Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curiosity Killed The Cat
Ingame Name: RopeGuy20

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:65158895

Time Played: approximately 283 hours (between two names)

When First Joined: Nov 25, 2020

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): It varies depending on my work schedule but usually M-F after work (about 1800-1900 EST, not every day but a few to a couple times a week depends on how busy the day was) and various times on the weekends.

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community?: Ive been on several times where staff are busy when i have pinged and had to just record evidence and map gag after a map gag, since i play closer to peak/weird times when other staff can be busy with other things i could handle the situation better than i can currently. since i am a donor i have experience with the gags and mutes already and the rules that result in those punishments. (clarification on staff not being on a lot: i see two staff members regularly when i play, ryzif and alora and ive helped both with gathering evidence or in cases of they have to step away for a minute)

Why do you want to help the community?: When i have played most of the time lately (since i returned playing after a couple months break) i have started to play at different hours then i used to and noticed not as much staff when i play now and pings sometimes work but others don't i have recorded for proof and done round and map gags for those people and most times it stops other times it doesn't. i enjoy a fun community where chat, VC and regular, arent spammed and toxic due to slurs. i want the server to be just as inviting as it was when i first joined.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): N/A

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): Discord Helper

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? I already record videos by maps (about 45 minute videos unedited) via OBS

How did you find us?: I wanted to start playing Gmod prop hunt again and when i returned the server i used to play on didn't exist so i tried this one out and it was a lot of fun and decided to stay.

Other: Just to clarify the few month hiatus was due to me getting a job and being extremely worn out after work, i have gotten used to the amount of work and have been playing again. i know with prior staff applications ive read people can get concerned with balancing daily life and playing on the server, this is why i waited a bit before putting this out there to find a balance that works for me.
[Image: Pixie-Kick.jpg]
(08-02-2021, 07:11 PM)RopeGuy20 Wrote: What can you do to help the community?: Ive been on several times where staff are busy when i have pinged and had to just record evidence and map gag after a map gag, since i play closer to peak/weird times when other staff can be busy with other things i could handle the situation better than i can currently. since i am a donor i have experience with the gags and mutes already and the rules that result in those punishments. (clarification on staff not being on a lot: i see two staff members regularly when i play, ryzif and alora and ive helped both with gathering evidence or in cases of they have to step away for a minute)

±0, I mentioned something similar on discord but I'll ask this here. What else can you do to help? Everyone says this in their application and this problem still hasn't been fixed. What can you do as staff that you don't already do as a donator?

Edit: I could be misunderstanding things but based on the post the responses below me are referencing, Rope made an off-colored joke in the presence of a minor without realizing he was a minor and posted NSFW things in the discord. Stop implying he is a predator, it is absolutely out of pocket and an awful look for staff members to be saying these things to a community member, ESPECIALLY ADMINS. He would have been banned if this was an issue, so stop making it out to be some kind of malicious attack on his part.
(08-02-2021, 07:39 PM)Reina Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 07:11 PM)RopeGuy20 Wrote: What can you do to help the community?: Ive been on several times where staff are busy when i have pinged and had to just record evidence and map gag after a map gag, since i play closer to peak/weird times when other staff can be busy with other things i could handle the situation better than i can currently. since i am a donor i have experience with the gags and mutes already and the rules that result in those punishments. (clarification on staff not being on a lot: i see two staff members regularly when i play, ryzif and alora and ive helped both with gathering evidence or in cases of they have to step away for a minute)

±0, I mentioned something similar on discord but I'll ask this here. What else can you do to help? Everyone says this in their application and this problem still hasn't been fixed. What can you do as staff that you don't already do as a donator?
Actually handle ghosting with the forceswap, handle teamswitchers who don't switch back from warning, as well as deal with people who don't fix themselves from being in an illegal spot and continue what i do with the gags and mutes of people and possibly other things if trusted have access to more that i don't know about already.
Make fun of me all you want for saying this, but a staff position puts people into a position of power. As such, we need to be very careful as to who we allow into the staff team. Staff members need to be people that players can count on - whether that just be pulling someone out of an illegal spot or something more serious, like reporting harassment. That means trust is key.

I do not trust you.

