overwatered weed plant Unban Request
I can respect upholding the integrity of the game by having a strict "no hacking or scripting" policy, but there is no way you people can have a straight face banning someone for 2 weeks for using an autoclicker to throw fucking popcorn. I could do the exact same thing by binding my mouse wheel to the fire button, but people don't get banned for that do they? No, because that would be stupid.

+1
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(05-31-2021, 10:25 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I can respect upholding the integrity of the game by having a strict "no hacking or scripting" policy, but there is no way you people can have a straight face banning someone for 2 weeks for using an autoclicker to throw fucking popcorn. I could do the exact same thing by binding my mouse wheel to the fire button, but people don't get banned for that do they? No, because that would be stupid.

+1
I went and looked up how to do this alternatively and I showed in the video you can bind to do it to the mouse wheel! However I noted it was super annoying because then you can't scroll through your weapons like if you were to want to get to the sentry turret you can't cause it'll just go to your secondary weapon.

EDIT MAS IMPORTANTE': I am going to bed, night lads, hope to see you all on the server tomorrow if the admins are kind.
(05-31-2021, 09:54 PM)Noire Wrote: tl;dr

Unban this dude, this ban is overreaching and unwarranted. This is not Minecraft, you cannot gain an advantage by using an auto-clicker. That's it. That being said, if dude would've kept his mouth shut you people wouldn't have been the wiser that he was doing what he was doing.

Using an auto-clicker like this cannot be likened to any type of 'hacking' or scripting that is malicious.
+1 on unban, this is a reach.
former admin2
(05-31-2021, 10:47 PM)fruit lops Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 09:54 PM)Noire Wrote: tl;dr

Unban this dude, this ban is overreaching and unwarranted. This is not Minecraft, you cannot gain an advantage by using an auto-clicker. That's it. That being said, if dude would've kept his mouth shut you people wouldn't have been the wiser that he was doing what he was doing.

Using an auto-clicker like this cannot be likened to any type of 'hacking' or scripting that is malicious.
+1 on unban, this is a reach.

I was about to go to bed then I saw your reply... what the fuck is going on in that video in your signature??? I am so confused it's a thanos oven mitt being lit on fire by an electric stove? There's a lot to take in here.
(05-31-2021, 10:30 PM)overwatered weed plant Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 10:25 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I can respect upholding the integrity of the game by having a strict "no hacking or scripting" policy, but there is no way you people can have a straight face banning someone for 2 weeks for using an autoclicker to throw fucking popcorn. I could do the exact same thing by binding my mouse wheel to the fire button, but people don't get banned for that do they? No, because that would be stupid.

+1
I went and looked up how to do this alternatively and I showed in the video you can bind to do it to the mouse wheel! However I noted it was super annoying because then you can't scroll through your weapons like if you were to want to get to the sentry turret you can't cause it'll just go to your secondary weapon.

EDIT MAS IMPORTANTE': I am going to bed, night lads, hope to see you all on the server tomorrow if the admins are kind.

I can make you a custom keybind to switch between weapon scrolling with the mouse wheel and popcorn spam with the mousewheel, if you would like
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
(05-31-2021, 11:05 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 10:30 PM)overwatered weed plant Wrote:

+1

I can make you a custom keybind to switch between weapon scrolling with the mouse wheel and popcorn spam with the mousewheel, if you would like

I would love that, can you show me how to do it myself?
(05-31-2021, 11:09 PM)overwatered weed plant Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 11:05 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I can make you a custom keybind to switch between weapon scrolling with the mouse wheel and popcorn spam with the mousewheel, if you would like
Download
Basically, put these two config files in your cfg folder (steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg), type "exec toggleclick1" in console, and when you press the i key, you should be able to toggle between scrolling through weapons and spamming the attack button with your mouse wheel. You can edit both of the files to bind it to something other than the i key if you would like, or I can do it for you.

I don't know how familiar you are with garry's mod, but I'll try to explain: these two files are called configs, and they are a list of console commands to run one after the other when the file is ran. The file runs with the "exec <filename>" console command. When you type "exec toggleclick1", three things happen:
  • Scroll down binds to the next item in your weapon list
  • Scroll up binds to the previous item in your weapon list
  • The i key is bound to run the SECOND config file (toggleclick2)

Your i key gets rebound to run the second file, so when you press i, three more things happen:
  • Scroll down binds to the attack button
  • Scroll up also binds to the attack button
  • The i key is bound back to the FIRST config file (toggleclick1)

Since i gets bound back to the first config file, they can "toggle" back and forth. By pressing i and running the config, the config can tell the i key to run a different config, and then THAT config can tell the i key to go back and run the first config, and so on. They kind of swap back and forth.

It's a little complicated, but that's the basics of bind toggles. If you're have any more questions you can PM me on the forums or ping me on discord, I'm happy to help.. definitely derailing this thread a little bit though. I should make a guide for this..
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
(05-31-2021, 11:39 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 11:09 PM)overwatered weed plant Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 11:05 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I can make you a custom keybind to switch between weapon scrolling with the mouse wheel and popcorn spam with the mousewheel, if you would like
Download
Basically, put these two config files in your cfg folder (steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg), type "exec toggleclick1" in console, and when you press the i key, you should be able to toggle between scrolling through weapons and spamming the attack button with your mouse wheel. You can edit both of the files to bind it to something other than the i key if you would like, or I can do it for you.

I don't know how familiar you are with garry's mod, but I'll try to explain: these two files are called configs, and they are a list of console commands to run one after the other when the file is ran. The file runs with the "exec <filename>" console command. When you type "exec toggleclick1", three things happen:
  • Scroll down binds to the next item in your weapon list
  • Scroll up binds to the previous item in your weapon list
  • The i key is bound to run the SECOND config file (toggleclick2)

Your i key gets rebound to run the second file, so when you press i, three more things happen:
  • Scroll down binds to the attack button
  • Scroll up also binds to the attack button
  • The i key is bound back to the FIRST config file (toggleclick1)

Since i gets bound back to the first config file, they can "toggle" back and forth. By pressing i and running the config, the config can tell the i key to run a different config, and then THAT config can tell the i key to go back and run the first config, and so on. They kind of swap back and forth.

It's a little complicated, but that's the basics of bind toggles. If you're have any more questions you can PM me on the forums or ping me on discord, I'm happy to help.. definitely derailing this thread a little bit though. I should make a guide for this..
you really should not be teaching people how to lag the fuck out of the server
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
(05-31-2021, 11:39 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: -snip-

saved and downloaded before this gets deleted, tyvm
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(05-31-2021, 11:52 PM)Cryptic Salsa Wrote: you really should not be teaching people how to lag the fuck out of the server

I had to spend almost 4,000 hours collecting my unbounded esoteric knowledge of the source engine. It is almost completely useless to me and was overall a massive waste of my time other than motivating my career in IT. If someone else can find the weird stuff I know useful, I am not going to let them wallow away spending hundreds of hours not knowing about it when I can just spend 15 minutes to teach them. I do not want to be the stereotypical expert that hides away their secrets and is a massive asshole to people when they ask for help. Being more open about expert level knowledge makes the world a better place and gets people motivated to learn more on their own instead of discouraged by the lack of support.

That's a corny (but 100% true from the heart) response though.. a better question is, if this addon supposedly causes lag problems, why do we have it?

(06-01-2021, 12:00 AM)Noire Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 11:39 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: -snip-

saved and downloaded before this gets deleted, tyvm
you know where to find me if you want anything else cool bb
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR