Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about the first town hall.
Ooh big one I forgot to bring up at the town hall.

Mass RDM/Constant RDM bans
Let's not make them permanent.
Let's make them a 1 or 2 year ban.

Why? Read both of @"Russ the Stress Queen"'s threads below. He puts it really well:

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11645
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=13777

I think for specifically mass RDM bans, implementing a 2 year ban, as opposed to a permaban, is more than adequate to ensure the troll does not return without appealing in the short term, but does not preclude them from returning years later - after maturing - and may improve our community long term.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
To carry the conversation, why give this amount of time? Instead of an undetermined amount of time why did you pick this specified length?

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(04-22-2021, 02:58 PM)Jammin Wrote: Ooh big one I forgot to bring up at the town hall.

Mass RDM/Constant RDM bans
Let's not make them permanent.
Let's make them a 1 or 2 year ban.

Why? Read both of @"Russ the Stress Queen"'s threads below. He puts it really well:

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11645
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=13777

I think for specifically mass RDM bans, implementing a 2 year ban, as opposed to a permaban, is more than adequate to ensure the troll does not return without appealing in the short term, but does not preclude them from returning years later - after maturing - and may improve our community long term.

bumpma thread
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(04-22-2021, 06:18 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: To carry the conversation, why give this amount of time? Instead of an undetermined amount of time why did you pick this specified length?
Hey sorry for taking so long I've had a pretty busy week with birthdays and irl stuff. So we don't really pick a time on when exactly to vote or make a decision it just naturally fell on 5 days as our limit, partly because by letting it sit to long it appears as if we aren't doing anything about it. I know you of all people know that isn't entirely true but it also helps keep us on track so no request slips past us.
Also in regards to jammin or russ I do think that suggestion may work. The biggest hurdle would be making sure any future offenders are only set to 2 years instead of perma. Obviously it would be impossible to adjust all previous bans so they would have to appeal like we currently do. I'll mull this over and get back to you guys.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
(04-29-2021, 01:19 PM)Battons Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 06:18 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: -snip-
-snip-
Also in regards to jammin or russ I do think that suggestion may work. The biggest hurdle would be making sure any future offenders are only set to 2 years instead of perma. Obviously it would be impossible to adjust all previous bans so they would have to appeal like we currently do. I'll mull this over and get back to you guys.
This would only be for future unbans for mass RDM IMO. Those banned for mass in the past were banned via the punishment applied at the time. No need to change the past.
Also 1 year or 2? I think that one year is plenty IMO
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(04-29-2021, 01:43 PM)Jammin Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 01:19 PM)Battons Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 06:18 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: -snip-
-snip-
This would only be for future unbans for mass RDM IMO. Those banned for mass in the past were banned via the punishment applied at the time. No need to change the past.
Also 1 year or 2? I think that one year is plenty IMO
This time, the 1-2 years is what I was talking about.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I think you guys are forgetting that a perma isn't a "permanent ban". It's an indefinite ban that allows for those who actually want to come back to make the effort to come back. Most appealed permas are successful. You should allow for discretion to be kept in these decisions. Putting a value on it sets a precedent that could and most likely will be brought down. It'll go from 2 years, to 1 year, to 6 months and eventually it'll eventually become a problem with lessened punishment. At the end of the day leaving it at indefinite allows for the admin team to keep discretion on when people break the rules.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
(04-21-2021, 07:37 PM)Battons Wrote: Please drop any questions we were not able to answer here and we will do our best to answer them :)

When will Zuboba get freed?
When I die.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
(05-01-2021, 06:51 PM)Battons Wrote: When I die.
are we allowed to speed up the process?