have someone record keypoints and questions, then make a recap thread after the town hall is down.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
Why warn @MilkManFromMars to change his profile pic from a Nazi swastika and give him 30 seconds to fix it. He knows what a swastika is, he knows our rules, just kick him from the chat. That’s not a fix-it-please type situation. Stop being so soft.
Respect your elders
(04-21-2021, 08:05 PM)Jaerixon Wrote: Why warn @MilkManFromMars to change his profile pic from a Nazi swastika and give him 30 seconds to fix it. He knows what a swastika is, he knows our rules, just kick him from the chat. That’s not a fix-it-please type situation. Stop being so soft.

That issue was a discord policy issue. Discord policy for stuff such as that undergoes a 5-stage process - Verbal warning, Strike, Mute, Kick, Ban. @bryanbrr was following the discord policy by offering an adequate warning to MilkMan to change his profile picture before jumping to a kick.

Discord staff have logged the incident that occurred during the townhall today; further actions from MilkMan will be punished according to discord guidelines. Those guidelines can be found here: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11412
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I wasn't there for long but I caught wind of a 5 day turnaround time on unban requests.. what I've noticed happening a lot with recent unban threads is the thread sits with like one response for half a week and it gets bumped. Afterwards thread accumulates maybe 1 or 2 pages of responses, some of which I may want to add on to, but only maybe 4 hours later after the last couple responses the thread gets locked. I open up reply windows to stuff I want to respond to but leave in the middle of writing to go do something, and a lot of times I'll come back and post it, and the thread would have been locked like 2 hours ago. Annoying.

Basically what I'm saying is there are a lot of times where a thread gets locked only a couple of hours after some really good responses were made that people may or may not want to respond to. I'd like to see maybe 24 hours or something after the last response when you reach your "community feedback threshhold" before closing the threads. Has this been thought about at all?
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(04-21-2021, 10:42 PM)Jammin Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 08:05 PM)Jaerixon Wrote: Why warn @MilkManFromMars to change his profile pic from a Nazi swastika and give him 30 seconds to fix it. He knows what a swastika is, he knows our rules, just kick him from the chat. That’s not a fix-it-please type situation. Stop being so soft.

That issue was a discord policy issue. Discord policy for stuff such as that undergoes a 5-stage process - Verbal warning, Strike, Mute, Kick, Ban. @bryanbrr was following the discord policy by offering an adequate warning to MilkMan to change his profile picture before jumping to a kick.

Discord staff have logged the incident that occurred during the townhall today; further actions from MilkMan will be punished according to discord guidelines. Those guidelines can be found here: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11412

A verbal warning for a Nazi swastika? In the middle of the town hall? That’s not a verbal warning type incident. Allowing him off with a “warning” has basically shown everybody they can change their icons to whatever they want in the next one without consequence. Put the “n” word in your icon, no consequence. Need to learn how to jump up the ladder when appropriate to discourage this behavior because what happened today just encourages it. People think it’s hilarious to break our rules by being racist and anti-Semitic and to do it in the presence of like two admins and two mods is even worse. This needs to stop being tolerated.
Respect your elders
(04-21-2021, 11:04 PM)Jaerixon Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 10:42 PM)Jammin Wrote:

A verbal warning for a Nazi swastika? In the middle of the town hall? That’s not a verbal warning type incident. Allowing him off with a “warning” has basically shown everybody they can change their icons to whatever they want in the next one without consequence. Put the “n” word in your icon, no consequence. Need to learn how to jump up the ladder when appropriate to discourage this behavior because what happened today just encourages it. People think it’s hilarious to break our rules by being racist and anti-Semitic and to do it in the presence of like two admins and two mods is even worse. This needs to stop being tolerated.
I personally agree but we have to follow the guidelines as currently established. This is a good discussion to have in a separate topic relating to discord.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(04-21-2021, 10:53 PM)Russ the Stress Queen Wrote: I wasn't there for long but I caught wind of a 5 day turnaround time on unban requests.. what I've noticed happening a lot with recent unban threads is the thread sits with like one response for half a week and it gets bumped. Afterwards thread accumulates maybe 1 or 2 pages of responses, some of which I may want to add on to, but only maybe 4 hours later after the last couple responses the thread gets locked. I open up reply windows to stuff I want to respond to but leave in the middle of writing to go do something, and a lot of times I'll come back and post it, and the thread would have been locked like 2 hours ago. Annoying.

Basically what I'm saying is there are a lot of times where a thread gets locked only a couple of hours after some really good responses were made that people may or may not want to respond to. I'd like to see maybe 24 hours or something after the last response when you reach your "community feedback threshhold" before closing the threads. Has this been thought about at all?
Good question, we don't really have a community threshold to hit in terms of what we see. We like to let things sit for a bit to gain traction and read community input however it used to be annoying as a trusted+ to have to wait days to hear back from previous admins about topics and decisions. By responding to apps early we give more opportunities for applicants or appealers to try again sooner due to not taking so long the first time. It was brought up however that acting too soon on things may cause issues with this exact scenario you've presented and we haven't thought too much about it, but there may be improvement there depending on if that's the direction we decide to take.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
Should embeds be added for the next town hall? It would be a better way to indicate topic changes on chat.