Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PH Slight Rule Changes & Bulletin I Guess
Hello Prop Hunt players and Dinkleberg community members. This an update on recent happening for the server and a notice of slight alterations to rules or how staff will handle them.

-Firstly, maps are still being looked into, adjusted and tested. Hopefully will add and remove some maps soon.

- @"[pink] Pixie Soldier" is the staff member of the month for the month of May. Congrats to her and her hard work.

- @Smalls has been added to the Trusted rank. We gladly welcome another individual to our staff team.

-Illegal Spots List was once again updated

Rule Changes and Staff Guideline Adjustments:

Racism punishment protocol has been altered due to how common it has become online in the past year. The punishments are now similar to TTT's way of handling racism.
New Punishment Protocol:
-Warning 
-Round gag/mute
-24 hour ban
-Permanent ban (suck it @RussEfarmer)

The specific Punishment evasion rule and listen to staff member rule has been removed and has been adjusted into their respectful similar rules and guidelines. Since punishment evasion mainly was for individuals trying to evade their gags/mutes, it has been added to the mic/chat spamming section. Players who punishment evade to try and continue ghosting will be upped to their proper punishment of ghosting. All players who are avoiding ban via alt evading will continue to be indefinitely banned as well.

Players calling out hackers/ghosters in public VCs or chats will now also be corralled as well since calling them out either does nothing, disrupts server gameplay, or makes the ghosters/hackers more difficult to catch if not impossible to catch. Punishments for this will not be severe at this point time.

They will go as follows:
- General Warning (this applies to everyone on the server at the time)
- Round gag/mute
- Map gag/mute

Further punishments for this, since others are ruining gameplay by cheating, seem asinine right now.

Finally, the most important change, staff will be testing out a new punishment system for dealing with ghosters for the next month or so. After about a month, a thread will be put up to see how players and staff think the adjustment has worked before integrating the system into the current guidelines.

The current punishment guidelines for 3rd party ghosting are:
-Forceswap for a whole map
-2 week ban
-Permanent ban

A slight adjustment will be made so that players/staff who report ghosters via ban requests will have more satisfying conclusions and so that staff will not have to babysit ghosters still on the server.

The test method has one simple change:
-24 hour ban
-2 week ban
-Permanent ban

This could lead to more unban requests and such but I hope it leads to more ban requests by users on the server, and staff performance by just being able to temporarily eliminate the problem instead of continually watch out for it. When having to deal with several groups of ghosters, a staff member could become overrun trying to keep the groups in line especially if they are various sizes. I also believe that the staff team members with the ability to ban for 24 hours to handle the issue, even if it is just them popping on for a few seconds just to ban before departing. Ghosting is a daily occurrence in Prop Hunt and we need to show proper response. The ban is 24 hours so that test moderators will also be able to handle the issue instead of having it fall on just the moderators or admin.

This idea is still in the testing phase and is open to feedback. The hope is to deal with the problem right away and have an easier time for staff and players on the server. If the results are positive by the community in the next month, the adjustment will be added, if not, we will revert back to the old system.

Thank you for your time, and I hope to see you on the PH field.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
I've been called out

Nah but biggest thing for me is not having to forceswap for ghosting, that always felt awkward and never seemed to do much
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
To say that I'm happy with these changes for PH would be an understatement.
I'm glad the PH staff is taking a positive step forward to address the issues the community has been voicing about racism and ghosting on the server.
seems reasonable to me