Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shiny Quartz
Discord Name: QuartzGlow 

Discord ID: QuartzGlow#0420, 194920359730872321

When First Joined(Estimate): Oct 2020

What is your age: 26
What rank are you applying for (Helper or Moderator): Moderator

What can you do to help the Discord community: I think that I am capable of helping the discord remain a fun and safe place for our community.  I know the commands of the bots and love being helpful, deescalating situations, and meeting all the members of our community.  I'd like to think I've been helping by letting the mods or admin know about situations that may need a ban or something similar.  I am not afraid to learn and ask questions.  I also feel that I can remain level headed and look at situations from the outside and keep personal opinions out of it and do what is best for the situation at hand.    

Why you want to help the Discord community:  After becoming prop hunt staff, I wanted to become even more involved with our community by joining Discord staff.  I feel that after being discord staff for a while I want to be able to do even more to keep our server a safe and fun place.        

Other:  Even if this is denied, I want to learn more and take your constructive opinions and improve.  I hope that you feel I have made a difference or at least have helped.  Thank you for reading.
Former Discord Moderator and Prop Hunt Trusted 2021
+1 i think u would make a good addition to moderator team.As far as I've seen she does a great job on the discord.
Hi A,

I'm sure you have very little clue to who I am or why I am taking the time out of my day to make this post. Regardless, it's irrelevant. I would like to speak to you and ask some questions that are on my mind at this very moment. I will say that I haven't been able to see you in action in the discord directly, but I've seen some of the messages from quick glances and I would say you have formality down from a quick glance. I'm sure someone can go into detail more if they disagree with this statement, but again I have little knowledge on how you directly handle situations. I'd like to take a different approach from that and speak about the information available to me. Please know this is not an attack on you personally but a constructive criticism, and I hope that you can read it that way.

Quote:After becoming prop hunt staff, I wanted to become even more involved with our community by joining Discord staff.  I feel that after being discord staff for a while I want to be able to do even more to keep our server a safe and fun place.

These two statements concern me as a player that has been watching for a while. I've been recently on/off active over the past month or so, and I've been doing my best to help staff catch rule breakers. One thing that most players do is make use of the "on-call' function that was provided to us as players in the discord. While hanging around, I got invited to another discord server randomly that had quite a few of our players/staff (Server and Discord). In that time I used it to monitor how exactly others were handling themselves outside of the server that had responsibilities to the server. I get that people have life's, and people get burnt out easier when duty comes into the picture, but roles that require application knowing responsibility comes with it have an obligation to help when others cannot. I have used "on-call" multiple times to see a few staff members in another discord continue their game/ect and ignore their duties. At one point, I joined the discord channel from the other said discord with two staff members and asked if they could help me with a hacker on the server, one person was silent and another said they were to busy playing COD, at that point all that could be done is evidence gathering and a ban request. (All other staff members were offline or unreachable that I had direct contact with in the past.)

With this in mind, I'd like to provide some evidence from the screenshot below. Your current playtime shows a small amount of activity that could be directly linked to "on-call" events being smaller sessions. Maps are normally 30-40 minutes each, and your average session is roughly 51 minutes. But, your last direct "on-call" response was on 5/11/2021. With two responses to someone in discord about already being on the server (Because players never notice the obvious things..)

Gametracker Information

So my questions are simple but yet complex.
Have you lost the love for PropHunt staffing and found new love in Discord Staffing, and why do you think you feel this way if so?
Why do you deserve the chance for more responsibilities when it comes at the cost of other responsibilities?
Do you feel like you could juggle more responsibilities if given the chance to increase activity on another?

Disclaimer, most of my friends say that I am blunt when it comes to things. If you don't believe me, drop a message in PH Staff chat. I do not mean to come off an asshole or a dick when I stated what I have, I hope all goes well with the rest of your application but as of this moment I cannot support giving you more responsibilities in Dinklebergs Community. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope that you can clear some things up with the questions I have asked above.
(07-07-2021, 12:17 AM)[black]Darkkran Wrote: -snip-

Okay first I'm going to say that this is a Discord app.  Not a Prop Hunt app.  Second, this statement "I have used "on-call" multiple times to see a few staff members in another discord continue their game/ect and ignore their duties."  This is a volunteer position.  I have a life outside of Gmod PH.  I can't respond to every staff ping and just because your "on-call" shows I'm online doesn't mean I can respond to the ping.  No staff member can respond to each ping.  This sounds like an issue that needs to be brought up to the correct people and not on my staff app.  
Also, I still get on Prop Hunt and staff the discord, but my time can't be split up 50/50 because well as stated before... I have a life outside the internet.  We all have a give and take.  
I still love staffing prop hunt but I want to do more to help on the Discord at the moment.  Hell, I was just on there tonight.  If you'd like to give me feedback on the Discord and how things have been handled by me there, I welcome your response.  Thank you. 
I think you blew past darkkrans point here. Your response also shows slight immaturity. The two go hand in hand, discord and ph. Staff no matter WHERE should show responsibility, a drive to be around, etc.
We all are aware this is a volunteer thing, discord and ph. PH is brought up because he feels you shrug things off there sounds like, and wants to know how that will be different once you get mod on discord. Will discord be shrugged off as well?
Are you capable of handling more responsibility? You blew past that question and its very important as mod is more of exactly that.
I've gotten to play with you one time. That's it. But my one Experience you were not focused to anything in game, so how can I be sure your focus will be there for discord?

