Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please punish model exploiters
I'm going to leave this ban request open for the admins to officially decide action, as I feel it gets into an area of rule interpretation beyond what a moderator should handle.

That being said it's probably best to take conversation about the rule itself HERE and only post additional evidence or thoughts on punishment specific to HONG's ban request on Benny.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Player models are meant to be strictly aesthetic. 

When individuals find - and abuse - exploits in them like Benny Bologna, it is ultimately staffs responsibility to make a decision between policing users and making sure they don’t do it, or removing the cause of the issue. Regulars and staff have acknowledged Benny for exploiting player models for a good amount of time now. 

At this point, I consider what Benny has been doing to be intentional exploiting while purposefully gaining an unfair advantage against others. In fact, I believe the one of the coolest skins recently added, Spaceman, was removed largely to Benny exploiting it. I believe that some type of punishment should be in order and the availability of certain player models should be up to admins discretion. 

Staff can either keep a watchful eye with the help of players while using Ban Requests to deal with issues that arise in further intentional exploitation OR the player models that can be exploited should be removed immediately which may adversely affect how player models are maintained/added to the server in the future.

Whatever decision is made should set a precedent.
-1 on the ban.

Just get rid of the models.
If it’s a single model that’s one thing to look into and remove. Anything actually broken, and no I don’t mean whatever person 3246 claims is broken, should be fixed or removed where possible yet when it’s the same person going out of their way to break mechanics and models then the common issue really isn’t the model anymore.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I agree with most people that there must be some of punishment. We've seen this problem being abused with the spaceman and now that it was removed, we are seeing with the Chloe model. People, especially Benny, know what they are doing. I understand it takes some time to get these things removed or fixed, but it's also easy to put punishments on people exploiting them in the mean time. Obviously it's a server problem for putting this model on the server, but to full on abuse it is another thing.

Even if they do remove the model, what is there to say they won't find another model to exploit? I think it is just easier to make a new rule here or have this fall in the rule of exploitation.
It's fair to say that regardless of the potential fix coming to this model / crouch jumping, the model should be temporarily disabled for now. If the fix works/arrives, reenable it.
(07-16-2021, 01:11 PM)lazy Wrote: It's fair to say that regardless of the potential fix coming to this model / crouch jumping, the model should be temporarily disabled for now. If the fix works/arrives, reenable it.
i would love to see where and how theres a "potential fix" models just go brr and its hard to make models not go brr the this situation.
At
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
bump

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
Pls do punish, even with this thread open he just keeps doing it just now on the server.
That's screaming it's intentional intentional
(07-18-2021, 05:02 PM)Doc. Vi Wrote: Pls do punish, even with this thread open he just keeps doing it just now on the server.
That's screaming it's intentional intentional
I mean there hasn't been a conclusion to this thread yet regarding what'll happen to him, and we've known from the beginning that you can't accidentally do this, so I'm not sure what that changes.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]