Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Gebriel.
(06-15-2021, 02:46 AM)Gabeolo Wrote: This keeps happening. How many people like this have been exposed by now, 5? Now how many of them are still around?

The problem is people like this hide in plain sight and the inaction of others in our communities history allowed a space where people like this could foster. Know that while it may seem like a more prevelant issue we are finding more and more and expelling them from our community.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
I suggest shutting down the community to permanently solve the pedo problem.
(06-15-2021, 10:36 AM)Battons Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 02:46 AM)Gabeolo Wrote: This keeps happening. How many people like this have been exposed by now, 5? Now how many of them are still around?

The problem is people like this hide in plain sight and the inaction of others in our communities history allowed a space where people like this could foster. Know that while it may seem like a more prevelant issue we are finding more and more and expelling them from our community.
In ‘18 we removed many for different types of harassment, several being staff. It’s not that suddenly that year had a jump in it, but rather that people came to admins and the reports were followed up on. Any “ooo weee look at that” comments are in response to it already being handled. At least get the server right…
If they were actually known and were properly reported any other instances could be handled as well. The admins do not submit a federal background check when approving apps and we can’t foresee events so we have to rely on reported incidents.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I want to say thank you whoever stepped forward. As for offender good riddance people that prey on others are scum. Lastly thank you Fish and whoever else for quickly handling it when they stepped forward.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(06-14-2021, 11:25 PM)David Wrote:
(06-14-2021, 10:18 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: We need individuals, people like you, to come forward and show us information such as this.

You know, this is actually a really solid take. Instances like this showcase why having a community to keep staff in check (in a serious manner) because then we can expose and get rid of people who have no place in this community. Use this as an instance for a time to bring unity! Go Dink's

I don't think I've ever agreed with you more than what you posted here ^. We need to heal and move forward. It really sucks that this has happened, especially more than once but action was taken quickly once the right information was available and the community is safer because of it, so thank you to those who came forward and to the admins who dealt with a difficult situation.

I'm also glad to have got up this morning and this thread not have turned into shit show, I appreciate that a lot!
[Image: unknown.jpg]
(06-14-2021, 10:18 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: An individual did decide to come to me about the subject with ample evidence provided. This evidence and decision to community ban Gebriel was made leaders in this community as well as myself. All of the evidence was analyzed and consulted with leaders of this community. I also went to other people who could confirm some of the lies, but did not know how far the manipulation went or that they even existed. The manipulation mainly happened with one person and went into illegal activities that are not allowed here in Dinkleberg's. 

I do agree with you fish...that will not be tolerated per Community guidelines and rules! thats the 2nd one...... SMFH I guess some are trying to become a staff and undermine their role to do this behavior.... and it will not be accepted by the Members/Staff of Dinklebergs. I would never thought Gebriel would stoop so low to do this!  Thats the world we all live in!  Good call on the ban Fish
I'm proud of this community. Revisiting this thread and somehow it didn't get locked. I think handling this situation the way it was is a stepping stone to handling these scenario's in the future. With time after revisiting, good riddance, that's just disgusting. Whoever came forward. Your courage is commendable. Thank you.
Well shit... And I considered them a good friend for awhile there. Hope this can stop occuring. That being said, I don't blame other staff members for it. If you had no concrete evidence till now, then thats just how it is. Just glad its taken care of now rather than never.
 Uh oh, all errors!