i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
perp
[Image: xdjlve.png]
my little pony rp please :)
I give it three weeks
hear me out, get rid of DR & Murder Staff/Admins (it's not like they're very useful in their current states anyways), consolidate it into 'Minigames Staff' --- Have various different game modes cycle through each month, from murder to bhop to jailbreak. Have the community vote on the game modes every other month or every month. Bring life to those dead servers because we all know, murder and DR get boring as fuck if played for any extended length of time.

That being said, bigger more 'intensive' game modes, i.e. DarkRP, would not be possible under the 'minigames' solution.

(06-19-2021, 02:22 PM)Noire Wrote: hear me out, get rid of DR & Murder Staff/Admins (it's not like they're very useful in their current states anyways), consolidate it into 'Minigames Staff' --- Have various different game modes cycle through each month, from murder to bhop to jailbreak. Have the community vote on the game modes every other month or every month. Bring life to those dead servers because we all know, murder and DR get boring as fuck if played for any extended length of time.

That being said, bigger more 'intensive' game modes, i.e. DarkRP, would not be possible under the 'minigames' solution.

shit this was recommended earlier in the thread oops, it's okay, i reiterated
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(06-19-2021, 02:22 PM)Noire Wrote: -snip-
It's not all like what you say."hear me out, get rid of DR & Murder Staff/Admins (it's not like they're very useful in their current states anyways)"

Let's talk  about the new gamemode "jailbreak"server.

When you first enter the game, when you click the server list you will see this https://imgur.com/a/fEMsIi0
The most played popular game modes.

Murder server is sometimes active, Deathrun server is the same way.Sometimes full server sometimes no one.And it never seems to change

Current jailbreak players https://imgur.com/a/1SczIBG 15 player maximum per day.

Current minigame players https://imgur.com/a/Q1e3wpe 10 player maximum per day.

Current murder players https://imgur.com/a/gpdYDqV 121 players goes 200 or something at night.

Current Deathrun players https://imgur.com/a/6nr310A 58 players [url=https://imgur.com/a/6nr310A][/url]

Most popular murder deathrun minigame jailbreak server it consists only of one community.Communities that usually have only one game mode.

If dink wants to add another server, it will die within 3 weeks.Most likely, It will be more dead than the current dead servers.
only if i get to staff with you, us smurfs gotta stick together
Go away
(06-19-2021, 03:00 PM)Norm Minder Wrote:
(06-19-2021, 02:22 PM)Noire Wrote: -snip-

-snip this too-

Well, the thing about the switching of game modes idea you would have to switch the section it is under in the "Garry's Mod find server tab" each time you swap the gamemode. It would probably require more effort than anyone that has access to the backend of the servers wants to exert. 

As far as the deathrun and murder servers we currently have, and I'll keep this tangent short considering it's getting a bit off-topic from the original idea, they can be active but only when they are loved and cared for. We saw that when Titan was admin over DR or when, and god forgive me for saying this, [redacted] was the figurehead of murder. However, in their current state, they are DOA beside the few nights where a group of friends wants to hop on and kick-start the server's activity again. 

In all honesty, a minigames/changing game mode server would be totally kick-ass, in practice, this would not work due to the lack of interest in a rotating game modes server from people outside of our current community, because, as you stated, communities don't change game modes like that. It would be a very neat idea to put into practice though because it would give nigh constant diversity when it comes to what games you play. For the record, I am not saying that the rotations would be restricted to jailbreak and bhop. I feel as though it should include various game modes, including old ones that have died out a long time ago, i.e. Extreme Football Throwdown and fan favourites like Melonbomber and Suicide Barrels.

It could be done under a completely separate game tag, like 'Dinkleberg's Rotating Gamemodes' or something but you run into the issue of no one finding the server and it dying at the bottom of the server list. Due to this, I doubt Dink will put in the effort of creating an entirely new server for gamemodes like the ones I listed above because it would be a net negative income for him. So, I suggested the consolidation of the dying servers and this proposed rotating game mode server into one conglomerate to help facilitate the idea of a rotating gamemode server into a more grounded reality. 

If we did do something like that, it would even free up another server slot for something like DarkRP to come back into the Dinkleberg's Gmod community.

TL;DR
Jack of all trades, master of none. Oftentimes better than a master of one.

All of that was just a bunch of brainstorming though, so, take it with a grain of salt.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
Gotta agree with what I've seen, Minigame server would be dope.
 Uh oh, all errors!