Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please punish model exploiters
Offender's Name:
Benny Bologna
Offender's SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:10683546
Potential Witnesses:
Most active players, and most if not all active staff (as I've spoken to several, who have warned him for it in the past)
Reason to Ban(/punish):
Repeatedly exploiting broken models' hitboxes
Proof:
https://youtu.be/1icMhHmWP48

Please note this "ban request" really isn't so much to actually get Benny banned, but moreso to spark conversation and draw attention to the issue at the very least; several staff I've spoken to have recommended I make this for that reason. Despite how much it affects and disrupts gameplay, staff have been extremely carefree in actually punishing for abusing broken playermodels, so hopefully this thread will be harder to ignore. The proof shown is also just what I can find in the span of a few minutes-- if needed, I'm sure I can find more proof with a more thorough search. 

Please just stop ignoring exploiters disrupting gameplay. While removing the playermodels themselves is still a good thing to do, people who intentionally and maliciously try to exploit them shouldn't just get off scot-free, as they did when spaceman was still a thing. I'm fully prepared for the bottom tier "uhmm you're just bad and cant aim good" troll "argument."
hi if we're going to take something like flying around the map with the grappling hook seriously and label it an exploit (not to mention that guy who got banned for breaking his hitbox with that crouch jump nonsense) this should also be taken seriously and actually punished in the very very near future
That does look really annoying. I agree that it's a problem that could be dealt with case-by-case with punishments, but I think it should be fixed by just replacing the model with something else instead of just saying "no don't do that, very naughty". You should probably also get Benny to test the player models.

Also wtf he looks like a fucking SCP or rabid animal here
just atleast give a warning not a full fledged ban i like playing with benny but when he uses a broken playermodel full knowingly how annoying and busted it is it's pretty clear the intention
> posts a ban request on Benny 
“ Please note this "ban request" really isn't so much to actually get Benny banned”

what did he mean by this?
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(07-15-2021, 07:25 PM)jax Wrote: > posts a ban request on Benny 
“ Please note this "ban request" really isn't so much to actually get Benny banned”

its still a ban request with intention for some form of punishment but thats not its primary goal
(07-15-2021, 07:27 PM)HONG Wrote:

its still a ban request with intention for some form of punishment but thats not its primary goal
It’s not really punishable since it’s not even considered against the rules to begin with. You’re better off bringing attention to the problem via a separate thread, like lazy did, rather than trying to get someone banned. You’re right, the model is broken, but I don’t see how getting Benny banned will solve anything. If your primary goal is to rectify the problem, then make a thread about the primary problem. Ban requests are for ban requests, not discussions on player models
[Image: xdjlve.png]
benny's my friend, for a long time, but I'm kind of sick of this kind of nonchalant flaunting of rulebreaking. +1 but not ban

There isn't anywhere else to post something like this that isn't already flooded with cluttered responses because it was made as a thread instead of a subcategory (cough cough).
(07-15-2021, 07:30 PM)jax Wrote:
(07-15-2021, 07:27 PM)HONG Wrote:

It’s not really punishable since it’s not even considered against the rules to begin with. You’re better off bringing attention to the problem via a separate thread, like lazy did, rather than trying to get someone banned. You’re right, the model is broken, but I don’t see how getting Benny banned will solve anything. If your primary goal is to rectify the problem, then make a thread about the primary problem. Ban requests are for ban requests, not discussions on player models
it could absolutely be considered a form of exploiting (breaking rule 5), and staff in the past have said that its against the rules, its just that nothing is done about it
this is still an actual ban request in every sense where evidence of rules being broke are presented
i do however agree with you that fixing the problem involves more than just punishing those exploiting