drtzfhy
Ingame Name: Laced Xanax, dapl aarle at time of ban

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:61988625

Who Banned You: nicky

Reason For Ban: Ban for racism/use of slurs. 4 warns in the past month, plus a previous 1 day ban for slur use.

Length of Ban: 1 week

Reason for Admins to Unban: I humbly acknowledge my wrongdoings and I wish to play sometime before next Friday. (Also, the last time I can recall actually using a slur was two days before this ban, when I called stoked the f word after he challenged me to. My previous 1 day ban for this was over a year ago, and that day I was banned alongside sal after we said a bad word one too many times.) I believe a week ban is a bit too harsh of a punishment for using a gamer word, especially when used in a comedic sense as I have done a few times. 

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): [Image: T7fBzEj.png] at least 3/4 of these are joke bans from my tenure as a staff member

Other: was out of town for the past two days, only reason i'm appealing now as opposed to when it happened
4 warns in the past month sounds like it’s been a building issue

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I'll go ahead and post the reasoning that justifies my ban.

The screenshots below illustrate that you have had 12 previous warns for racism and the use of slurs. The screenshots also show that, as my ban reason states, you have had 4 warns for racism/use of slurs within the past month.

[Image: unknown.png?width=906&height=676]
[Image: unknown.png?width=905&height=676]
[Image: unknown.png]

You have previously been banned for use of slurs for one day by our esteemed former admin, Nicol. 

[Image: unknown.png?width=956&height=676]

In accordance with our staff guidelines, the next punishment for slur use after a one day ban is a 3-7 day ban. Keeping in mind that you have already been given several warnings after your previous one-day ban for slurs/racism, I decided that the 7 day ban would be the most appropriate, even though it was actually a little light of a punishment in my mind.

Keep in mind that you have previously been banned a number of times for actually legitimate reasons, which are hidden amongst the joke bans.

You have two bans for RDM and Leave x1. You have previously been permanently banned for Mass RDM. You were also banned for Teaming for 2 weeks. Considering the previous permanent ban, I would consider the 1-week ban that was administered by me to be quite generous.

+1 I don't think laced has ever been malicious at all on the server. Maybe he's joking around a bit too much at times with his use of language... to say the least, but he is a community stalwart and fun to be around
(08-01-2021, 12:32 PM)Rich Kids on LSD Wrote: +1 I don't think laced has ever been malicious at all on the server. Maybe he's joking around a bit too much at times with his use of language... to say the least, but he is a community stalwart and fun to be around

I don't think blaring racist songs and using slurs is something "fun." It is offensive and can turn away players from the server. A "community stalwart" should be someone welcoming to players, regardless of their race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation. 

Keep in mind that Laced was previously permabanned because of inappropriate behavior on the server in the "Addressing Toxicity" community bans from like a year or two ago. 

[Image: bcbc5a00d28ac11cfc6432570848be3c--michae...office.jpg]
(08-01-2021, 12:10 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: I'll go ahead and post the reasoning that justifies my ban.

The screenshots below illustrate that you have had 12 previous warns for racism and the use of slurs. The screenshots also show that, as my ban reason states, you have had 4 warns for racism/use of slurs within the past month.

[Image: unknown.png?width=906&height=676]
[Image: unknown.png?width=905&height=676]

4 within the past month, yes, and I once again acknowledge that I should not have done these things, but before that I hadn't been warned for anything since 2020. After the last warn, I realized I should probably chill out and I did just that. If anyone felt I needed to be banned at that time, it should have been done right then and there, instead of a day or two after the fact and giving the appearance of you going out of your way to look for these things just to ban me.

You have previously been banned for use of slurs for one day by our esteemed former admin, Nicol. 

[Image: unknown.png?width=956&height=676]

Yes, I have. If my memory serves me right, I had grown to a point where I had not cared at all about the community anymore and wanted to leave. Obviously, it didn't go the way I planned and it was a stupid, immature way of going about things. Again, this was over a year ago.

In accordance with our staff guidelines, the next punishment for slur use after a one day ban is a 3-7 day ban. Keeping in mind that you have already been given several warnings after your previous one-day ban for slurs/racism, I decided that the 7 day ban would be the most appropriate, even though it was actually a little light of a punishment in my mind.

