Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free David
(04-30-2021, 08:10 AM)Fleshlight Connoisseur Wrote: +1 its almost a year old and the person in the ss  isn't even in the community anymore
and that means they dont deserve their privacy anymore?
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
(04-30-2021, 08:30 AM)Cryptic Salsa Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 08:10 AM)Fleshlight Connoisseur Wrote: +1 its almost a year old and the person in the ss  isn't even in the community anymore
The discord acc is gone meaning no one would know unless they know who specifically said it...
[Image: J6yUs0g]
As per the rules of the staff discord time does not matter, the fact that the staff member is no longer there does not matter, and the fact that staff members name is not shown does not matter. All material out of that discord is considered confidential and not to be posted outside of the discord.
That being said there are more exceptions made to that rule than the i before e rule.
My first thoughts were that it was just a petty leak to poke at a staff members comments on why he was not unbanned or something along those lines. If it actually was a reason to deny an unban (to which it would raise some questions) then it is staffing related material and should not have been casually thrown out. Notably “leaking” sensitive material to incite drama should be a high breach of this rule while “leaking” messages that carry no identification or sensitive material (such as memes) should be considered a lesser offense if at all by the admin team.
This seems a lesser offense to me personally, with some other events in the past being greater and deserving of larger consequences. This at most may warrant a slap on the wrist ban but I don’t see it going further.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(04-30-2021, 09:40 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: My first thoughts were that it was just a petty leak to poke at a staff members comments on why he was not unbanned or something along those lines. If it actually was a reason to deny an unban (to which it would raise some questions) then it is staffing related material and should not have been casually thrown out. Notably “leaking” sensitive material to incite drama should be a high breach of this rule while “leaking” messages that carry no identification or sensitive material (such as memes) should be considered a lesser offense.

That’s all this was: a petty joke about “systematic racism” within the dinks staff team; Zuboba’s unban got denied because he was caught on an alt account the day he posted that thread (you can look at the thread itself for confirmation on this)
(04-30-2021, 08:30 AM)Cryptic Salsa Wrote:

This might be the most pretentious and overdramatic take I've ever read on this forum page. PRIVACY!?  lmao

I spat out my coffee when I read this because I genuinely thought this was a joke but knowing you, it's not. This is a Garry's Mod Community, not an actual established company or anything that could even be considered something that should provide "privacy" for its staff, other than personal information; in my opinion, if someone says something idiotic and controversial like the staff member I leaked messages of, that should be exposed because it shows that they're not what the public image of them says. 

The only way I would have violated this person's LEGIT privacy is if it were me doxxing them or if they had said some really personal situation information in the staff discord and then I decided to leak it; saying "Zuboba is definitely not black" is not personal information, so it's not a violation of someone's privacy in a public discord community (The staff discord is public to staff, not players, so again I don't understand why none of you have tried even asking who leaked the image to me in the first place, that's a little concerning.)  

You're a clown for actually thinking this is a good take, because I don't see you bitching whenever someone makes a joke about Ginger, Quiche, Foxka, or Rippe who have ALL been gone from these communities, yet what people say about them is also "leaking of their privacy" with your logic. Either keep it consistent or shut the fuck up, you don't get to change the rules because it's someone you like that is getting exposed for something idiotic they said 8 months ago.

With my last point of "this is just a way to try and get rid of someone they don't like," by making this comment that contributes nothing other than to argue with someone who has a point that supports the person you don't like, you're just proving that I was right.

Also cryptic, I never once saw you complain when prince Nikki expose what raider was sending in the staff discord publicly on the forms so this is another example of double standards and hypocrisy from the Discord staff or just dinks staff in general
Since this was a relatively light offense we will be reducing your ban to 1 month and issuing a discord strike starting from the date you were banned. That means your unban date will be on May 29th.
Also to clarify, the rules state all things leaked from staff chat are punishable but if its just memes or jargon I really don't care and if it needs to be punished it will be. If however it contains any actual staffing related info that's when we will enforce harsher punishment.
I do recommend however you try and keep your temper under control. There are more pleasant ways to make arguments than grade school name-calling.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]