The disaster that was your Discord staff application around five weeks ago revealed a few things to me that disqualify you from any position of power or trust in our community.
-You have proven yourself to be immature. You claim to be 20, yet you apparently have disrupted several activities through your use of inappropriate words and images.
-You are a creep. Again, you have left people uncomfortable through your decision to push conversations into inappropriate topics and using inappropriate words.
-You are a liability. You have descended into NSFW topics in our own Discord and even did so when a minor was in one of those conversations. It doesn't matter whether you knew there was a minor present or not. If you are going to have those conversations, you need to ensure that everyone in a room is a consenting adult and that it is not happening in our Discord. Considering our past problems, this alone should disqualify you from staffing any of our servers.
Please don't take it offensive,But I still don't trust you since your last applicationIt's been 1 month since you applied for  helper  and  I don't think you've learned anything on ur helper application.What  I read in Discord   you just post a gif on text channels or  its just a shit post, a meme.

To be honest I still don't trust you,you almost didn't say anything in your last application.You're still sharing weird GIFs .

Why should we trust you ?
(08-02-2021, 07:54 PM)Norm Minder Wrote: Please don't take it offensive,But I still don't trust you since your last applicationIt's been 1 month since you applied for  helper  and  I don't think you've learned anything on ur helper application.What  I read in Discord   you just post a gif on text channels or  its just a shit post, a meme.

To be honest I still don't trust you,you almost didn't say anything in your last application.You're still sharing weird GIFs .

Why should we trust you ?
I would just like to point out that the last thing on my helper app was clarification that the issue was handled by BOT iKillYou a while back and i know i havent really been on with you or nicky to see that it was a one and fixed issue as well as the discord server was a very different place and was confusing when i first joined, their were rules that weren't upheld and i am careful with all my memes and jokes on the server to the point where i question other peoples posts and ask why they are fine. The people who see me regularly on the server know that their is nothing related to that kind of stuff said or talked about on the server and i warn people about rule 14 and tell them to take a look at rule 14 since i memorized which rule it is.
+0,

The whole discord helper app you made is really weird. I don't know if I can trust you since I am a minor in the community. Show me how you've changed and I'll 100% support you.
TTT Staff | Mod Blush  9/15/21 - 11/12/21, 10/28/22 - 3/16/2023, 11/9/2023 -

Never Forget

TV GIRL

[Image: 4wmnJmh.jpg]
(08-02-2021, 08:19 PM)Damien Wrote: +0,

The whole discord helper app you made is really weird. I don't know if I can trust you since I am a minor in the community. Show me how you've changed and I'll 100% support you.
Id say i can upload 200+ GB of raw video footage that i have of gameplay in the server but that would take days to do and would just be a pain, so i don't really know how to prove it besides saying the conduct in the discord is not anything like how it was when i first joined and buried somewhere in the shitposting channel is me questioning someone's meme they posted and asking why its okay.
I would like to respond to some of the comments made around this application.
This situation got blown up way out of proportion.
As RopeGuy said, he made one inappropriate comment around me and some others not knowing that there was someone underage in the room. I pulled RopeGuy aside for this and discussed it with him. He did not know that there was a minor in the chat and it was not directed to anyone at all. After that discussion, which was 5-6 months ago (I don't remember exactly but I can go back and look), I have not heard of a single instance at all of RopeGuy repeating his mistake at all. 
I am not sure why this got blown way out of proportion.

+1  Going to change my vote to no vote since I haven't been on the server recently.
RopeGuy has been even been helping out around. He understands the rules and I think he has good potential at least from my prospective. This is what I have seen in general. I understand that haven't been on server but he is very active from what I see from his gametracker and being around RopeGuy in Discord. I wanted to clear the water on that situation. This might be different on server but I am just stating what happened and responding with the facts in case this application hinges on that situation for some reason.
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]
±0 from my own time interacting with you.

if we ping we need help on the server cus people are causing issues. you typically try to run in to help us get a hold of it. there's been a lot of times where its just been us as donators online handling some not so nice situations. and I'm all for how active and on-call you are.

as your friend, and as someone who has read your discord helper app. I do not vote yay or nay, simply because; I'm biased in the end.

HOWEVER
I want to note; people can change, people do change. we've all made a mistake at points, and we've all either bounced back or didn't. RopeGuy since I've known him has proved to be very friendly and helpful. He's someone I can enjoy speaking to; and although he can get carried away with conversations or actions, I'm sure most of us can. His past actions; which he's come to terms with, and cleared up; shouldn't be something to weigh him down again, because now they're been blown up and misunderstood numerous times.
#1 fofab & duke hater  simp
[Image: PijgKQR.png]