Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffering the shotguns
Overall in the TTT gun meta, I feel like the shotguns ( the reg, locomotive, and pump). Are completely useless and unviable to use compared to other guns due to their piss poor range compared to other weapons in the game mode. In order to balance the game, I suggest we up the range of the shotgun to encourage different playstyles within the game. This simple change would make the game  funner to play.
this just in: buffing the shotgun into a long range knife
In fairness, shotguns are incredibly difficult to balance due to the limitations of a game as old as GMod. That being said, +1 for a very very slight spread buff to Pump, if not all shotguns, as it's spread is simply too random to ever be consistent, or moreover, useful in any way. I think it should be handled delicately, though, for reasons aforementioned. Ideally, I'd say buff it a little at a time, until it feels good, but we'll see if that's possible.
If done poorly, shotguns can very easily become busted and obnoxious to fight, or underpowered and limp.
Agreed with buffing the OG shotty, and the loco. But not to the point where they are Overpowering. Let me do some testing as see what ideas we can come up with
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
The shotguns are probably the most balanced weapon class right now and considering how hard it is to buff them without making them overpowered I currently have no plans on modifying them.
I kinda like them as is, they have their place as a weapon for when you're docking dicks with others but people are so ingrained to use them at a long distance that they just feel shitty lol
(07-24-2021, 06:32 PM)KaptainLes Wrote: Agreed with buffing the OG shotty, and the loco. But not to the point where they are Overpowering. Let me do some testing as see what ideas we can come up with
Default shotty is probably the best of the three. I think the most problematic is the pump, since it’s in between default’s consistency, and locomotives close range-one shots, but can do neither very well.
Agree, any modification to the shotguns can make them way too OP way too quickly.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
At first changing the spread seems like a great idea, but the more you think about it, It should stay an idea. Shotguns could be OP as balls with the tiniest updates to it.