Kessler's unban request
I don't think anybody was at total fault for this incident. If you want to keep your social media private, don't use the same username. However, searching peoples usernames online is highly sus(amongus!!!). I don't think a rather important and well-known community member should be banned for this. None of the people involved did this with malicious intent. +1 for unban

Also Nicky mentioned relay, I thought that was removed?
Nice Car.
Be a shame if I ran into it
Let me put one thing straight, I have no issue using publicly available and easily accessible info but if at any point that information or profile has the risk of affecting a person in their real life I will not tolerate it. Kessler did something very harmless although intrusive. What about next time when someone decides to dig deeper or decides to act on any info they find. I can only do so much to protect our everyday players and will not set the precedent that something like this is ok. If nicky wanted you to see his Twitter he would have shared it with you. This doesn't reflect my actual opinions on this infact I'm in favor of unbanning kessler however I want to make one thing clear in this post. Do not interrupt the safety and privacy of our players. Thank you for coming to my ted talk.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
(04-29-2021, 12:56 PM)Battons Wrote: Let me put one thing straight, I have no issue using publicly available and easily accessible info but if at any point that information or profile has the risk of affecting a person in their real life I will not tolerate it. Kessler did something very harmless although intrusive. What about next time when someone decides to dig deeper or decides to act on any info they find. I can only do so much to protect our everyday players and will not set the precedent that something like this is ok. If nicky wanted you to see his Twitter he would have shared it with you. This doesn't reflect my actual opinions on this infact I'm in favor of unbanning kessler however I want to make one thing clear in this post. Do not interrupt the safety and privacy of our players. Thank you for coming to my ted talk.
I completely agree with your sentiment Battons. However, I do not think this should be a "symbolic ban". That seems a bit unfair, to use Kessler as an example for modeling how other players should behave on the server. In this case, yes, was inappropriate to post his Twitter. However, we've already established it was accidental and no mal-intent. Nikki should know as staff already that you can't post links in Dinks chat. But for Nikki posting that link, would this have happened? I'm not blaming Nikki for getting his Twitter doxxed, but he kinda left himself open for an invasion of privacy. What if it wasn't Kessler, and it was someone else who actually intended harm? That doesn't warrant Kessler's actions, but in that context, it's kind of a lesson. If you don't want your personal information leaked, don't give people an excuse to think you're an easy target. So please don't use Kessler as a martyr for something that did not impose any real harm. This process shouldn't be more complicated or drawn on than that.
Smurfy is spot on with this. We should not use kessler as our poster boy for what happens when you leak info. While it was harmless nicky didn't deserve to have his information shared which he chose not to do. Your ban will be reduced from perma to 1 week from your ban date which means you will be unbanned on May 4th.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]