Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedydog Trusted Application - Round 2!
When speedydog joins the server, kills everyone.I saw you said that "Hoping to get #1 this summer"

I'll just ask you a simple question.If speedy gets trusted rank ,will he stop killing everyone ?

Edit"I'll add that, he is always kind to me when I played on the server .Killing everyone is only my concern.
Easy +1 for me, Based on social skills and helpfulness alone from the time I've spent in VCs on the discord with Speedydog, proves to me that they will make a great Trusted for the PropHunt Server

Based on other replies to this app I'm gonna make this a +0, I do not believe that talking shit about someone in a private discord behind someone's back is acceptable behavior. In my opinion that is seriously some Highschool type shit and I haven't even been to Highschool.

(05-09-2021, 09:21 PM)Norm Minder Wrote: When speedydog joins the server, kills everyone.I saw you said that "Hoping to get #1 this summer"

I'll just ask you a simple question.If speedy gets trusted rank ,will he stop killing everyone ?

Edit"I'll add that, he is always kind to me when I played on the server .Killing everyone is only my concern.
I don't know if this is a thing on the PH Sever or not but I personally do not believe that having skill is a concern towards someones application as it usually means they've spent time on the game and know more about what the mechanics are and so on. Skill is never a thing brought up on TTT applications and honestly for a game as simple as PropHunt I do not believe that should be a factor in the matter of their application.

I do however respect your opinion and concern Norm, come play TTT some time :P
TTT Staff | Mod Blush  9/15/21 - 11/12/21, 10/28/22 - 3/16/2023, 11/9/2023 -

Never Forget

TV GIRL

[Image: 4wmnJmh.jpg]
(05-09-2021, 09:32 PM)Damien Wrote: Easy +1 for me, Based on social skills and helpfulness alone from the time I've spent in VCs on the discord with Speedydog, proves to me that they will make a great Trusted for the PropHunt Server

Based on other replies to this app I'm gonna make this a +0, I do not believe that talking shit about someone in a private discord behind someone's back is acceptable behavior. In my opinion that is seriously some Highschool type shit and I haven't even been to Highschool.

(05-09-2021, 09:21 PM)Norm Minder Wrote: When speedydog joins the server, kills everyone.I saw you said that "Hoping to get #1 this summer"

I don't know if this is a thing on the PH Sever or not but I personally do not believe that having skill is a concern towards someones application as it usually means they've spent time on the game and know more about what the mechanics are and so on. Skill is never a thing brought up on TTT applications and honestly for a game as simple as PropHunt I do not believe that should be a factor in the matter of their application.

I do however respect your opinion and concern Norm, come play TTT some time :P
TTT and prop hunt  are very different.Prop hunt server is a very popular server.Sometimes 40 people  play at the same time.Almost every time someone ghosting ,hacking,micspamming etc .It must be hard to pay attention to it when you're killing everyone.

I'm not a Ph staff.But a ph staff can respond better.

Also i do play TTT <3.
(05-09-2021, 09:47 PM)Norm Minder Wrote: TTT and prop hunt  are very different.Prop hunt server is a very popular server.Sometimes 40 people  play at the same time.Almost every time someone ghosting ,hacking,micspamming etc .It must be hard to pay attention to it when you're killing everyone.

I'm not a Ph staff.But a ph staff can respond better.

Also i do play TTT <3.
I do understand that, and also I meant like come play soon <3
TTT Staff | Mod Blush  9/15/21 - 11/12/21, 10/28/22 - 3/16/2023, 11/9/2023 -

Never Forget

TV GIRL

[Image: 4wmnJmh.jpg]
We all talk shit about staff, I shouldn't need to remind people that holding people accountable for what they say off server is what ripped the server apart in the first place. This is obviously a +0 since I'm too inactive to give proper feedback regarding this app...
Things I believe shouldn't raise concern regarding this app: 

- Speedys high kills. He's an attentive player, and has been playing PH for over 5 years. Kills shouldn't decide if someone is or isn't eligible to be staff. This isn't a FPS Guild/clan where K/D matters. Staff are to uphold the rules, plain as day. We are also allowed to play the game. Crazy, I know.

- Something said about a staff member in a private discord.  This wasn't within the community and that issue should be resolved like adults with the individuals in private. Not all staff members get along, it's nice to have harmony, but the reality is that doesn't always happen.  If you two can put your differences aside enough to staff/communicate about server issues then I don't see a problem. 

