Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Time for some change?
In game Name: [Pink] Pixie Soldier 
(Previously: Pixie Soldier, lilpixie88)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:68058106
Time Played: 877 hrs/5+weeks
When First Joined: 1st Jan 2019

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone):  I am in the GMT time zone. I am around the discord and forum at a variety of times through the day and evening. During the week I am usually on server in the evenings although I don’t get on every day to avoid getting burnt out. On the weekends I get on at different times but I jump on if I’m needed.

Rank Desired: Admin
Current Rank: Moderator

What can you do to help the community?: PH and Dink’s community in general has been through quite a lot over the past year. I’ve tried my best to help out where I can as a moderator. Given that I am on a very different time zone to Fish, it would mean that an Admin would be available more often and at different times of the day should a problem arise or a question need answered. Quite often I find myself and other staff messaging Fish asking for him to do something that I feel I am ready to do, which can be frustrating.

As for working with Fish, he and I mostly agree on the same outcome when discussing server related issues but will often approach it with quite different viewpoints. When we disagree we do so respectfully, and usually find common ground. Fish has done a great job on his own since Nuru resigned and has worked hard to keep things going. However, it's been very tough and I know it has taken its toll at times. 

As most of you know we have had some serious events within the PH community recently and our server has attacked repeatedly over the past few months. All of our staff have been working hard to eliminate the problem and try to limit the damage done. Simply put I could help out a lot faster and from anywhere with the rank of Admin which I cannot do with moderator rank. 

I think honesty and knowing when you are wrong are both very important attributes for a staff member to have, especially for upper staff. I always try to hold my hands up and apologise when I get it wrong. I also always try to be honest and have on many occasions have given an unpopular opinion when necessary. 

Why do you want to help the community?: I have been a part of the Dinkleberg community for over 2 and half years now, it has seen its fair share of changes in that time. I feel that the server has a lot more potential, we continue to have a full server for a lot of the day, every day. We have new players who come to the server daily. I want to make sure it’s a fun and inviting place to be, while keeping our regular player base active and excited to be part of the community.

I want to continue to help maintain the server but also add to it and improve things where I can. I already help out with testing maps and new content, I want to do more of this to help keep the server fresh. 

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): Only a joke ban from Star

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): See below
Moderator:https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=12415
T-Mod:https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=10609
Trusted:https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=9458

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? Yes I use ShareX

How did you find us?: Played GMod many many years ago and when I came back my old server was gone, spotted Dinks on the list, just tried it out and I’ve been here ever since.

Other: I realise that many people (mostly ones who have been around for a long time) are not keen on admin being a role you apply for. However with Dink being really busy and unable to get to know some of the upper staff this gives him a bit of an insight into how the community sees that person and how they would be received should they get the rank.

I have already spoken to Dink and Fish but we would like to get some community input too. Thanks for taking the time to read the thread.
[Image: unknown.jpg]
This all began a few months ago when I messaged Pixie about the probability of having the role in the future. I selected her because she has quite a bit of experience as a moderator already. She is also willing to communicate about subjects while being respectful to the community. She has also gone the extra mile on more than one occasion without anyone telling or suggesting her to do so. Another reason I wanted her as another PH admin is that I knew she did not want the role or was not trying to become one in the future.

Her very different time zone that she mentioned would also be very helpful with the likelihood of an admin being available increased greatly. This is important to the issues that have been around the server for quite some time now. Having another admin around means that more time could be dedicated to extra items like player models, other items in the shop, more focus on maps, and other server issues. Yes, community members and other staff can help in this area but having someone else that can pull up the menu to actually add the item or adjust things properly is entirely different than how the other community members can help. She also seems to get along with the majority if not all of the staff team and regulars on the server.

