Offender's Name: 

Noire

Offender's SteamID: 

STEAM_0:0:59816946

What Server(s):

Dinkleberg's TTT | Fast Downloads! | Staff Needed

Offender's Rank: 

What They Did: 

Marked my report as "Finished", no reason ascribed to why.
Refusal to look further into the matter despite the moderator not being present when it happened.

When They Did It: 

Between 5:21 - 5:36 PM EST
(Though the events they took action upon took place 5:12 - 5:21 PM EST)

Potential Witnesses: 

@autumn @MiniMe2001 @Shiny @"mocha" @A0 

Proof: 

*Note*
To see the full logs, I recommend the directory below:
2021 -> July -> 19 -> 17h -> ttt_6thway_v14 | Round: 4

Other:

I was a proven innocent via map tester. I was shot at by a Traitor. I participated in helping kill a Traitor. I was killed by the Detective for standing near the Un-ID'd that same traitor killed just seconds before. I did not fight back against the Detective.
By all given circumstances, this is a clear-cut accidental RDM. Even the logs tell us as much. Just an !aslay and move on.
My issue is that Noire went across two maps without any explanation for why he marked the report as "Finished", and his parting words to me were "Take it to the forums" if I didn't like it.
This isn't the right kind of conduct I'd expect from staff of the server. Even if you aren't well equipped to answer every report with 100% accuracy, MiniMe was there for the entire duration of the event. They had access to Death Scenes. They could see the console's chat logs for other players saying I was proven. Things I tried to explain in Admin chat and !p chat, but Noire ignored me. It's ridiculous that rather than be a tad more thorough or ask a member of their team to assist in the conclusion of the report, I'm referred to these forums to refute his decision. This process was made unnecessarily long and rather insulting.

I would ask for a strike on this matter. Nothing as important as removal.
-1 Noire didn't do anything wrong. Walking over/being near an unid body, regardless of previous actions (which are only verifiable by you), is considered KOSable. the rules (shown below), also point that it's up to staff discretion to determine whether this is RDM. See below. [Image: dUPS7Bf.png]

Also, it's just one RDM. Not even a malicious RDM where someone is hacking or just wants to piss you off. It looks like the round ended pretty much immediately after too. This is like basically nothing, shouldn't be a topic over it.
You said that the map had already passed when the report was marked as finished. You can't really view death scenes from the previous map on a new map. If the other staff member had been on at the time of the report, that would have been their job to clear the reports from the map they were on.

This seems like a tricky situation where I could see an argument made for both sides. Looks like Noire had more limited information than is ideal, however, for coming to a conclusion of a slayable RDM. In my time as a Moderator, I would not slay if I wasn't certain. Better to not punish rather than to administer the wrong/false punishment.

I always find it a little ridiculous when people come to whine about a single RDM on the forums, but I suppose there is some need to ensure staff accountability.
(07-19-2021, 06:39 PM)lazy Wrote: -1 Noire didn't do anything wrong. Walking over/being near an unid body, regardless of previous actions (which are only verifiable by you), is considered KOSable. the rules (shown below), also point that it's up to staff discretion to determine whether this is RDM. See below. [Image: dUPS7Bf.png]

Also, it's just one RDM. Not even a malicious RDM where someone is hacking or just wants to piss you off. It looks like the round ended pretty much immediately after too. This is like basically nothing, shouldn't be a topic over it.

Timestamps are included as well as a full directory to the logs. Match ended two and a half minutes after these events. Timestamps also include where the firefight began -- and within mere seconds of one another, I was shot for being near the body that the T had just killed. Also please remember this a case against staff mismanagement, not the severity of the player's kill count.

(07-19-2021, 06:46 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: You said that the map had already passed when the report was marked as finished.

To clear this up, they joined about a round or two after the fact and marked the report "Finished" on the same map. They had time to look at the death scene, but even then the logs alone give us enough information.
Thank you for making my first-ever abuse report! However, let's start dissecting this situation and shed a bit more light on the subject from my point of view. Oh, and I don't have any screenshots of the situation because I had no idea I needed to document slays/reports.

"Marked my report as "Finished", no reason ascribed to why." 
I told you why while you were alive through csay twice after you repeatedly asked in admin chat why he would not be slain. Then you started to PM me and I responded to you as to why I wasn't going to slay him, your response to the situation was something like 'you can't cover for your buddy like that.'

As for the situation itself, I got on the server and saw that there was an unfinished report from the same map. I watched the death scene and weighed the options and decided to not slay him. I was not on during the round that the report happened but I was on for the map, so I could view the death scene. I feel like next time you should try to ID the body rather than running towards the detective, away from the unID'd.