This concludes my TED Talk.
Not gonna vote since i play once every 6 months but kill counts shouldn't matter as long as he tones it down when a situation calls for it. Other than that if he had prior experience elsewhere he'll do fine
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Hey speedy sorry for taking so long to make a reply but from what I see many people are saying exactly what I was going to say. I personally think that you deserve to get the trusted rank on the server! Although from what I’ve heard from some people is that you tend to play too competitive even when people are ghosting. Though I do see this as a problem I believe in your ability to control yourself and essentially sacrifice your competitive gameplay during the proper times in the event there is something fishy (not the ultra fish) going on on the server. I really really hope that when/if you get the trusted rank that you do not get bored of playing on the server. I would seriously be sad if you got bored of the server to the point where you stop playing. Although I am relatively “new” to this community I know that you are a very well known person and get along with everyone. You’re a very kind person to everyone and although most of us think that you are a sweaty tryhard on prophunt while you play you always seem like a very calm person so I could definitely see you handling situations well on the server. Everyone deserves a chance at becoming a trusted staff member of this community at least once and after so long of your regularly playing on the server and becoming friends with so many people I just cannot see you getting denied. I really really wish you the best of luck on and this I hope to hopefully catch some ghosters with you sometime :)   

Also, I typed this all up on my phone and in a rush without using proper grammar so sorry if this is all hard to read lol

+1
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
Hellooo Speedy
Thanks for applying! Lets get to it!

Pros:
-Lots of play time, just looking at game tracker it crazy the time you've racked up.
-Previous experience, i know you have staffed before on other servers and you've been a part of gmod and dinks for quite sometime so you know your way around.
-Helpful to new players, I've seen you help out newbies and even some experienced players with loads of things. KEEP ON THAT BC THATS AWESOME

Cons: (I will back up all my cons so im sorry if it gets long winded)
-Attitude. I know this has been touched on previously but I'll speak my peace on it. You have gotten upset with staff when we have asked you to cool it on kills to catch ghosters or non ss'd hackers. I recall a particular time I asked yo slow down and you got mad bc another really good player was not told to back off, they we not racking the kills like you were (possibly bc they knew we trying catch people or something) You got upset and rage quit. You have to remember that even when we ask other players to slow down they sometimes dont see our message or they simply dont want to listen. Maybe instead of getting upset you could ask if the staff need any help or just chill.
-Kill score. I know everyones said something along the lines of "being good shouldnt affect your staff app" but we gotta look at everything. Sometimes ya gotta sacrifice the game time for staffing and that can make the game less fun. I dont want you to lose the fun of the game since you seem to love to play and to get that amazing kill/death score.
-Friends. (weird possum why is this a con) As staff we cant allow ourselves to let our friends use us as a way to get passed some of the rules. I had friends try it with me when i first joined staff and it was a mess. You have a LOT more friends than i did. I dont want you to feel the need to distant yourself from them but I also need to caution you about letting them use you as sorta a second hand power source if you do become staff.

I will have to give you a -1. I feel that you really need to work on these cons and use the feed back you've gotten on this app. I know you can do it so I hope that you dont give up if you dont get selected this time. Be positive! dont think that bc youre getting these criticisms means that you are not liked. You are a good guy and a great players. Use this and become even better.
I'll see ya out there Speedy. Keep on being awesome.
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.

Alright time to answer this staff application, so strap in folks because this will be a doozy.

Denying someone for their kill score or competitiveness is dumb and should not be used as a reason to deny someone. If you look in the past couple weeks, he has turned in multiple individuals for various amounts of wrongdoings from racial slurs, mic spam, ghosting, toxic trolling, hacking etc. Could go back further but that proves it point enough, and Speedy has turned a ban request in within the past month as well.

Getting after people including Speedy for not playing along when there are ghosters is another common response in this application. Key thing here is that he does not have to. It is nice when he does but he is not a staff member and does not need to play along but he generally does or disconnects. Some of his disconnects are arguing can be seen as attitude especially on off days but he is playing normally and is then told not to for who knows how many rounds. The game is meant to be fun and how can it be fun if you cannot play the way you want to that is not against the rules? Some of his reactions to this have been unpleasant but I understand why.

Finally, the things said in a private discord. I have seen the conversation from the discord as well as the PH staff team response to it. The topic was something misunderstood what Pauling had said and exaggerated to be far worse than what it meant. She was asking the people to record and gather evidence of the incident occurring on the server and that no one, including Ava, had to staff the server because none of them were staff. That was it, there was no malicious intent nor was Pauling requesting that Ava be recorded for some reason.

The staff response to this was just as bad and exaggerated as well. Everything was put into question that Speedy had done the past few months and situations of "well this happened, which means that happened, which obviously means this will happen". I want to make this clear, this thought process of people has been dangerous in this community that has caused divides and hate to flow that does not need to exist. Regulars and donors will always hated on staff the same as staff have always hated on regulars and donors. 

With everything that has happened however, I have no choice put to deny this request. What Speedy did was wrong but so was what happened on the staff side of things. They did the very same thing to someone else that has happened them several times to them when staffing in this community.

Speedy, you are on constantly, help out new players, and try to keep the server chill. I ask that in the future you look things through a staff's perspective when they ask you to chill for a few rounds so they can gather ghosting/hacking evidence. You are a very good player and have made it difficult to gather evidence in the past especially on maps you know. I also ask staff to recognize when they ask a player to alter their gameplay so that they can gather evidence on how annoying it can be for someone playing normally.

Speedy, I ask that you will apply for staff in the future in a couple of months or so. If you are confused on what a staff member says, please ask for clarification so that an incident like this can be avoided in the future. The earliest you may apply is June 12, 2021.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army