Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haxune Application Wow
I would like to be transparent and say that I welcome all feedback and criticism. All of your words have just inspired me to do even better than I already am.
 Uh oh, all errors!
Bump before final decision is made. :)
[Image: unknown.jpg]
While I've recently had come back, thus making my vote neutral (0), I want to point out an experience that I had with you Basically the one where I told you that you had to show more because you were only showing like a pixel. You started to argue that you were perfectly visible when, in fact, you weren't. However, I'd like to also add that you did leave before you caused further issues. That can be seen as a good thing, as it shows self-control but also a bad thing when things can become heated.
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
(07-10-2021, 08:03 PM)Alora Wrote: While I've recently had come back, thus making my vote neutral (0), I want to point out an experience that I had with you Basically the one where I told you that you had to show more because you were only showing like a pixel. You started to argue that you were perfectly visible when, in fact, you weren't. However, I'd like to also add that you did leave before you caused further issues. That can be seen as a good thing, as it shows self-control but also a bad thing when things can become heated.
I will say, the argument came from the fact that I have seen others use it, including staff. Normally I don't mind to fix it, but when it is something used even by staff, I will argue against it. The way I see it, spots in general seem to have an iffyness to them. Some staff will say a spot is fine, others say its not. It really does tend to lead to more arguments than I'd like. I don't continue to do something if told not to, but when I get confirmation from one staff member that a spot is okay, and informed by another that it isn't, it is hard to decide which is true. I always refer to the !spots regardless, but I also try to avoid getting into trouble with staff. It is a boundary that is hard to not cross with conflicting information coming from one side of staff and another. Perhaps it is something that needs to be addressed in the future? Would love to hear your input on the matter.
 Uh oh, all errors!
(07-10-2021, 09:56 PM)Haxune Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 08:03 PM)Alora Wrote: While I've recently had come back, thus making my vote neutral (0), I want to point out an experience that I had with you Basically the one where I told you that you had to show more because you were only showing like a pixel. You started to argue that you were perfectly visible when, in fact, you weren't. However, I'd like to also add that you did leave before you caused further issues. That can be seen as a good thing, as it shows self-control but also a bad thing when things can become heated.
I will say, the argument came from the fact that I have seen others use it, including staff. Normally I don't mind to fix it, but when it is something used even by staff, I will argue against it. The way I see it, spots in general seem to have an iffyness to them. Some staff will say a spot is fine, others say its not. It really does tend to lead to more arguments than I'd like. I don't continue to do something if told not to, but when I get confirmation from one staff member that a spot is okay, and informed by another that it isn't, it is hard to decide which is true. I always refer to the !spots regardless, but I also try to avoid getting into trouble with staff. It is a boundary that is hard to not cross with conflicting information coming from one side of staff and another. Perhaps it is something that needs to be addressed in the future? Would love to hear your input on the matter.
This was your spot. While that small dark grey thing in the corner is you. [Image: 840dd2c2444bf9a92adbd29b8c4488e1.jpg] (sadly I didn't record me seeing you in the spot so all I had was me freecamming to see if that spot was ok.)
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
(07-11-2021, 01:38 PM)Alora Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 09:56 PM)Haxune Wrote:
This was your spot. While that small dark grey thing in the corner is you. [Image: 840dd2c2444bf9a92adbd29b8c4488e1.jpg] (sadly I didn't record me seeing you in the spot so all I had was me freecamming to see if that spot was ok.)
I did adjust the spot as well. Was still tp'd. The tp after fixing was what got me heated, as it felt like I wasted my time. Yes, I know you had already moved elsewhere to do the tp by the time I had fixed it, but it did still did annoy me. Regardless, as I had said in a discord message directly to you, I had apologized for the sudden outburst of annoyance, and reassured you were doing a good job :)
 Uh oh, all errors!
Alright, sorry this took so long to answer with an official reply but since most of the earlier responses were about your time, I decided to see if that issue would resolve itself or not.

As for right now, this application is denied and you can apply again on August 12, 2021. Let me explain the reasoning that we came to this, we do like your activity, I enjoy your enthusiasm and excitement to play on the server and with others. You help new players with basic commands and you have even submitted a few ban requests to try and get rid of troublemakers. These are all good things and shows community involvement.

Hiding in the illegal spot shown above is not the reason for your denial, but your immediate frustration that got so mad that you left soon after. Obviously, we would rather have that than have you yelling in the server but it is a matter of concern as it is not the first time I have heard it happening. The spot was illegal, staff have hid in similar spots or have seen others hide in similar spots but I have not okayed nor have I seen a staff member okay the spot pushed to the length that you were hidden as. I believe that Alora handled the situation correctly even though you did not like the result. She told you to move, you argued the spot, she teleported you elsewhere. Players who have become staff with anger issues has constantly become a bad mixture. It is something that I do not want to risk happening again. You have to keep a cool head because if you are just going to get frustrated and angry when the server gets rough or when you get into an argument with another staff/user, terrible things can happen. It is a game of hide and seek, there is little reason to get so mad or frustrated that you have to leave the server entirely. How can we trust you to make the right decision in a rough server if possibly get angered so easily? Anger can lead to rash decision making which can make the situation far worse than it is.

Now that we got past that, I want to say that the potential for you getting staff is clearly there with your involvement in the community on the discord and server. We see that you want to help, but we just want to make sure it is a good idea before giving you the rank. Just keep a cool head, and keep in mind not to hide in spots that are clearly illegal and you should have no problems trying again in the future. See you on the server and best of luck to you.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army