"My issue is that Noire went across two maps without any explanation for why he marked the report as "Finished".... " 
I told you why I didn't slay him through csay on the same map, 67th way. Then later 3-5 rounds later I told you that I was not going to slay him on the map that we can see in the screenshots.

"This process was made unnecessarily long and rather insulting."
This is a lot for a slay, but, at least it proves I'm active.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
honestly? it's just not that deep, literally took you longer to come complain on forums about dying one time and it allegedly not being investigated than it would have taken to play a whole round of the game, like

it's not that deep, it's one death, shit happens, 100% -1 for a strike, sometimes a reason doesn't get into the reports, it happens
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(07-19-2021, 07:04 PM)Noire Wrote: Thank you for making my first-ever abuse report! However, let's start dissecting this situation and shed a bit more light on the subject from my point of view. Oh, and I don't have any screenshots of the situation because I had no idea I needed to document slays/reports.

"Marked my report as "Finished", no reason ascribed to why." 
I told you why while you were alive through csay twice after you repeatedly asked in admin chat why he would not be slain. Then you started to PM me and I responded to you as to why I wasn't going to slay him, your response to the situation was something like 'you can't cover for your buddy like that.'

As for the situation itself, I got on the server and saw that there was an unfinished report from the same map. I watched the death scene and weighed the options and decided to not slay him. I was not on during the round that the report happened but I was on for the map, so I could view the death scene. I feel like next time you should try to ID the body rather than running towards the detective, away from the unID'd.

"My issue is that Noire went across two maps without any explanation for why he marked the report as "Finished".... " 
I told you why I didn't slay him through csay on the same map, 67th way. Then later 3-5 rounds later I told you that I was not going to slay him on the map that we can see in the screenshots.

"This process was made unnecessarily long and rather insulting."
This is a lot for a slay, but, at least it proves I'm active.

I don't recall a back and forth. I wouldn't make a baseless claim. The extent of my back and forth was with MiniMe2001 who had told me that they weren't responsible for marking the report as "Finished" and it was your ruling.

Like earlier, you still aren't factoring the logs with their timestamps.

And if you're going to hazard me against walking in the direction of the detective and not ID'ing the UnID'd, you can also mention the part that the direction I ran in was a bee-line for the body of the person we just killed. Not the Detective. (Though I guess both sides of this are just "he said she said".)

I've presented all the information I have. I've called upon my witnesses. And I agree, this is a lot to go through for a verdict that would originally result in a single slay.
I'm only here because saying "Take it to the forums" was easier than looking more into my report.
-1 not a big enough deal to administer a strike. Sometimes mods don't have the tools to look deeply into a report.
Time for the weekly novel?

I don't think a possible mishandling of a single slay is worthy of a strike. Perhaps a correction of certain aspects but not a strike.

It appears the slay decision was correct based on the evidence presented. Without video of the deathscene, purely on logs if you ran towards the detective instead of IDing the body it is possible the detective's kill was legitimate. Good staff members only slay when a slayable offense is proven clearly. Here, without a deathscene for us to look at, I wouldn't have slain either.
Deathscene here is a he said she said situation. But know that deathscenes give a good 3rd person view, while the victim only has a fixed fps while in the act of being killed.

That being said, what Rin is implying in terms of the alleged rdm does sound plausible, and if a deathscene ever becomes available my opinion could change.

Regarding the aftermath, I do think a conclusion should always be set. It helps document your efforts to the victim to explain why no action was taken. That being said, the back-and-forth is a pure he-said, she-said. Noire, knowing the possibility of an abuse report was looming, declined to document his chat log. You, in making the rdm report, also failed to fully document your chat log, only providing the final conversation. Either of you could have copied/pasted the entire chat log/taken screenshots from the incident until the final chat log shown here. Instead, we are stuck in an unprovable he said she said situation.

The burden of full proof is on the reporter, and I don't feel this burden is met under any adequate standard. We do have witnessed, bur they can't see psay. Unless either of you recorded video, I think we are unable to proceed.

If Noire really ignored you and only sent the one post you indicate here, that may be strike worthy. Unless he was dealing with other drama/hackers/ddos/etc, which Noire admits he wasn't, Noire should have responded to your concerns. The issue is that he is claiming he did. You don't have any proof he didn't (aka video/SS's of the entire chat log from incident time to end). Without proof an abuse report can't proceed.

All we have proof of is Noire not setting a conclusion, as he should have done - that proof is by confession. This offense alone is not strike worthy, if anything just remind worthy. No sufficient proof for mishandling of RDM report/rule logic, no proof of ignoring player concerns.

-1 strike
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
-1 for a strike, everything thats needed to be said has been said
as jammin said, this is remind worthy, at best; at worst, it's from a lack of thicker skin
these things, they happen