Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demote Inactive Staff
Back in 2018, The Admins demoted all the staff who had been inactive for a long period of time. I honestly think this should be done again to return to a clean slate, as most have no intentions on returning at all. This most likely would not include tmods, as it may be unknown if their rank was bought or not.

This post sum up the idea: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=3785

I'm wondering people's thoughts on this.
former admin2
Many-a Staff is inactive, let's make room for more staff members!!!
+1 I swear to god I better not have to explain the extremely basic logic of "if you don't want to play the game you shouldn't be staff for that game"
(07-30-2021, 04:53 PM)Forg Tits Wrote: Back in 2018, The Admins demoted all the staff who had been inactive for a long period of time. I honestly think this should be done again to return to a clean slate, as most have no intentions on returning at all. This most likely would not include tmods, as it may be unknown if their rank was bought or not.

This post sum up the idea: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=3785

I'm wondering people's thoughts on this.
This will again probably have to rely on dink to do this. It’s his server so he can choose who he wants to demote or whatever. But if you want my opinion on it people who have been inactive for a very, very long time should be demoted tbh. But again that falls onto dinks and it’s his choice in the end.
There's people who are staff and haven't played since the second Obama administration.
There's no point in being a staff member if you're not going to play the game.Your own life requires your own attention.

Who do not play this game for a long time should be demoted.
Yeah, there are staff that still have their role from before i was staff. When i was staff we had a staff member come back after a year or two of inactivity just to go on a kicking spree, kicking everyone that joined. it was great.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
Imagine having staff after 5+ years of inactivity. Wish it worked that way for work. Not show up for a few years and still keep my job.

1+ :)
We should, at some point, address the people that bought staff, too. (Addressing Buying Staff in the Community?)

We hold people that resigned and want to come back very very soon after resigning to a higher standard than people who never actually because staff by community involvement coming out of inactivity after years and years and still having roles, as well as other inactive staff. It just isn't really right, imo
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Just throwing in my two cents since the TTT staff may have their own method of doing this. How I have approached demoting inactive staff in the past is I check everything Dink's related like Discord, forums, and gametracker to see if they have been active in anything staff related for the server. This does put a stretch on several individuals barely hanging on to their staff rank, but not fully gone from the community.

This has gotten rid of staff that were trusted or test moderators who got the rank and then disappeared, unlike TTT, there has not been a reason to demote a moderator due to complete inactivity or disappearance.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army