Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy bhops for all
Because of a Gmod update or someone changing a server cvar, you are now able to change fps_max settings in game, unlike in the past where you had to disconnect prior.
This doesnt seem all that too important until you realize that changing fps_max can all but automate bhopping with the scroll wheel. Prior to this change, you had to suffer the experience of terrible 33 fps through your entire play session, but this update changes that.

With this new change in being able to change fps_max mid game, i've been able to create this bind:

alias scrolljumpoff "bind mwheeldown invnext; fps_max 300; bind kp_enter scrolljumpon"
alias scrolljumpon "bind mwheeldown +jump; fps_max 33; bind kp_enter scrolljumpoff"
scrolljumpoff
bind kp_enter scrolljumpon

Simply copypaste this into your autoexec or config cfg and change the red text to the key binding of your liking and you'll have a key that automatically switches between normal fps/mouse wheel behavior and braindead easy low fps mousewheel bhops on the fly.

USE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION ON OTHER SERVERS AS THE FPS_MAX TRICK TRIGGERS MANY BHOP ANTICHEATS

(was gonna post this in the TTT section but i realized it'd be helpful for almost everyone)

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
You've been able to change the fps_max value mid-game since early 2020

other than that you're fine ig, but definitely not the best settings for bhopping
(05-29-2021, 08:36 AM)WingRiddenAngel Wrote: You've been able to change the fps_max value mid-game since early 2020

other than that you're fine ig, but definitely not the best settings for bhopping
Didnt realize that first part, thanks.

Its not the best settings for bhopping on a high tick bhopping server, but 33 is optimal for 66 tick servers aka dinkleberg servers.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't fps_max have to be equal to the server tickrate for this trick to work? I'm pretty sure TTT's tickrate isn't 33, but I haven't checked in a while.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(05-29-2021, 07:27 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't fps_max have to be equal to the server tickrate for this trick to work? I'm pretty sure TTT's tickrate isn't 33, but I haven't checked in a while.
iirc dinks does have a 33 tick server, that's why the hitreg sucks donkey balls
(05-29-2021, 07:30 PM)WingRiddenAngel Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 07:27 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't fps_max have to be equal to the server tickrate for this trick to work? I'm pretty sure TTT's tickrate isn't 33, but I haven't checked in a while.
Garry’s Mod servers are single-threaded so all processing is done on a single CPU core. Because of this it’s not a great idea to make the server tick > 33 on a server with 32 player slots.
(05-29-2021, 07:47 PM)Tedgp908 Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 07:30 PM)WingRiddenAngel Wrote:
Garry’s Mod servers are single-threaded so all processing is done on a single CPU core. Because of this it’s not a great idea to make the server tick > 33 on a server with 32 player slots.
Until you get into very high tick servers, the fps_max has to be equal to half the server tick rate. Dinks runs 66 tick servers so around 33 is optimal. You can find the tick rate for any given server by using net_graph 4

This is not correct, you have to set your fps_max to 33.33, brainlet.

this message comes from the fps_max 0 gang
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(05-30-2021, 11:10 AM)Noire Wrote: This is not correct, you have to set your fps_max to 33.33, brainlet.

this message comes from the fps_max 0 gang
33.33 just makes it more consistent and the value of decimals  can differ form person to person; i've already talked to laced about this in game