A little light of a punishment for using terms that offended nobody on the server at the time? If I had used them in a hateful way towards a player and it hurt them, I would understand. I understand that regardless of how they're used, these terms aren't allowed on the server, but it doesn't make an iota of sense to lock me up for a week if there was no real victim in the crime I have committed.

Keep in mind that you have previously been banned a number of times for actually legitimate reasons, which are hidden amongst the joke bans.

You have two bans for RDM and Leave x1. You have previously been permanently banned for Mass RDM. You were also banned for Teaming for 2 weeks. Considering the previous permanent ban, I would consider the 1-week ban that was administered by me to be quite generous.

Yes? These have nothing to do with the ban itself, or the length of it for that matter. They're both for different reasons and it seems wildly inappropriate to take these things into account when deciding on the length of a ban for saying bad words.

(08-01-2021, 12:37 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 12:32 PM)Rich Kids on LSD Wrote: +1 I don't think laced has ever been malicious at all on the server. Maybe he's joking around a bit too much at times with his use of language... to say the least, but he is a community stalwart and fun to be around

I don't think blaring racist songs and using slurs is something "fun." It is offensive and can turn away players from the server. A "community stalwart" should be someone welcoming to players, regardless of their race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation. 

This is where I start to think you haven't paid any attention to me when we've previously talked or played either on the server or on other games and are basing my character solely on the fact that I sometimes have included bad words in my vocabulary for comedic effect. I have never, EVER, been a person who will turn other people away based off of anything besides their character and my personal experiences with them. I do not care about what race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or whatever else you are, I just care whether or not you are at least a decent person who is fun for me to be around. To suggest otherwise is complete ignorance, plain and simple.

Keep in mind that Laced was previously permabanned because of inappropriate behavior on the server in the "Addressing Toxicity" community bans from like a year or two ago. 

Either you made a very poor choice of words or you just didn't do your research, because my ban at that time had nothing to do with my behavior on the server. My ban had to do with some not-so-nice things I said to somebody who wasn't very well liked on the forums. My friends at the time also made some unkind comments to this person. We were lumped together and told everything was linked together and we coordinated it, similar to another situation that happened not so long ago. Immature? Sure. Ban-worthy? Not at all.
my responses are in 19
I don't feel that RDM bans should have any influence/impact on the current ban, nor should the "addressing toxicity" community ban as that ban is tendentious.

That being said as a longstanding pillar of this community, you should know better.

I don't think it is fair to assume that every person online had no issue with the slurs/toxicity being used. Unless you knew each person online was OK with it, with 0 guests on whatsoever, you don't know who is and isn't ok with it. Just because someone doesn't complain aloud doesn't mean they may be felt unwelcome. If you claim to be someone who won't turn other people away based off of anything besides their character/personal experiences, don't turn people away by using vulger language - directed at them or not.

I'd be OK with a reduction to time served when this is answered, as that will likely be Monday or Tuesday, serving ~3-4 days. I don't think Nicky's discretion was inappropriate, but frankly things have been improved overall since you were unbanned from mass some time ago.

I did want to add two instances of slurs I did witness as well - the racist queue (i think it was you?) you made on the test server earlier this week (yes I heard it, just didn't bother doing anything about it), and the slurs from July 1st on the discord when the "tierlist" came out.

All in all, I do acknowledge how things have improved. +1 reduction to time served.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
you know the rules, stop acting like a fuck +1 reduction
Ditto to the two comments above ^. Stop acting dumb my friend lol. 1+ on a reduction. Hopefully you will chill with the slurs.
(08-01-2021, 02:02 PM)Jammin Wrote: I did want to add two instances of slurs I did witness as well - the racist queue (i think it was you?) you made on the test server earlier this week (yes I heard it, just didn't bother doing anything about it), and the slurs from July 1st on the discord when the "tierlist" came out.
The test server thing was allowed by bryan when we were on testing stuff with him, you joined after I had queued something.

The thing from July 1st was a bit of tomfoolery taken too far. I still contest that it was anything more, but I realize I shouldn't have said some of the things I said that night, and I apologize.