Best of luck to you Pixie.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
Pixie is one of those players that actually cares about this community, and wants it to be the best it can be. She is consistently active on server, forums, and discord. On server, Pixie is calm cool and collected when dealing with mic spam, ghosting, and other forms of PH fuckery. She gathers evidence when needed, and has a couple of ban requests under her belt already. This is a no-brainer +1.
^^ This is my response to her trusted application, and it still rings true today. Although she might have a few more than a couple ban requests now.
[Image: ban_2.png]
[Image: aug_kick_2.png]
PH has gone quite a while without two admins and I know from experience that being the sole admin takes a toll. 

+1 from me. While this is solely Dink's decision, and not the communities, I'm sure he'll appreciate the feedback. I would reach out to Dink directly if you are truly interested.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I personally support Pixie becoming admin. I decided it would be best if she posted the app just so I could gather input from others who likely spend a good deal more time conversing/playing with her. Any and all input here is appreciated!
I can definitely echo the sentiment from Nicol about the sole admin experience. I previously was the sole admin for PH in two separate instances before Traitor and Nuru, respectively, joined me. While it might sound easier to make a decision on your own, I think having a second voice in the decision-making process can help immensely to potentially bring in a different perspective. In addition, it helps to just have someone else with the ability to fix in-server and off-server issues that might arise - broken pointshop points, fixing ranks, IP bans, trouble on the forums and Discord (less of an issue now), etc.

I can definitely see how the six hour time difference between you and Fish could come in handy too. Admins need sleep too, so it would be great to have someone that will be awake in times while the other might be asleep.

I like the idea of admin applications as it gives us the opportunity to evaluate why a person is applying for the position and what they might be able to bring to the table. I think that Pixie has put forth a convincing application here.

I have immense respect for Fish and his endorsement here is definitely quite compelling. I like the idea that Pixie was not “gunning” for the position of admin either. The only cause for concern with that is if the position turns out not to be the right fit - it would be very unfortunate for the admin experience to turn Pixie away from staffing altogether, causing the loss of not only an admin, but a great moderator as well.

My experience with Pixie on the server itself is fairly limited. That being said, I have seen her in action in our respective staff Discords, showing an active and very capable moderator. Fish’s endorsement here certainly pushes Pixie’s candidacy over the edge in my opinion.

Best of luck!
I personally have a desire to have another PH admin on the team, partially to round things out, partially to help fish with ongoing issues so he doesn't go insane. I think that pixie fits the role, while I don't personally know her well I tend to keep tabs on PH just to see how everyone is doing. This also includes watching how they act staffing wise, from my observations Pixie would be a great fit for the admin role and while she may not fully know or be trained in what being admin means, I have no doubts that she would adjust into the role.

Genuinely speaking, once you become an admin, everyone will hold you to a higher regard. My advice if you are given the rank would be to expect that change. Not saying you should closely monitor every single thing you say but know that even a one off sentence that comes off as out of character may make an issue worse. I definitely learned that the hard way this past week. Another piece of advice is try to step out of situations and look at them as objectively as possible. Much like our fellow staff we have to try and remain as unbiased as possible. There may be times were you will need to step into an issue with close friends involved, be prepared to make those hard decisions.

With that all said, you have my support in your bid for a higher rank and I wish you the best with whatever outcome may arise from this application. I look forward to whatever future you carve yourself out for here at dinks. Good luck Pixie.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
I've been expecting this. 

I can say with full confidence that this is not only a needed addition to PH but also a Welcome addition to PH. 

Everyone else has said majority of what I wanted to say, therefore I will keep my response simple. 

+1 
Are you kidding me.

FINALLY.

Pixie is honestly the best person to work along side Fish as admin, she is far more capable than I think she believes. Pixie us always open and honest with everything and she is such a valuable member of the team. I've gone to her on many occasions when I've needed some extra guidance and a second opinion. I love and admire how she acts as a mod and know for a fact she will be an excellent admin. Pixie will always have my full support.

This is a huge +1, and a massive positive gain for the PH community and the admin team.

Best of luck my lil pix
Go away
Ugh you know I hate these, but just for you I will suck it up and +1 because you deserve this!! I wish you the best
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers