Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
donor man bad
(05-16-2021, 05:55 PM)MagykThorne Wrote: Honestly this is why we have damage logs to see who damaged who and leave it like that. There should be no reason why you needed to kick someone over something small that can easily be resolved with a copy of the damage line if there was a RDM or take a picture of the logs and post it in the discord to a TTT Mod or Trusted thats why there is a on-call staff for the server.
I think you could of handle the situation alot better then just kicking them that was a bad call regardless of what happened.
there is no reason to kick them damage logs or not its a minor offence especially if nopleez and gang are on because they jokingly do it anyways, i don't think oncall staff is necessary for someone shooting someone who thought they had a knife i am guilty of this aswell.

but i did look at the logs thats how i got your steam id ad as it does show shid shooting you and that you did buy a stabbing license i did not watch the death scene and im unsure if there watch able after the map but im just confirming the logs did say but still no reason to kick.
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
(05-16-2021, 07:48 PM)raw nug eater Wrote: ~
Now, as far as handling the situation, I strongly disagree with the notion that someone who is RDMing shouldn't be kicked if there is no other means of handling the situation at the time. I'm actually quite upset with the fact that RDM isn't handled with a more iron fist approach, but then again it's not very common on Dinkleberg's, nor is it intentional most of the time. The reason I feel it's not the wrong call is simply because it's either one kick and done, it's likely not going to recurr because the precedent has been set, an example has been made, of the consequences of violating this particular rule.

Also, I do understand by saying the RDM rule should be enforced harder, that it would mean people like me, and even me, would be punished harsher.

Someone who RDMs once should not be kicked. Whether that be by staff or donors. The correct choices to make in these situations are: on-call ping in Discord, report/ban request if it gets to that point, or ignore it and move on. One RDM isn't ban worthy, so that option isn't really the best and it mostly just comes down to calling staff or ignoring it. The reason it is the wrong call is that it isn't just one kick and done. More than likely it ends one of two ways: Someone gets kicked by a donor for an nondescript reason they don't understand and then never come back to Dinkleberg's, which is an issue because we want/need players, or they simply come back angrier and RDM much worse. (or the third option, which is reports like this are made and can potentially lead to loss of donor if continued after warnings)

That all being said, I'm not in charge of what result comes of this. But in the future, when situations like this arise, if you aren't sure what the proper course of action is, just ask staff (through Discord for the fastest response)
With all being said and I am always un-biased of my opinions but give it as it may I don't think this was abusing the donor rank at all if they were just trying to think what was the best option (even though it wasn't) but I don't see this as abusing there power.
But take it as a learning experience and what you should do if this happens again.
Don't give this person a strike honestly -1
[Image: QZ3ikMA.png]
(05-16-2021, 11:14 PM)MillyDilly` Wrote:
(05-16-2021, 05:55 PM)MagykThorne Wrote: Honestly this is why we have damage logs to see who damaged who and leave it like that. There should be no reason why you needed to kick someone over something small that can easily be resolved with a copy of the damage line if there was a RDM or take a picture of the logs and post it in the discord to a TTT Mod or Trusted thats why there is a on-call staff for the server.
I think you could of handle the situation alot better then just kicking them that was a bad call regardless of what happened.
there is no reason to kick them damage logs or not its a minor offence especially if nopleez and gang are on because they jokingly do it anyways, i don't think oncall staff is necessary for someone shooting someone who thought they had a knife i am guilty of this aswell.

but i did look at the logs thats how i got your steam id ad as it does show shid shooting you and that you did buy a stabbing license i did not watch the death scene and im unsure if there watch able after the map but im just confirming the logs did say but still no reason to kick.

Okay so I have a big problem with this. You are saying that "nopleez and gang" are on because they RDM jokingly...? You are okay with RDM as long as it's, "joking"? I didn't consent to get RDMd, I just was. I didn't know how to see the logs until Magyk told me so, so I didn't know where to go to gather evidence, and I'm not recording 24/7, and to be honest, I don't know anyone who does record their gameplay, nobody is there to be the RDM police, we're here to have fun after a day's work/school.

(05-17-2021, 01:14 AM)Ethan Wrote:
Now, as far as handling the situation, I strongly disagree with the notion that someone who is RDMing shouldn't be kicked if there is no other means of handling the situation at the time. I'm actually quite upset with the fact that RDM isn't handled with a more iron fist approach, but then again it's not very common on Dinkleberg's, nor is it intentional most of the time. The reason I feel it's not the wrong call is simply because it's either one kick and done, it's likely not going to recurr because the precedent has been set, an example has been made, of the consequences of violating this particular rule.

Also, I do understand by saying the RDM rule should be enforced harder, that it would mean people like me, and even me, would be punished harsher.

Someone who RDMs once should not be kicked. Whether that be by staff or donors. The correct choices to make in these situations are: on-call ping in Discord, report/ban request if it gets to that point, or ignore it and move on. One RDM isn't ban worthy, so that option isn't really the best and it mostly just comes down to calling staff or ignoring it. The reason it is the wrong call is that it isn't just one kick and done. More than likely it ends one of two ways: Someone gets kicked by a donor for an nondescript reason they don't understand and then never come back to Dinkleberg's, which is an issue because we want/need players, or they simply come back angrier and RDM much worse. (or the third option, which is reports like this are made and can potentially lead to loss of donor if continued after warnings)

That all being said, I'm not in charge of what result comes of this. But in the future, when situations like this arise, if you aren't sure what the proper course of action is, just ask staff (through Discord for the fastest response)

I've noted all you've said, I don't really use discord as I don't play anything other than garry's mod currently, I'm not a huge gamer to be honest. I'll take a back seat if a situation like this arises again, but if you have a moment, please see what millydilly said above which seems to condone RDM if it's in the name of "fun" which... really invalidates the perspective he is trying to throw on me with this report.

Also please note; my intention is not to take a seat as if I'm staff, or to drive people away, just trying to do the right thing, but I understand this does fall into a grey area and I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.
(05-17-2021, 08:12 PM)raw nug eater Wrote:
(05-16-2021, 11:14 PM)MillyDilly` Wrote:

Okay so I have a big problem with this. You are saying that "nopleez and gang" are on because they RDM jokingly...? You are okay with RDM as long as it's, "joking"? I didn't consent to get RDMd, I just was. I didn't know how to see the logs until Magyk told me so, so I didn't know where to go to gather evidence, and I'm not recording 24/7, and to be honest, I don't know anyone who does record their gameplay, nobody is there to be the RDM police, we're here to have fun after a day's work/school.

(05-17-2021, 01:14 AM)Ethan Wrote:

I've noted all you've said, I don't really use discord as I don't play anything other than garry's mod currently, I'm not a huge gamer to be honest. I'll take a back seat if a situation like this arises again, but if you have a moment, please see what millydilly said above which seems to condone RDM if it's in the name of "fun" which... really invalidates the perspective he is trying to throw on me with this report.

Also please note; my intention is not to take a seat as if I'm staff, or to drive people away, just trying to do the right thing, but I understand this does fall into a grey area and I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.
We all make mistakes! But very appreciated that you were just trying to do something about it!
-Since no one else linked the guidelines i will here guidelines. They're a bit dated, but I'm sure one of the staff can answer any question either on here or discord.

-This wasn't done out of malice seems like he was trying to do what he thought was right and I think this is the first report on him. So I'm all just give him a slap on the wrist.

-p.s. prolly a good idea for the staff team to look at the TTT guidelines and revise or add to em its been like 3 years since they were updated i think
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(05-17-2021, 10:22 PM)Akaza did nothing wrong Wrote: -Since no one else linked the guidelines i will here guidelines. They're a bit dated, but I'm sure one of the staff can answer any question either on here or discord.

-This wasn't done out of malice seems like he was trying to do what he thought was right and I think this is the first report on him. So I'm all just give him a slap on the wrist.

-p.s. prolly a good idea for the staff team to look at the TTT guidelines and revise or add to em its been like 3 years since they were updated i think

Hey, thanks for the guideline link, I just re-read it and the first part addressing the commands and their use. So if we look at the second bullet point down, "There is a legitimate reason to use your powers (ex. All staff are alive while someone is screaming in spectator)" That's not what we'd call an emergency which is what I was told by those in game in which these commands are used frequently.

Now, if we address the kick command line, we find, "Don't kick people unless they are MassRDMing. or they are consistently RDMing." Well, considering the person who reported me ADMITTED IN THIS THREAD, that they were consistently rdming each-other, and very likely others, in the name of "fun" I think we can say based on those two things this was justified?

I'd like staff input on this. ^

Also, seeing as the guidelines are very basic and offer a very clear, but very broad spectrum of use, they should be updated to address specific situations like this that may become problematic, and frequently do, but without forum intervention such as now.
(05-17-2021, 10:35 PM)raw nug eater Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 10:22 PM)Akaza did nothing wrong Wrote: snip

Now, if we address the kick command line, we find, "Don't kick people unless they are MassRDMing. or they are consistently RDMing." Well, considering the person who reported me ADMITTED IN THIS THREAD, that they were consistently rdming each-other, and very likely others, in the name of "fun" I think we can say based on those two things this was justified?

Shid never rdmed anyone the entire time nopleez had already rdmed 2-3 but suddenly he kills you and thats an instant kick verses nopleez who had massed? i dont think thats quite fair to shid but i want it to be a reminder im using this thread as A. showing you kicked someone for a SINGLE possible not even rdm whilst other people were rdming more than once.-
-and (B. that donors do this alot and im specifically calling out someone but i wont name them who kick after you rdm once and proceed to kick you on that one rdm and do it without even asking staff or letting the staff add slays as, that is bad.) on my time of ttt recently i have been kicked 3 times by this person wether the rdm was on propose or by accident over the course of three different maps and i would rather dm an upper staff but i dont really know who i can talk to.

but getting back to the main point, it was a single rdm verses the 10 more that was ignored but when it went against you a single time that determined an instant kick.
I never said "give him a strike" or "strip his power" this is a report of an unfair kick against shid so it can be brought up again incase you do anything a second time. 
and yes i can agree the ttt donor guidelines are broad but (this is a big but) you would still think that you would maybe be unbiased and kick the real mass rdmers like amaurtsu but instead you kick the guy that killed you for "ffa of traitor" i don't know what this means but ill assume its some form of rdm.

tl:dr
you were biased
im not saying you deserver to gain a strike or lose donor

EDIT: added the logs from that round
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
bump
Ctrl+Alt+CloseTheThread