Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map Suggestion Megathread
(06-20-2021, 12:29 PM)boob Wrote: this is the dumbest post i have ever seen someone just delete it right now dear lord "let's remove all the good maps because they're "too big" when it hasn't even been much of a problem, my t turret 'strat' just doesn't work on them"

The super large maps are a problem though. Rounds will straight up last 7 - 9 minutes with only 25 people routinely on maps like canyon, rooftops, toytimegalaxy, etc. And I don't think I need to mention how awful of a map arghh is. It's visually stunning, but you can literally buy a radar on that map and still not find people.

The problem will always be trying to satisfy the two extremes of playcounts that the server frequently gets - it's either maxed out at 32/32 or hovering around 12-24. No matter what maps you add, it will satisfy one mode but not the other. So I think the easiest solution is to get rid of the universally bad maps, many of which are listed in the OP:

toytimegalaxy
arghh (awful map)
rooftops 2016 (original is much better even if I still think it's bad)
terrortown
lostland (seriously, this map is awful)
datmap (hallsway & t traps constitute 90% of the map, the other 10% is an open area which 15 people sit in trying to prop kill each other or rdm with turtles... lol)
(06-20-2021, 12:22 PM)fork smangler Wrote:
(06-20-2021, 12:20 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: Let’s bring back the Harry Potter map too. That was a decent size map.
That map was horribly optimized, too big, and exploitable beyond belief. No thanks
I think you missed my sarcasm.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(06-20-2021, 05:27 AM)HONG Wrote: +ttt_happyhome (a good size for 32 players, good variety as far as verticality and size goes)
Map description in the workshop itself only recommends a maximum of 10 players for this map. There are only 16 player spawns as well, but this is an easy fix regardless.
+ttt_poolparty (a smaller reimagined version of popular map ttt_communitypool, would work well with 32 players)
Poorly optimized and exploitable.
+ttt_mw2_terminal (great size for 32 players or just 16, fun times with explosive barrels and has something for everyone)
Too easy to map exploit without serious map editing.
+ttt_islandstreets (no joke when I say this map's not only one of the most visually stunning maps for ttt, and gmod in general, but is excellently balanced and I have no doubt it would perform well with 32 players)
Poorly optimized for multiplayer and causes extremely bad performance issues even on my computer.
+ttt_port (similar to islandstreets, a solid map for balanced gameplay of all sorts, with something for everyone.)
Also suffers from poor optimization.

I'll respond to some of the maps I've already tested on the test server.

Also I find it funny you say bikini bottom is too small then proceed to suggest 4 maps that are the same size or smaller.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(06-20-2021, 12:29 PM)boob Wrote: this is the dumbest post i have ever seen someone just delete it right now dear lord "let's remove all the good maps because they're "too big" when it hasn't even been much of a problem, my t turret 'strat' just doesn't work on them"

lol

(06-20-2021, 02:54 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(06-20-2021, 05:27 AM)HONG Wrote: +ttt_poolparty (a smaller reimagined version of popular map ttt_communitypool, would work well with 32 players)
Poorly optimized and exploitable.
+ttt_islandstreets (no joke when I say this map's not only one of the most visually stunning maps for ttt, and gmod in general, but is excellently balanced and I have no doubt it would perform well with 32 players)
Poorly optimized for multiplayer and causes extremely bad performance issues even on my computer.
+ttt_port (similar to islandstreets, a solid map for balanced gameplay of all sorts, with something for everyone.)
Also suffers from poor optimization.

I'll respond to some of the maps I've already tested on the test server.

Also I find it funny you say bikini bottom is too small then proceed to suggest 4 maps that are the same size or smaller.

Huh? I’ve never had an issue with the optimization of any of the aforementioned maps. All of them are also larger than bikini bottom. I am interested in how poolparty is exploitable, though— can you elaborate? I don’t recall it having map boundary issues, etc, but there very well could be something I missed.
All of the maps I’ve suggested I’ve played on with a server of 24+ people and have never heard optimization complaints. Especially from islandstreets, which I was able to get a consistent 150+ FPS on, when my computer isn’t that good.
I’d also like to point out the map “exploits” on mw2terminal are intended by the mapmaker, as there is a hidden ladder and vent allowing you to go outside the map. As for the glass ceiling, it’s not all that gamebreaking or disruptive to gameplay.
i hate poolparty its just waterworld but you can go outside and i thought we had a map like port?
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | Green Bean
I'd like to state this, in testing the maps what works for 1-10 people can face big problems when tasked with fitting all 32. (when it comes to map optimization) We ran into that issue with ttt_abyss, the server just couldn't handle it.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(06-20-2021, 05:06 PM)MillyDilly` Wrote: i hate poolparty its just waterworld but you can go outside and i thought we had a map like port?
I think we had a map in a port town and it was big as FUCK and it sucked dick
"Why is fake Gabe back?" -Prince Nicky
(06-20-2021, 02:04 PM)bryanbrr Wrote:
(06-20-2021, 12:22 PM)fork smangler Wrote:
(06-20-2021, 12:20 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: Let’s bring back the Harry Potter map too. That was a decent size map.
That map was horribly optimized, too big, and exploitable beyond belief. No thanks
I think you missed my sarcasm.
It's hard to detect sarcasm through text.
youll never take my cummy cradle also i like that either all or near all of the new maps you want removed -1
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
[Image: ?imw=268&imh=268&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter...erbox=true]

ttt_spotted
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | Green Bean