Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
!!!
Name: Jax
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1628392
Previous rank: PH Admin
Reason for resignation: School had me too busy
Why you want to unresign: We’ll if we consider there exists parallel universes where every possibility is conceived, then by that logic there exists a universe where I was previously a PH admin and I resigned. Therefore, I would like to cash in on that, and unresign now
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(07-14-2021, 06:24 PM)NotRand Wrote: I did just have a different thought on the matter, actually. I don't generally care, honestly, but I can find it to be a negative if someone is just let back in on a whim, because that usually doesn't really address the reason they left in the first place. Massive amounts of burnout/going inactive for months/whatever can make it hard to view that person as even wanting to be there, and though it may not affect their staffing, it can easily put staffing decisions they make put under scrutiny. Certain people will unresign, and get instantly just as jaded as they had been previously. Some will tout there years of experience and "thousands of bad people they've banned" or whatever verbiage, then turn around and tell everyone who will listen that they like to not do any work at all, and prove that pretty effectively until pressured to actually do something. There are points where people should just stay gone for longer, and restart their steps, because from what I've seen of some of the people that come back, by the time they would traditionally be back to Mod+ from the bottom, they're just back to being more or less inactive again, or just jaded to the whole staffing thing. Should hold them to higher standards than new people, not lower, in that regard.

Yes, becoming jaded or just tired is why I stepped down to moderator temporarily but needing to supposedly unresign is why I came back. (I was never demoted on server and I asked a majority of the staff before stepping back up to PH Admin.) With everything that has happened since I came back, I saw myself becoming jaded again so have been taking another break this time without stepping down. I was ignoring things like mic spam or other things that seemed insignificant compared to other things that had just recently happened.

That seems to be a good point on why having different people with different ranks is important. Different priorities and needs with different abilities and viewpoints. I do question bringing certain people back that may want to come back because them being a moderator or some other rank in the past, does not mean they would be a good moderator now. That would be something for the upper staff to figure out or for the community to discuss depending on the individual.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
Friendly admin reminder to not shitpost/start fights thank
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]