Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thunderwalrusinnthebar - Ban because he was wrong and didnt want to admit to it
(05-30-2021, 03:02 AM)Dill Doe Wrote: I hope the next time we play, you’ll be able to take some criticism when you deserve it and be honest and do your job as you should. See you
Criticizing staff only makes it harder to staff such a big server. I recommend you just relax and wait for the proper evidence to be uploaded. Staff work hard to keep such a popular server under control and we all have guidelines of what to do. If you don't like the way things work you can voice your opinion on the forums. The arguing just isn't needed.
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
Okay, here we go.
My perspective: I joined roughly mid-way into the incident, after Dill served a slay issued by Thunder.

Issue #1: The Slay
The report in question was filed by Thunder on Dill Doe.
Thunder argued he was running away, Dill Doe argues he fired a deagle at the stairs and throw a grenade.
Deathscene in question:

Both report comments are a bit off - it appears Thunder did throw a grenade and was not AFK - but there was no deagle fire at the stairs (logs could be checked to confirm, i didn't see it in deathscene).
It is of my belief that Dill Doecould have reasonably seen the incendiary grenade being thrown. Regardless of the semantics of when/what was argued - the deathscene on its head shows that Dill Doe could have reasonably seen the incen being thrown, and thus I do believe the slay was not warranted.

This was a case of staff members handling their own reports. I feel that Thunder may have issued the slay based on what he saw in his 1PS view, and maybe didn't double-check the evidence thoroughly. I'm not sure if Thunder knew I had joined at that point, so he was OK to handle his own report (instead of handing it off to another staff member).
To resolve this, I think an apology from Thunder for a false slay and a self-slay is appropriate.

Issue #2: The Aftermath
Regardless of the outcome of the slay - whether Dill agrees with the slay or disagrees with it, his behavior in terms of complaining about the slay was inappropriate, and amounted to flaming.
I started recording after Dill returned from his kick - this can be viewed here: 

From what I saw, Dill were gagged/muted, issued a verbal warning to calm down, and were kicked when you continued to rant in admin chat. After that, when he came back, he was calm initially.
But then he started complaining in the admin chat again. I stepped in, trying to tell him to calm down, and he tried ranting to me in voice chat.
I know Dill claims Thunder banned during our conversation, but frankly it wasn't much of a conversation. I couldn't really get a word in, to be honest.
From my perspective, Dill was very heated, and upset about the slay situation. He was ignoring request from a staff member to drop an argument, relocate the discusssion to discord/steam DM's or forums, and flaming that staff member, nearly 10 minutes after the slay itself occurred.

Issue #3: The Ban
Thunder ended up issuing a 1-day ban for continuing to flame him and complain IN GAME. I feel the gripe regarding the slay may be legitimate, granted I don't have the full details. But the game chat is not the place to argue one's case. The best thing to do is to move on from it, play the game, and follow up later. Thunder asked you to do so multiple times, and in the end, banned you 1 day for the continuous flaming/arguing you were doing.

In the staff guidelines, the punishments for flaming staff are as follows:
1. Warning and temp gag/mute

2. 1-day ban

I feel the verbal warnings given, including the gag/mutes, were enough for Dill to calm down and stop bringing up the issue. Dill was not calming down - as such, Thunder kicked Dill from the server - asking Dill to come back when calm. Dill came back, claimed he was - but as my video shows, the hard feelings were still very strong, and Dill was still very animated.

As my video shows, Dill was calm initially - but soon afterwards continued to complain in the admin chat, and then went on a tirade in voice chat. The ban followed shortly after.
I feel the 1-day ban is appropriate given the situation, and falls within the guidelines. The ban had nothing to do with the slay, but everything to do with Dill's reaction afterwards.

Conclusion:
I feel that the slay was not warranted. I feel that Dill's response to the slay was even less warranted.
Perhaps Thunder could have handled the slay situation better, but post slay everything was handled well by Thunder.
I feel the situation can be resolved by Thunder self-slaying and Dill serving his ban.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(05-30-2021, 03:39 AM)Here lies Eggroll's reputation. Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 03:02 AM)Dill Doe Wrote: I hope the next time we play, you’ll be able to take some criticism when you deserve it and be honest and do your job as you should. See you
Criticizing staff only makes it harder to staff such a big server. 
i have to disagree if you can not take criticism and use it to better yourself you have some pretty big problems and you will cause some big problems
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
(05-30-2021, 04:06 AM)Cryptic Salsa Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 03:39 AM)Here lies Eggroll's reputation. Wrote:
Criticizing staff only makes it harder to staff such a big server. 
i have to disagree if you can not take criticism and use it to better yourself you have some pretty big problems and you will cause some big problems
Don't know why you were downvoted because this is completely right, the only thing I will say is there's a huge difference between criticizing someone and flaming them. In this case, this is flaming 100%.
Dill Doe you have constantly killed people on your own incorrect suspicions then made up a reason on the spot. Most of them time its "he was kos'd on earlier in the round" with you always weasling into "it was on voice" whenever people call you out. You have done this personally to me twice, i've seen you do it to other people, and i wouldnt be surprised if you did this to Thunder, especially since when you slow down the death scene to 0.25 it shows you shooting him as soon as you see him with the incend, not after he throws; I cant access the old logs from that round for whatever reason, but if some mod with higher perms than me does, they'll most likely confirm this.

This isnt an RDM report, but if its found out that you shot first, that would mean you got all pissy and abrasive about a situation where you were at fault anyway.

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
Firstly why does age matter in any of this, commenting about it adds nothing to the argument. Second I will never tolerate verbal abuse towards my staff members. When we play we don't get on to just be there to punish we play because we love the game as much as you or anyone else, just because they can take a bit more of a beating doesn't mean that you get free reign to talk to them in the way you did.
One thing I've learned as an admin here Is When you approach a situation emotional and with aggression you will only recieve it back. Since this seems to be just a day ban I'm gonna ask that you finish the ban. I don't think the kick you received was entirely the correct thing to do so we will discuss that but as of right now I see no abuse here. I do agree a simple apology from thunder and you would be enough here.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
I will be adding a slay to myself the next time I hop on.
I came back from a party pretty fucked up last night and got very upset and aggressive. I’m sorry about that to you thunder and to the rest of staff.
You know me, I play by the rules and are nice to people.
See you after my ban

(05-30-2021, 06:16 AM)Thayr Wrote: -1
Dill Doe you have constantly killed people on your own incorrect suspicions then made up a reason on the spot. Most of them time its "he was kos'd on earlier in the round" with you always weasling into "it was on voice" whenever people call you out. You have done this personally to me twice, i've seen you do it to other people, and i wouldnt be surprised if you did this to Thunder, especially since when you slow down the death scene to 0.25 it shows you shooting him as soon as you see him with the incend, not after he throws; I cant access the old logs from that round for whatever reason, but if some mod with higher perms than me does, they'll most likely confirm this.

This isnt an RDM report, but if its found out that you shot first, that would mean you got all pissy and abrasive about a situation where you were at fault anyway.

idk what you’re talking about and why you’d get involved here, but I wasn’t wrong for killing him as I clearly saw him throw an incendiary into to spawn. Also we have had situations where I kill people later in rounds, but it’s because they were Kos’ed earlier either in chat or VC.