Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Report about Travis on PH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHpL5FwOa2Q
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
(07-01-2021, 10:30 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: For the "90 second" thing, I couldn't find anything written down anywhere that said there was a limit of 90 seconds for gagging the whole server. Interestingly there actually wasn't any guidance for when gagging the whole server in the staff guidelines or anywhere else I looked. Maybe some guidance could be added sometime.

Typical rule of thumb, that is also tried to make clear with staff, is that less is more. You only use gag * in situations of mass mic spam. This generally happens around the map change where you cannot always tell who is mic spamming anyways, multiple people speaking/arguing/yelling at once, multiple speaking inappropriately at once (racism, extreme toxic trolling, too sexually, etc.), or if the staff cannot tell who all is doing the mass mic spam so they do it for everyone to calm down.

Since people do not use gag all often, we try to keep the usage short if at all. On a few occasions that I have been able to find in the discord are generally gag * lasts under a minute in most cases. I have not been able to find a strict time limit given anywhere either. 4 minutes does seem a bit long but as I previously said, Travis has the video so we will see what truly happened. Making assumptions without complete evidence is getting no where good at this point in time.

I see the 90 second thing now which should be more so under the staff guidelines section, however that is for toxic trolling, so if there was a mix of other things going on, that particular item can be ignored. It is a guideline, not something set in stone.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
So. The reason I gagged your buddy Xain(and ironically I didn't clip this part because I'm stupid) because I had just gotten done warning people about being overall dickheads and making conversation they shouldn't be making inappropriate conversation and to just chill out. He then decided to ask why a kid is on Garry's Mod and I told him that a kid can play and if he doesn't want to hear them, then he can mute them on his end. He then proceeded to say "Travis I'll kiss you on the mouth" which in that moment was me interpreting him to tell me that he's gonna ignore what I say and he'll do what he wants. So I gagged him. You then asked why and I told you that it wasn't your business and if you didn't like what I was doing you can make an abuse report. You didn't need to know why anyone was gagged, even your friend. I'm willing to accept if I'm wrong here if Fish decides that I was wrong but I used my staff discretion in the moment to make that decision

As for the map gags, about 4 people started to mic spam "BOO" in to the VC, causing me to do a warning gag all. I gave the warning that everyone needed to chill and that we can play the game. After about 40 seconds I ungagged everyone. Then the VC was spammed once again by the same 4-5 people. Yes I probably could've gone through and gagged them individually but at that moment, with all of the mic spam causing me a sensory overload, I couldn't handle the sounds myself so I proceeded to gag all for about 4 minutes. I used my discretion to do this because I had already given out a warning to the server about it so I moved forward with our protocols of mic spam, which is a round gag. You can see that I did leave it after round 5 had ended but that'd be because it was not even a 2 minute round. And conisdering the round gag all started at about 1:01 of Round 4, I deemed it necessary to leave it for bit longer. 

Edit: There's nothing in the video after 2:45 but I left it all there so I could show the length of gag.

https://youtu.be/sVhA8CuNLYE
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
(07-01-2021, 10:30 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: For the "90 second" thing, I couldn't find anything written down anywhere that said there was a limit of 90 seconds for gagging the whole server. Interestingly there actually wasn't any guidance for when gagging the whole server in the staff guidelines or anywhere else I looked. Maybe some guidance could be added sometime.
it's in the rules in the motd dude

(07-01-2021, 10:42 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: So. The reason I gagged your buddy Xain(and ironically I didn't clip this part because I'm stupid) because I had just gotten done warning people about being overall dickheads and making conversation they shouldn't be making inappropriate conversation and to just chill out. He then decided to ask why a kid is on Garry's Mod and I told him that a kid can play and if he doesn't want to hear them, then he can mute them on his end. He then proceeded to say "Travis I'll kiss you on the mouth" which in that moment was me interpreting him to tell me that he's gonna ignore what I say and he'll do what he wants. So I gagged him. You then asked why and I told you that it wasn't your business and if you didn't like what I was doing you can make an abuse report. You didn't need to know why anyone was gagged, even your friend. I'm willing to accept if I'm wrong here if Fish decides that I was wrong but I used my staff discretion in the moment to make that decision

As for the map gags, about 4 people started to mic spam "BOO" in to the VC, causing me to do a warning gag all. I gave the warning that everyone needed to chill and that we can play the game. After about 40 seconds I ungagged everyone. Then the VC was spammed once again by the same 4-5 people. Yes I probably could've gone through and gagged them individually but at that moment, with all of the mic spam causing me a sensory overload, I couldn't handle the sounds myself so I proceeded to gag all for about 4 minutes. I used my discretion to do this because I had already given out a warning to the server about it so I moved forward with our protocols of mic spam, which is a round gag. You can see that I did leave it after round 5 had ended but that'd be because it was not even a 2 minute round. And conisdering the round gag all started at about 1:01 of Round 4, I deemed it necessary to leave it for bit longer. 

Edit: There's nothing in the video after 2:45 but I left it all there so I could show the length of gag.

https://youtu.be/sVhA8CuNLYE

I was asking about the mute because he didn't do anything in the chat
He decided to make an off color joke that was related to the topic that I had warned for that I don't have clipped. Considering the first question I had asked to me when I joined the server was "What is your opinion on gay people?" When I told everyone to drop that and move forward.
(07-01-2021, 10:40 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote:

Travis has the video so we will see what truly happened. 
His video didn't show what I was complaining about
(07-01-2021, 10:49 PM)Reina Wrote: His video didn't show what I was complaining about
0:47
Just for clarification, this post is mainly about his abuse of power by gagging me for pointing out that he gagged people for too long. not about the map gag itself.
This entire video just shows you and a bunch of other people gaslighting Travis all at once and wondering why he gagged and muted the whole server. I'm normally AGAINST gagging the whole server under ANY circumstance, but this takes the cake..

And here you are in an abuse report on his ass even MORE after spending 3 minutes in game pestering him, quite rudely might I add, about him muting someone else on the server. There is such thing as asking politely.. and theres no obligation for him to actually tell you.

Travis did the right thing here, -1
This is why I gagged you. In our rules, staff have final say of disputes. I told you to move on once about something and you proceeded to argue later about something else.

I'd like to note that I did not know about that 90 second rule but I used my discretion to determine that length of time due to protocol being a warning and then a round gag. So I'll take blame on that.