Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Staff Application - bespokepoop
i seen him on a handful of times he seems pretty good +1
He is very active on the server, nice person, it could be a great add to the Staff team +1
Of the newest wave of regulars, I like bespoke the most. Doesn't cause problems, knows rules, nice bloke. +1
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Hi, one concern I do have before making my decision is your lack of forum engagement/not having any ban requests made.
Granted it shouldn't be a quota to have so many ban requests before applying for staff but having at least one shows me that in the moment you know how to properly utilize your available tools. Have you read and understand how to make one? Thanks for applying btw, its nice to see enthusiasm in staffing.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
(06-24-2021, 08:54 PM)Battons Wrote: Hi, one concern I do have before making my decision is your lack of forum engagement/not having any ban requests made.
Granted it shouldn't be a quota to have so many ban requests before applying for staff but having at least one shows me that in the moment you know how to properly utilize your available tools. Have you read and understand how to make one? Thanks for applying btw, its nice to see enthusiasm in staffing.
Hi Batton--

Yes, I reviewed how to make a ban request and am familiar with gathering video evidence to back up reports. Thankfully, I haven't had to make one as the staff has been fairly responsive when it comes to messages on discord. That said, I see the merit in having an applicant employ the ban request thread to get a sense of their judgment skills. Regardless of the decision made on this application, thanks for providing me info on how this app could improve in the event I need to re-apply!
Q1: Player comes to you with a complaint that a frequent player on the server has been making sexual comments about them when they are not on. The comments have only been made via voice chat so there is no evidence in the relay, nor is the player able to provide any evidence other than word of mouth. What are your next steps?

Q2: Two regular players announce over and over in the chat that "Next Round is an Official RDM Round." It is late and the server is primarily populated by guests. By the end of the round, there are 4 RDM reports all filed on the guests. The guests write in their responses for there defense that they thought it was an RDM round. What do you do next - do you know who should be slain here?
(06-24-2021, 11:08 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: Q1: Player comes to you with a complaint that a frequent player on the server has been making sexual comments about them when they are not on. The comments have only been made via voice chat so there is no evidence in the relay, nor is the player able to provide any evidence other than word of mouth. What are your next steps?

Q2: Two regular players announce over and over in the chat that "Next Round is an Official RDM Round." It is late and the server is primarily populated by guests. By the end of the round, there are 4 RDM reports all filed on the guests. The guests write in their responses for there defense that they thought it was an RDM round. What do you do next - do you know who should be slain here?
A1: I would let the victim know privately that they have been heard, thank them for coming forward, and ensure that proper steps will be taken. I would likely inform a moderator/admin about the situation and give a detailed breakdown just like you've provided me and let the upper staff know my plan if they are unavailable to moderate. I'd issue a private warning to the accused. From there, I would actively listen to voice chat and record anytime the accused player was in the lobby. I would also spectate games and monitor the situation if the victim and perpetrator were in the lobby at the same time. 

Ultimately, there are a few different ways Q1 could be approached but I feel that my answer covers most bases. Dinkleberg's no tolerance for sexual harassment is what drew me to the community and I'd like to do my part to ensure that rule is held to its standard.

A2: Issue 1 slay to the RDMers who thought it was an "RDM round" and issue warnings + 1 slay to the two regulars who announced the RDM Round.

Thanks--
+1 I think you're more than ready to move forward. You've been a lot more active in the server and help out from time to time.
I'd like to be the first to say congrats, and welcome to the staff team! Your application has been ACCEPTED. No matter what your goals are I have great expectations of you and look forward to what you bring to the team. I would definitely focus on learning the forums and engaging in both it and the discord. Make sure to also pair up with one of our MODs to get proper training before you start staffing on server. If you need anything or have any questions always feel free to DM me on Discord.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]