Actions in one place speaks on how they will be in other places. So this is why Ph is brought up.
The few tines I've seen you help on discord have been good and you handle things Properly for the most part.
Ilk cast a vote after a response to my questions.
(07-07-2021, 01:53 AM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: I think you blew past darkkrans point here. Your response also shows slight immaturity. The two go hand in hand, discord and ph. Staff no matter WHERE should show responsibility, a drive to be around, etc.
We all are aware this is a volunteer thing, discord and ph. PH is brought up because he feels you shrug things off there sounds like, and wants to know how that will be different once you get mod on discord. Will discord be shrugged off as well?
Are you capable of handling more responsibility? You blew past that question and its very important as mod is more of exactly that.
I've gotten to play with you one time. That's it. But my one Experience you were not focused to anything in game, so how can I be sure your focus will be there for discord?

Actions in one place speaks on how they will be in other places. So this is why Ph is brought up.
The few tines I've seen you help on discord have been good and you handle things Properly for the most part.
Ilk cast a vote after a response to my questions.
I apologise if my response was seen as immature.  I absolutely have a drive to staff, otherwise I wouldn't give so much of my time.  I honestly want to be here.  I try give the best I can in regards to responsibility for the servers.  I am on the Discord almost 25/8.  I try my best to get on the PH server and by no means shrug it off, and I honestly apologise if it's been seen that way.  It may seem like I'm on the Discord more because it is more accessible in terms of being on the go and mobile.  Maybe my talents are better served in the Discord server so that's why I am applying for Mod there and not PH.  At the moment in terms of more responsibility, I want more.  I feel that my powers are somewhat limited as a Helper and therefore I'd like to help more with Moderator duties.
When it comes to when we played together, I'm not really sure what you mean by focus not on game.  If I was doing something wrong, I am more than happy to hear your criticism and apply that to my staffing.  I can say that I am still learning, as Trusted is a stepping stone to higher ranks, but you know that.  My focus absolutely is able to be on both, and both can be part of what I do on the daily, and they are.  I am willing and able to handle more, both in terms of mental acuity, and time.    
Lastly, thank you for your response, it means alot that you want to spend your time helping me improve.  So thank you.
Having the PH On Call Staff role has always been an optional role. Heck, I have not had it for over a year and have been in a VC in a discord multiple times with you with other staff that have ignored the ping because we were playing games or doing something else. This is not to say that staff who go out of their way to ignore the server when it is in trouble should get promoted elsewhere but your own screenshot shows that she is active in PH, including more active than me at the moment. She may have also responded to an On call without posting a comment as well.

I know on multiple occasions she gets on the server during the late night when you know things are crazy and I can see that she is one of the more active discord staff members when it comes to staffing the discord. Literally the two other people who use more commands as discord staff more than her are B0t and Jammin and those guys practically live there.

I overall do not see much issue with her becoming discord mod, they are never different from each other.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
+1 your response this time was much better and I think you get the gyst of what was meant. I think you can handle the responsibilities of mod on discord. Being Open to criticism is one of the biggest needed traits a mod needs.

Good luck with the ass hats :')
What was your driving factor in applying for Discord Moderator?

What is your game plan for keeping the Discord "fun and safe"? 

What part of being PH staff gave you the desire to be more involved in the Community?

Are you more of a lenient person or a strict person? (Which is your more dominant?)
(07-07-2021, 09:47 AM)The Triangle Wrote: What was your driving factor in applying for Discord Moderator?

What is your game plan for keeping the Discord "fun and safe"? 

What part of being PH staff gave you the desire to be more involved in the Community?

Are you more of a lenient person or a strict person? (Which is your more dominant?)

To answer your questions:
1.  One of the driving factors or reasons that I am applying is because I want to be able to do more to help out.  I'd like to help out the server where they need assistance. I find myself routinely reporting issues to the staff like Jammin, b0t or Noire and believe that I would
 be able to assist these issues more directly.  I want to be able to respond immediately to issues with solutions that are currently outside my realm of power.
2.  A plan I'd say I have is to make use of what our server already has.  Using the Trust and Safety features, using channels to host events, making sure that things that could tarnish our community are culled.  I don't have problems spotting situations and diffusing them.
3.  I feel this community has changed me in a positive way.  I felt like becoming staff on the discord would make it so that others can also have that light shed on them thru me.  I want all people to be able to join the Discord and have fun, just like PH and how we make sure cheaters don't ruin the fun.  I want to do the same thing in the Discord by adhering to our rules.
4.  When it comes to being strict and lenient,  there are certain things that do not fly, and I'm sure most of the team would agree.  Serious issues.  But when it comes to joking around, being silly, or anything like that I believe in taking a more friendly approach.  I don't want to create animosity when sometimes it's already there.  Viewing a situation objectively is very important.  I'd like to decrease any friction with staff during these situations.  

Overall, I believe working together and sharing ideas between both staff and non-staff will be pivotal to keeping the server a great place.
Thanks for your questions!