Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zombie Bunker possible prop ban.
I've opened this up today to push the idea of possibly banning the yellow chair on the map Zombie Bunker. The center and hit box make it possible to completely phase into the wall and it's honestly not a great idea to keep it with that kind of abuse possible. It's worse than the infamous blue chair.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
Yes, it can be abused just as many other props can. Props that come to mind, are the steel racks found on school and other maps, any sort of table or desk, security camera, vending machines, clothes piles, etc. However the biggest difference with this compared to the blue chair is that it is much more difficult to do.

Let me explain. Regulars would use the blue chair however would not go fully invisible or in the wall with it due to being called out. They could push the envelope easily and quickly swing back in and out per staff discretion and almost every map had the infamous blue chair. With the yellow chair you are speaking of, they are generally pretty obvious due to the size and shape of the chair. They are either illegal or not it is much more difficult to pixel hunt with the chair due to its angle and very short legs. It has not been nearly been an issue as the blue chair was if it had been an issue at all. The blue chair was a near daily, every map issue, while the yellow chair is only on a few maps. Due to its bulkiness, many users do not even use the prop menu to become said prop. Those who do, are pretty obviously legal or illegal seeing the select locations said prop could be used.

I do understand that it can be used illegally but it has not been at any higher rate compared to other props that are used. We have had to add or adjust rules in the past for the tryhards, and individuals that cut corners but I do not think it will become such an issue. Thank you for bringing it to our attention though so that we can keep an eye on it.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(06-27-2021, 07:20 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: Yes, it can be abused just as many other props can. Props that come to mind, are the steel racks found on school and other maps, any sort of table or desk, security camera, vending machines, clothes piles, etc. However the biggest difference with this compared to the blue chair is that it is much more difficult to do.

Let me explain. Regulars would use the blue chair however would not go fully invisible or in the wall with it due to being called out. They could push the envelope easily and quickly swing back in and out per staff discretion and almost every map had the infamous blue chair. With the yellow chair you are speaking of, they are generally pretty obvious due to the size and shape of the chair. They are either illegal or not it is much more difficult to pixel hunt with the chair due to its angle and very short legs. It has not been nearly been an issue as the blue chair was if it had been an issue at all. The blue chair was a near daily, every map issue, while the yellow chair is only on a few maps. Due to its bulkiness, many users do not even use the prop menu to become said prop. Those who do, are pretty obviously legal or illegal seeing the select locations said prop could be used.

I do understand that it can be used illegally but it has not been at any higher rate compared to other props that are used. We have had to add or adjust rules in the past for the tryhards, and individuals that cut corners but I do not think it will become such an issue. Thank you for bringing it to our attention though so that we can keep an eye on it.
Understandable. Just making it known rather than just sitting on it. Wasn't sure if this was known to many people on the staff. Thanks for the feedback.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]