Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why not
(06-27-2021, 12:01 AM)Here lies Eggroll's reputation. Wrote: Especially since I a am a minor and the dink discord is supposed to be a place for people of all ages, it was a uncomfortable for me and if you were to be come discord staff I would suggest that you put an end to the inappropriate topics.
This part is the most alarming thing for me considering the events of the past few months. Chill the fuck out with the NSFW stuff, especially towards the minors. That kinda shit can get the discord deleted in a heartbeat, and is one of the reasons we haven't had an NSFW channel since 2018.

Heavy -1 on this.
Discord moderators represent the ENTIRE community, unlike moderators of individual servers. I do not want my community to be represented by someone who does what people like Eggroll and Ryuji claim. Quickly searching what images you post I instantly find a gif of a hurricane jacking off the state of florida.. if you're going to post adult stuff at the very least have a punchline instead of just.. sending weird crap. Eugh. -1
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(06-30-2021, 04:40 PM)RopeGuy20 Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 10:15 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 12:01 AM)Here lies Eggroll's reputation. Wrote: Snip

snip
"fetlang" is easily found on github as a project that transcodes to c/c++ and is in the same kind of ball park as adult humor in kids shows, and to inappropriate ,guessing memes, showing via discord screenshare/other i honestly don't remember but all the memes on my computer although some... a lot are adult/nsfw, they are not explicit.
Yeah i call bs, here are some coding examples from the github , you sound like a total creep and I wouldn't even trust you around schools -1

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
(06-30-2021, 07:59 PM)Thayr Wrote:
(06-30-2021, 04:40 PM)RopeGuy20 Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 10:15 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 12:01 AM)Here lies Eggroll's reputation. Wrote: Snip

snip
"fetlang" is easily found on github as a project that transcodes to c/c++ and is in the same kind of ball park as adult humor in kids shows, and to inappropriate ,guessing memes, showing via discord screenshare/other i honestly don't remember but all the memes on my computer although some... a lot are adult/nsfw, they are not explicit.
Yeah i call bs, here are some coding examples from the github , you sound like a total creep and I wouldn't even trust you around schools -1
never used the code only ever saw the example on github from the dev on the README.md, so seeing that yeah totally agree its not.
[Image: Pixie-Kick.jpg]
Hi RopeGuy,
First, thank you for applying to join the discord staff team. It is nice to see folks applying to join our group, and I'm happy that you have prior experience that could potentially help us.

At this time, due to the issues regarding past behavior, the discord staff team has voted to decline your application at this time. However, I do want to address and clear up some misconceptions in this thread.

As of right now, our community is very sensitive to any issues involving potential sexual harassment due to recent events involving staff members. This does play a factor here - as we want to be sure that all of our potential staff members are properly vetted before joining the staff team. Sexual content such as the programming language discussed in the voice chat, as well as the skribbl.io sexual content, are my largest concerns as of right now. Since our discord does not currently restrict minors from any channels in the discord, we have a strict no NSFW/sexual content policy that covers our entire discord. As Laced said above, the discord could very easily be disbanded for sexual content being allowed, which is why we are so strict on enforcement of that policy.

That being said, when the incident eggroll was refering to happened back in Mid-April, you were in a voice chat with Eggroll and B0T in our main discord. From what I understand, you made an off-color joke about this fetish programming language in the presence of Eggroll, who at the time was legally considered a minor. However - from what you have stated and from what Eggroll has also stated to me, it is likely that you WERE NOT AWARE that he was underage. I stress this because while the exchange should not have happened, this is a significantly different situation from other situations that have occurred in recent weeks. This is exactly why we ban NSFW content however - because many of us don't like to share our ages, and as is the nature of gaming communities, many members of our community are under the age of 18.

At this time, I don't have any evidence to suggest that you had any malicious intention here. From what I can tell, this was not a malicious attempt by RopeGuy to engage in some form of sexual harassment with a minor - this was simply a poorly timed joke in front of a poorly chosen audience. However, I will pose the reminder - if anyone has evidence to the contrary, regarding RopeGuy or anybody else in the community, feel free to directly message myself or anyone on the admin team.

Later on, B0T took you into a private call to address the NSFW content that you had been posting to a large extent, as well as in voice calls. It is my understanding that the VAST MAJORITY of NSFW content produced by you has more or less halted since this talk occurred. When I performed a search through our main discord, since early May, I did not find any NSFW content at all, and very few posts of an edgy perspective - the worst being deadpool holding a lightsaber over his crotch.  And yes, I took nearly 3 hours out of my night to search all of RopeGuy's shitposts going back to early May to verify his change in conduct. B0T has clarified that he has seen dramatic improvement from your overall conduct since that discussion occurred in April.

So for the most part, you have actually been clean of NSFW content, more or less, for a month and a half. However, the ongoing sexual jokes in voice chats, especially when playing skribbl.io, needs to still be addressed. I would encourage you to continue working on keeping the jokes clean when enjoying the discord. I will note that nothing reagrding this conduct was ever reported to me - this is the first i'm hearing of any of this - and that he only has one past note in our system from a shitpost in #shitposting that contained a slur in mid-April.

The other issue brought up was regarding your activity. Based on my long and exhausive search through his posts - while I do note a bit of a gap in early June, I'd consider RopeGuy plenty active in our discord server at this time. This was not considered in the decision made.

Overall, you are very active, and from what i've seen with your interactions in the #ph chat, you are very helpful and well-qualified to be a staff member from the staffing side of things. Seeing as you have prior experience moderating a discord server, this does not come at much of a surprise. I'd strongly encourage you to work on the other aspect of staffing - setting that example. If you can show us that you are able to be that great example, then I could see you someday joining our team.

Based on the issues discussed above, the current community feedback, and the outcome of a discord staff vote, your application has been DENIED. You may reapply no earlier than August 1st, 2021.

Thank you very much for taking the time to apply for discord staff. I hope you will take the feedback provided here as a positive way to improve yourself, not as a negative blemish on your community status.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks