Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foot in the door, maybe something more?
In game Name: Ryzif. (Creebs in the beginning.) This change is inspired due to the loss of my name on another platform.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:142037383

Time Played: As of this post my current time is about 290 hours. (Oh boy.) 

When First Joined: March 6th, 2021. This is the information listed on GT under my original name "Creebs"

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): I'm located in CT and my availability is unfortunately a little everywhere right now. Most of my time is very early morning or late nights. I generally have been playing off and on during the day.

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor/Regular 

What can you do to help the community?: I've spent a gracious amount of time in this server. I've noticed that one of the hard walls I hit whenever trying to gather evidence for potential spooky ghosts is the spectator restricted to staff rule. I feel like it would benefit everyone who I play with if I could properly gather evidence and put the baddies away with the real perspective. I have a desire to help out my community and try to maintain a positive and fun environment. I enjoy a nice environment devoid of the trolls and like to keep it that way to the best of my abilities. If I could move up and have a more beneficial impact deemed from what comes with the title of Trusted then I could do a better job of maintaining the server I truly enjoy. I would love to work with staff in coming up with better solutions in the future for a healthier community. 

Why do you want to help the community?: My main motivation and driving force as I might have stated above is to keep the server as peaceful as possible. I prefer to have friendly chats while goofing around at times but find that time to be rudely disrupted fairly often. There's not a lot I can do as a donor but to hold a position on the staff would make a difference in my ability to maintain the fun times. My main aim is to be able to make a difference in the server that's positive and enjoyable to all those who log on everyday.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): Absolutely not.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): Never.

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? My current program that I use for recording is OBS streamlabs. I'm trying to make a habit of having it always open and ready with my hotkeys. I'm looking into ways for screenshots that are easy to edit.

How did you find us?: I found Dinkleberg through blind luck when my friend Haxune and I were searching after I had gotten my new computer. (Use to play a little a few years ago.) I like how things are done around here and enjoy the community and the friends that I have made. They've made a very large impact on my life considering I'm more keep to my self in public life. Normally I'm a quiet individual. I do appreciate any critique on any of the experiences you guys have had with me. I take messing up very personally and would like to improve on what I can. I'm not even truly sure that any Trusted are needed at the time being and if not apologies in advance.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
Been pushing for this for awhile now. Would make great use of the assets Trusted gain. Definetly knows the rules, and does the right procedures to enforce them through donor ways.

+1
 Uh oh, all errors!
Hey an app I can comment on. Every time I've played in the past month the you've been on. You make playing fun, while keeping trolls calmed down, and you help with ghosty ghosts. I always see you pop something into admin chat if staff is on about certain players and you have some ban requests. I think you just need to work on being slightlyore assertive but again this is trusted and I see no issues from my small encounters of you getting it.
Also ur fun to harass

Again this is only a handful of encounters I've had but they're all been pleasent and left a good impression.
+1 for support for Ryzif. In my short time on the server Ryzif has been active, friendly, and helpful. I would love to see him become staff and believe it would benefit the server because his contributions would be invaluable.
DISCLAIMER: My intention here is to educate not to attack. Keep that in mind. 

What can you do to help the community?: I've spent a gracious amount of time in this server. I've noticed that one of the hard walls I hit whenever trying to gather evidence for potential spooky ghosts is the spectator restricted to staff rule. I feel like it would benefit everyone who I play with if I could properly gather evidence and put the baddies away with the real perspective
This statement bothers me on so many levels. As staff it is fairly rare to use Spectator to catch ghosts/hackers or rule violators, if you go back to the ban request section you will find that for staff majority of the time the violators are caught without even using the Spectator (Staff only) ability. IF you can't catch the violators normally, using that function will be pointless. When staff jump into spectator 9/10 times the people calm down because they realize that they're being watched. Jumping into Spectator is a big red flag for people. I jump into on occasion if I'm first joining the server and know there's another staff member, so that I can go on the opposite team of them (staff balance). 

I have a desire to help out my community and try to maintain a positive and fun environment. I enjoy a nice environment devoid of the trolls and like to keep it that way to the best of my abilities.
How do you intend to do this? It sounds nice an all but where is the action side of this? The question is What can you do, which restated as What are you going to do to help the community? 

If I could move up and have a more beneficial impact deemed from what comes with the title of Trusted then I could do a better job of maintaining the server I truly enjoy.
The difference between Trusted and donor (commands) is being able to teleport people and check their friends. Being Trusted does not instantly gain you some respect/ability to control the server, if anything the trolling gets worse.  You will constantly be attacked for being staff, not because you're a bad person but because you are the upholder of the rules; and lots of people have a problem with authority.

I would love to work with staff in coming up with better solutions in the future for a healthier community. 
You don't have to be a staff member for this, the forums are open to suggestions. Feel free to post your ideas. 

Why do you want to help the community?: My main motivation and driving force as I might have stated above is to keep the server as peaceful as possible. I prefer to have friendly chats while goofing around at times but find that time to be rudely disrupted fairly often.
Welcome to Gmod. It doesn't ever really stop, you just get small breaks in-between. 

There's not a lot I can do as a donor but to hold a position on the staff would make a difference in my ability to maintain the fun times. 
It's a mentality things, not a position thing. I've known several people who had the ability to get the server under control and they were not staff nor did they ever become staff. You can hold whatever position in staff you like but it's about your mentality not your position. 

My main aim is to be able to make a difference in the server that's positive and enjoyable to all those who log on everyday.
You can do this as a normal player, you don't have to be staff to make this happen. 

Before I cast my vote, I would like you Ryzif to answer these questions as Yes or No and explain your answer:

> Do you feel that you handle criticism well? 

>  Are you able to see another persons point of view without getting confrontational? 

> Are you willing to ask questions when you need help or don't understand something?

> Are you able to handle the fact that no one is above the rules to include: friends, staff, and Dinkleberg himself? (Meaning that you understand you will be giving appropriate punishments IAW PH Rules/Staff Guidelines regardless of the repercussions that follow)
(07-06-2021, 09:20 AM)The Triangle Wrote: DISCLAIMER: My intention here is to educate not to attack. Keep that in mind. 

What can you do to help the community?: I've spent a gracious amount of time in this server. I've noticed that one of the hard walls I hit whenever trying to gather evidence for potential spooky ghosts is the spectator restricted to staff rule. I feel like it would benefit everyone who I play with if I could properly gather evidence and put the baddies away with the real perspective
This statement bothers me on so many levels. As staff it is fairly rare to use Spectator to catch ghosts/hackers or rule violators, if you go back to the ban request section you will find that for staff majority of the time the violators are caught without even using the Spectator (Staff only) ability. IF you can't catch the violators normally, using that function will be pointless. When staff jump into spectator 9/10 times the people calm down because they realize that they're being watched. Jumping into Spectator is a big red flag for people. I jump into on occasion if I'm first joining the server and know there's another staff member, so that I can go on the opposite team of them (staff balance). 

I have a desire to help out my community and try to maintain a positive and fun environment. I enjoy a nice environment devoid of the trolls and like to keep it that way to the best of my abilities.
How do you intend to do this? It sounds nice an all but where is the action side of this? The question is What can you do, which restated as What are you going to do to help the community? 

If I could move up and have a more beneficial impact deemed from what comes with the title of Trusted then I could do a better job of maintaining the server I truly enjoy.
The difference between Trusted and donor (commands) is being able to teleport people and check their friends. Being Trusted does not instantly gain you some respect/ability to control the server, if anything the trolling gets worse.  You will constantly be attacked for being staff, not because you're a bad person but because you are the upholder of the rules; and lots of people have a problem with authority.

I would love to work with staff in coming up with better solutions in the future for a healthier community. 
You don't have to be a staff member for this, the forums are open to suggestions. Feel free to post your ideas. 

Why do you want to help the community?: My main motivation and driving force as I might have stated above is to keep the server as peaceful as possible. I prefer to have friendly chats while goofing around at times but find that time to be rudely disrupted fairly often.
Welcome to Gmod. It doesn't ever really stop, you just get small breaks in-between. 

There's not a lot I can do as a donor but to hold a position on the staff would make a difference in my ability to maintain the fun times. 
It's a mentality things, not a position thing. I've known several people who had the ability to get the server under control and they were not staff nor did they ever become staff. You can hold whatever position in staff you like but it's about your mentality not your position. 

My main aim is to be able to make a difference in the server that's positive and enjoyable to all those who log on everyday.
You can do this as a normal player, you don't have to be staff to make this happen. 

Before I cast my vote, I would like you Ryzif to answer these questions as Yes or No and explain your answer:

>  Are you able to see another persons point of view without getting confrontational? 

> Are you willing to ask questions when you need help or don't understand something?

> Are you able to handle the fact that no one is above the rules to include: friends, staff, and Dinkleberg himself? (Meaning that you understand you will be giving appropriate punishments IAW PH Rules/Staff Guidelines regardless of the repercussions that follow)

First off, thank you for posting this well thought out reply to my application. This is exactly what I hoped for when posting. 
Before I address the later questions, I do understand that I didn't make myself incredibly clear with the starting post for my application. It did lack a lot of key points when answering the questions. Part of this was I was really tired at the time and it gave me anxiety. My statement for the first question wasn't great. I can understand why that bothers you because I have the same view on it. They tend to try and stop when someone enters the lobby with any authority in the server. Only the baddest of the bad will keep firing off. My intention was to explain something that I probably couldn't do a good job of. The rank of Trusted vs. Donor isn't a massively different role besides a few key powers. I just enjoy helping out the community whenever I can while trying to give everyone fair warning when going to extremes that violate our rules. The spectator really isn't all that fantastic as a tool if you don't start there. Especially if the spooky ghosts have eyes. 

