Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, here goes nothing.
Ingame Name: [test]Steelman334

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:70845250

Time Played: 261 hours

When First Joined: According to game tracker, it was October 19th, 2019. https://www.gametracker.com/player/Steel...134:27015/ For some reason, there are multiple me's since I changed my name several times. 

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): I mostly play in the evenings during Mon-Fri and in the afternoons on Saturday and Sunday. I am in the Eastern Time Zone. 

Rank Desired: I desire the rank of trusted. 

Current Rank: I currently hold the rank of donor.

What can you do to help the community?: If given the rank of trusted, I will make sure that the Prop Hunt server is ghoster free. I've always loved playing prop hunt for years and I would enjoy being able to help make sure that the PH server is a place where people can chill and play prop hunt. 

Why do you want to help the community?: I want to help this community because I'm tired of seeing these ghosters and trolls thinking they can get away with being a pain in the rear because there are no admins on. Some people get turned away from dinkleburgs PH server because of the actions of trolls and ghosters and if I became trusted, I could help prevent newer players from being driven away.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): I have not been banned.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): I have not applied for staff before.

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? Yes I do. I just got it recently. It is wondershare filmora. 

How did you find us?: I found this server many years ago since I was searching for a replacement prop hunt server. I was really intrigued by this server because of the prop menu. 

Other: I've been a donor for this server for almost a full year now. I've learned since then the best way to deal with a scenario and to team up with other donors to tackle a situation. I made a mistake once and let my temper get the better of me, but I learned from that scenario. Some of you have seen how I can be really positive when playing the game to being a dad when a troll pokes it's head out of the bridge. I always want to have fun when I play PH. I took a break from dinks awhile ago because COVID is a butthole and really messed me up emotionally but I'm back and I'm ready to spread positivity. 
I think you should work on not mic spamming before putting an application in. I have warned you several times for mic spam over the past few weeks, today was one of those times (given, none of them have gotten you actually gagged because you've stopped after being warned).  Burping/making excessive noises in the mic is not a good thing to do, as a regular player or staff member. 

-> wondershare filmora is an editing software not a recording software (I've been using this for editing videos since 2018). 

OBS is an easy to use program that's free and easy to program. I use it myself, along with Xbox Game bar recording. Though there are dozens of free programs out there. If you do get OBS and need help setting it up, let me know and I'll help you. 

For the time being, I am at -1 for you getting staff.  Though this is an easy fix, I could see giving you at least a +0 on your next application if this one was to get denied with you obtaining a recording program and not mic spamming. 

Best of luck mate, see your steel self out on the prop field
Steelman, 

I have to stay neutral on this man,

From what Triangle said, you got some things to work from the mic spams to other things,

Staff are shown to be like the "peace keepers" of the server and well, we do have fun here and there at times, however random sounds like burping or random shout or even a sound board can be a bit over the top.

I know the game is fun to play and fun to chat and troll in discord vc while playing, but there time where you have to keep your cool and limit yourself.

I haven't seen how you interact with other staff member while I'm on, but when I'm on you seems to chill out but also when a rando player tend to troll or be the class server clown, its not really a good idea to follow up and continue it by joining on the fun if it will annoy other players, but you hold back a bit...at some times not always...

Overall, the advice what Triangle and I gave hopefully give you room to improve since its the little things and actions that do count.

[Image: sukuna-evil-laugh.gif]
[Image: YWj4Wn.gif]
Hey homie, I'm gonna keep it short and simple, I don't think currently you're ready to be staff. You're very helpful but you're still unsure on where to draw that line, you mic spam and have encouraged trolls and arguments.

That being said, I'm going with a -1 but I want you to take all these things into consideration and work towards correction. Best of luck!
Go away
Hello steelman, I am glad you are interested but just like the other staff members have said, mic spam and encouraging trolls is an issue. Although I cannot recall this myself, it appears to seem that way. Therefore I'm going to need to go with a 0. I'm not quite sure how to feel about someone that mic spams and encourages trolls, becoming staff for the server. I see that you are super active and that's great but you just need to work on chilling out a little. I see you are very active in the ph discord and always ping staff when things get out of hand so, clearly you know when the server needs help so that is good. Sorry, but I wish you the best of luck on this. 

Final thoughts, negative. 0

Sorry if the reply was all over the place.
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
Hey Steelman, Thanks for applying!

I would like to address my initial first impression of you was pretty sour. From memory your attitude at the beginning was quite demanding tho became less over time, you'd overstep on acting staff, mic spam, I recall some calling out ghosters and hackers here and there, and feeding trolls then making it worse than it is.
The outburst did leave me feeling sour towards you as well but afterwards you realized your mistake, admitted it, apologized for it, and learned from it. Which shows a lot of growth on your part which made me think a bit better of you. You've improved a tad on some of those things listed by myself and others since the early times and the outburst.

You demonstrate that you do know how to ping for staff when you need help in server, you are incredibly helpful to those on the server, sometimes nice to the players, and can understand the rules. But in the end I still think you aren't ready to become staff but that doesn't mean you can't help in some ways. Ban Requests help a bunch, notifying staff, appropriately using your donor powers, etc.

( -1 )
Good luck on your adventures, friend.
I hope you stick around regardless of the results of your application.
Sorry my response is a fucking mess because it is almost 4am as I am typing this response.
So. I'm inactive on server but I feel I should speak my mind here. Unless there's more to it, I believe that minor mic spam is something that can be looked over for someone who has shown that they're willing to be wrong and admit their mistakes. We've seen that Steelman has the capability to admit he's wrong and I believe that's a big thing when looking for staff. If you can't admit you're wrong, you're not fit to be staff.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
Travis's comment kinda bumped it but imma do it again- BUMP!
Hi Steelman, thanks for showing interest in becoming part of the team. I don't want to repeat what's already been said but I will say I have found you very helpful on occasions that I have interacted with you and from what I have seen in the discord. I do think you have the potential to be staff but it seems there are a few things to work on.

My advice:
Keep showing enthusiasm for the game and for helping. 
Try to stay out of trouble and avoid the mic spam.
We do appreciate help but please don't overstep the staff when they are on the server, just use the admin chat when needed.

I think with a little more time and consistency you will be a great addition to the team.

-1 for now.
[Image: unknown.jpg]
I have definitely been waiting for this application, I can see the potential and also the interest in you for becoming staff which I am super supportive of. I don't think you're 100% ready yet though.

While I haven't seen much in the way of the behaviour the above comments have mentioned, I do think it'll be good for you to work on keeping calm when things get hectic and trolly on server. Trust me, I absolutely understand how stressful, irritating and frustrating it can be when server goes to hell and it seems like there's nothing you can do to stop it, but one of the biggest traits a staff member needs to have is staying calm under those pressures.

I do also want to touch on not overstepping and knowing when to let someone else take over. I personally struggle with this so again I find it very relatable, but as staff you gotta know when to back off and let someone above you take over, share control of the server etc etc.

Honestly, I think keep going the way you are, try to work on the stuff that's been mentioned here, and I'll give you an easy +1.

For now I'm neutral. You absolutely have potential and I do want you to earn the Trusted role, just maybe not yet.

Feel free to message me at any point if you need any pointers, and good luck for next time!

:)