Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foot in the door, maybe something more?
(07-07-2021, 03:11 PM)Agent Barton Wrote: As things stand at the moment, I don't feel like you are ready to join the staff team. I do see potential with the way you act on server and handle yourself in difficult situations, but I do think there are things you could improve on.

My biggest concern is overstepping. There have been multiple occasions where there have been staff members on server (myself included) and you gag/mute/act on handling situations like we aren't there. As a staff member you have to learn how work with other people and delegate things between whoever is on.

Additionally, I still see you calling out ghosters/hackers in chat. You've been here long enough to know that this accomplishes nothing, and if you became a staff member this is a huuuge no no.

The fact that I still see you doing these two things gives me concern.

My final concern is something Voss touched on above. I know you have a good few friends in the community, which I'm glad for because it's great to see everyone having fun. But as a staff member you have to be able to apply the rules to everyone, even your friends. Do you feel you could ban one of your friends if necessary?

People also treat you differently with the staff member title, and I always think that's something to consider before embarking on this adventure.

Like I said, I do see potential but right now I wouldn't be confident in seeing you with the staff tag. Hope you prove me wrong one day though! - 1 for now.
 Thank you for your input and concerns. I have definitely made mistakes concerning letting staff do their thing and can understand that. I mean I even did it today without considering Pixie in game. Sometimes it is just something I act on without considering the other members already being ready. It's of course something I need to work on. 

As far as the spooky ghosts I do my best to reframe from calling them out. Most of my chats regarding them goes on in whispers and steam chat out of the public lobby although I have slipped a number of times. Specifically with one person in general that is a repeat offender.

I do understand that staff is seen different and mostly not positive in the over all grand scheme of the lobby. Concerning rules that is. I would be sad if at some point reaching a high enough position and presented with evidence for bans, to ban a friend or someone I enjoy playing with. However, as far as the server goes. This is a community with rules that must go into effect. It goes for everyone. Myself and my friends 100% included. 

All of this being said I still do appreciate your input in the app. It's good to hear the controversial side and work on them. I will try to do a better job of this going forward regardless of any answer I may receive.

(07-07-2021, 03:34 PM)MissPauling Wrote: Hey nerd

I'm a little unsure of how to vote at the current moment. I agree with both Voss and Barton on this, especially the calling out ghosters in chat and overstepping.

While we appreciate members of the community wanting to help, there is a huge difference between being helpful and being a bigger pain. Unfortunately overstepping and calling out people in chat is a pain.

Your pals. They are gonna try to get information from you, they are gonna wanna know who was kicked, why, who's been banned, why, etc. Trust me when I say that's the most annoying part of being coming staff. With that being said, there are things we as staff must keep private, and I am wondering if you are someone we can trust on the staff team to keep certain information private (given recent events, please understand my trust issues).

Your pals 2.0. you're gonna have to be okay with dishing out a punishment to them if they need it. You're gonna have to be okay with telling them to stop trolling/mic spamming/using illegal spots, etc. Are you ready and willing to do that? Because it does suck.

I think you're on the right track, but I just want to see a little bit more.
Oh hai.

So I did happen to touch on dealing with friends in the community in my previous post but I will absolutely try to touch on it in reference to your concerns.

As far as information goes, such as what is going on between staff members and punishments going on in the community, there isn't anything I should directly speak about unless it's covered in the forums. There are some subjects that I would of course speak to the team prior to talking about it such as confidential or plans for the future but I do understand that you wouldn't want anything you've worked at for keeping a secret to well, not be a secret. 
Punishments with friends.. I mean that's pretty straight forward. They're not excluded to the rules, no one is. I believe I covered a bit of this but maybe not. I will let them know and warn them and simply go by standard rules/protocol. It will suck but life sucks unfortunately. Many things suck. If it happens to go too far and I will hopefully be able to deescalate. I will just be ready to do what I must that fits where I am.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
One last bump until a decision is made.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
Hi Ryzif!
thanks for applying.
Welp i didnt want to vote before now because i didnt really have much ph time with you. But today that changed. I have to agree with everyone here on what has been said and your responses are mature and well thought out.
I always warn people about being staff and having lots of friends on server, after playing with you today i think you will have to really work on keeping that separation, but i think you can do it.

I think being trusted would be good for you, as it is just an entry level of staffing. you will learn so much more and be able to see what its like from the staff side.
Accepted or not keep working on bettering yourself.
+1
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.

He's always polite when I play and always helpful.

I've never seen him cause any problems in the time we've played.

I have no doubt that he will be a good staff member+1
This staff application is accepted. Welcome to the staff team.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army