You're also spot on for the difference in roles. In reality some times it might be better to stay donor but I simply am trying. I see the opinions for staff all the time within the discord and in game. Although there are plenty of people who resent the idea simply because no one likes to be told what to do. I still think it's a better role in the later. Regardless of how people think of anyone as long as they're doing ok and not going to insanely far.

I do understand the breaks. I know that we get pacts of trolls daily and that they disrupt the server to the best of their ability, I simply want to help where I can in making sure to stop it before it goes too far. It will always go to far as far as rules are concerned before intervening but hopefully keep it as a non lasting ordeal.

Considering the mentality thing vs, staff and position you mentioned I do believe that is true. I simply am not great at explaining unfortunately. Sometimes my brain likes to spin like a top and I can't grasp at the words I mean to express. 

"Do you feel that you handle criticism well?" 
I like to think yes, I believe if someone has a fair point about me then it's something that I can work on and improve upon. I don't generally see the negative qualities that I possess and like to have it shown for the simple fact that I simply didn't think about it. Does it give me anxiety? Yeah. I feel like anyone who cares about the words of their peers and community members would find it anxiety ridden to hear negative thoughts. 

"Are you able to handle another persons point of view without getting confrontational?"
It's my personal belief that everyone has a right to what they believe in. The way they see us is a burden for their fun and I can understand that and respect the opinion. There are some things that go way beyond what is necessary I believe such as against basic guidelines and rules in the server. I like to see their POV such as in fights and arguments because I can for the most part get why they're getting rowdy in the first place. Conflict is bread with difference in idealogy. If someone doesn't like how I'm doing things for example that is perfectly fine. I will simply do what I can.

"Are you willing to ask questions when you need help or don't understand something?"
Absolutely! I enjoy the assistance especially in stressful subjects or things I don't understand. It's really a need to learn for the most part. For example, I was trying to fix my OBS for recording possible evidence and I had Lucas help me out. (Still appreciate BTW!) I still am asking questions from time to time if I can't wrap my head around something especially. If I'm struggling with something I would rather have help then sit there and scratch my head. It's easier to move forward with a helping hand. Such as I try to offer to the community, especially with new players trying the game out for the first time. Everyone needs help regardless of experience. 

"Are you able to handle the fact that no one is above the rules to include: friends, staff, and Dinkleberg himself(Meaning that you understand you will be giving appropriate punishments IAW PH Rules/Staff Guidelines regardless of the repercussions that follow)"

Of course, that is a no brainer. If there is a time that I go against regulations within the server then I absolutely encourage someone to speak to me about it. Everyone is human in this matter and I'm sure to make mistakes. I don't like making them and feel personally responsible naturally but I know I will make them. I have no intention of being staff while being above everyone else and standing above the rules. That's simply not fair and not right. You aren't supposed to be worse off with any control of a situation, you're supposed to be better. The idea is to be better and do better. 
Thank you for your response Ryzif. 

+1 

I believe Ryzif has good qualities that will benefit the staff team and community.  Recognizing that we all can grow/learn is important in life.
(07-06-2021, 10:43 AM)The Triangle Wrote: Thank you for your response Ryzif. 

+1 

I believe Ryzif has good qualities that will benefit the staff team and community.  Recognizing that we all can grow/learn is important in life.
Thank you for your vote of confidence. I appreciate you hitting on those points. A big part of this app is seeing what I can do better and work on.
DISCLAIMER: My intention here is to educate not to attack. Keep that in mind. 

“What can you do to help the community?: I've spent a gracious amount of time in this server. I've noticed that one of the hard walls I hit whenever trying to gather evidence for potential spooky ghosts is the spectator restricted to staff rule. I feel like it would benefit everyone who I play with if I could properly gather evidence and put the baddies away with the real perspective.”

“I have a desire to help out my community and try to maintain a positive and fun environment. I enjoy a nice environment devoid of the trolls and like to keep it that way to the best of my abilities.”

“If I could move up and have a more beneficial impact deemed from what comes with the title of Trusted then I could do a better job of maintaining the server I truly enjoy.”

“I would love to work with staff in coming up with better solutions in the future for a healthier community.”

“Why do you want to help the community?: My main motivation and driving force as I might have stated above is to keep the server as peaceful as possible. I prefer to have friendly chats while goofing around at times but find that time to be rudely disrupted fairly often.”

Welcome to Gmod. It doesn't ever really stop, you just get small breaks in-between.

“There's not a lot I can do as a donor but to hold a position on the staff would make a difference in my ability to maintain the fun times.”

“My main aim is to be able to make a difference in the server that's positive and enjoyable to all those who log on everyday.”

——————

> Are you able to see another persons point of view without getting confrontational? 

> Are you able to handle the fact that no one is above the rules to include: friends, staff, and Dinkleberg himself? (Meaning that you understand you will be giving appropriate punishments IAW PH Rules/Staff Guidelines regardless of the repercussions that follow)

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
A “fixed” version of Voss’ post

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon