drtzfhy
(08-01-2021, 04:25 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: Just stop being a fucking idiot and slurring like a 15 year old 
I TAKE OFFENSE TO THIS
+1 for reduction it seems like Laced has very few bans actually related to slurring itself, they put enough effort in their request too.
Okay so
(oh wow something happened with laced and now rand is saying things how wild and crazy and totally unforeseeable)

The idea of going back in time to administer punishments that weren't complained about is silly. Everyone makes fun of someone making a request about singular RDMs, even with evidence, but when it comes to other things that people very much mishandle on server and only tend to take more seriously when on a binge or when dealing with specific individuals, it's fine?. That's crazy. If slurs were "appropriately" handled, there would be so many much longer bans than there are currently. The guidelines for slurring are very much inaccurate to what anyone /ever/ does, and you acted rashly on it. Possibly because of who it is more than anything, but that's speculation.

And this ties into the same issue you see on forums, although that's due to a delay in punishment and an automated system more than willful ignorance. People doing multiple of one misdeed without being warned, then being banned for it without actually being warned. If we're going to let some things slide, warns have to be shorter term and rewarn people after x amount of time, like we do for most other issues anyway. If we're not, then we need to ban half the server that is higher than a member for a period of time, and not let some people just be completely invincible while being outwardly 'problematic', while certain people (who just so happen to criticize the way things are run kind of frequently) take the brunt of it.

Just fruit for thought.

But also slurring is stupid so +1 for reduction, stop being a jackass in mixed company smh
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
@"Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca" has been doing a killer job making sure the proper people are punished for not following the rules and being a burden. As an admin, he has the highest obligation to do what he can to help the server and staff. If there are things staff miss then Nicky, as an experienced admin, can go and make sure things are in order. If players are allowed to do or say anything without staff online, such as the actions Nicky warned players for, then the server would become a shit-show. 

Stop trying to refute what you did by wanting a statute of limitations or demanding to be punished when it suits you. Don’t expect to get away with everything because you aren’t punished instantly or because staff is not online.

U do bad, bad happen. Nicky good, Nicky help.
(08-01-2021, 04:58 PM)NotRand Wrote: Okay so
(oh wow something happened with laced and now rand is saying things how wild and crazy and totally unforeseeable)

The idea of going back in time to administer punishments that weren't complained about is silly. Everyone makes fun of someone making a request about singular RDMs, even with evidence, but when it comes to other things that people very much mishandle on server and only tend to take more seriously when on a binge or when dealing with specific individuals, it's fine?. That's crazy. If slurs were "appropriately" handled, there would be so many much longer bans than there are currently. The guidelines for slurring are very much inaccurate to what anyone /ever/ does, and you acted rashly on it. Possibly because of who it is more than anything, but that's speculation.

And this ties into the same issue you see on forums, although that's due to a delay in punishment and an automated system more than willful ignorance. People doing multiple of one misdeed without being warned, then being banned for it without actually being warned. If we're going to let some things slide, warns have to be shorter term and rewarn people after x amount of time, like we do for most other issues anyway. If we're not, then we need to ban half the server that is higher than a member for a period of time, and not let some people just be completely invincible while being outwardly 'problematic', while certain people (who just so happen to criticize the way things are run kind of frequently) take the brunt of it.

Just fruit for thought.

But also slurring is stupid so +1 for reduction, stop being a jackass in mixed company smh

I did not act "rashly" on the guidelines. I followed them to a tee. If I were to not have followed the guidelines, then people would have complained. And when I do follow them, people complain and make suggestive comments of improper conduct. That's simply not the case. It is well documented that I follow the guidelines when I staff. Go through my past bans, the unban requests on bans that I administered, etc. If anything, they demonstrate that I am actually fairly merciful in my staffing.

"Possibly because of who it is more than anything, but that's speculation." 

I welcome the chance to defend myself and my staffing process. It is true that some staff, more so in the past, may have staffed arbitrarily. I do not. Please see the following bans which demonstrate that I was not picking and choosing how I staffed. I believe that these bans demonstrate that I do not administer punishments differently according to the person. In fact, I gave the exact same punishment for Kostok, who had also previously been banned for 1 day for the use of slurs but continued. That 1-day ban previously administered was also from a long time ago. There was no "targeting" by me in the punishment I administered here. 

Keep in mind that many, if not most, of our players (including members+) managed to play on the server without doing anything warn worthy. Most members+ do not have any warns on record. 

[Image: unknown.png?width=395&height=676]
(08-01-2021, 05:49 PM).cee Wrote: @"Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca" has been doing a killer job making sure the proper people are punished for not following the rules and being a burden. As an admin, he has the highest obligation to do what he can to help the server and staff. If there are things staff miss then Nicky, as an experienced admin, can go and make sure things are in order. If players are allowed to do or say anything without staff online, such as the actions Nicky warned players for, then the server would become a shit-show. 

Stop trying to refute what you did by wanting a statute of limitations or demanding to be punished when it suits you. Don’t expect to get away with everything because you aren’t punished instantly or because staff is not online.

Nicky is not an admin currently, and to my knowledge has never been a TTT Admin. Nicky is Donor+, and has no business staffing while he still has his rank unless it is desperately needed. Nicky also has no business undermining people by punishing people more than they already have been when other staff deemed it unnecessary. 

I honestly feel the Donors of the server do a good enough job policing the server when the staff aren't on. If there's something they can't handle, they will either call staff on or make a ban request.

I never refuted what I did. Yes, I have used that kind of language on the server. There were even staff on when I did so. You were on when I did it. Yes, I was punished for it at the time. There is no reason for me to be issued a harsher punishment later on unless a TTT Admin deemed it necessary. I don't know about Battons, but Bryan wasn't even aware that I was banned at all. Battons has viewed this thread, and judging by his lack of a response informing everyone that this was a decision he made, I will assume he knew nothing of this either.

"Don’t expect to get away with everything because you aren’t punished instantly or because staff is not online." I don't expect to get away with everything. In fact, in this instance I haven't gotten away with anything. That's sort of the entire point of an unban request.
(08-01-2021, 06:18 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 05:49 PM).cee Wrote: @"Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca" has been doing a killer job making sure the proper people are punished for not following the rules and being a burden. As an admin, he has the highest obligation to do what he can to help the server and staff. If there are things staff miss then Nicky, as an experienced admin, can go and make sure things are in order. If players are allowed to do or say anything without staff online, such as the actions Nicky warned players for, then the server would become a shit-show. 

Nicky is not an admin currently, and to my knowledge has never been a TTT Admin. Nicky is Donor+, and has no business staffing while he still has his rank unless it is desperately needed. Nicky also has no business undermining people by punishing people more than they already have been when other staff deemed it unnecessary. 

I honestly feel the Donors of the server do a good enough job policing the server when the staff aren't on. If there's something they can't handle, they will either call staff on or make a ban request.

I never refuted what I did. Yes, I have used that kind of language on the server. There were even staff on when I did so. You were on when I did it. Yes, I was punished for it at the time. There is no reason for me to be issued a harsher punishment later on unless a TTT Admin deemed it necessary. I don't know about Battons, but Bryan wasn't even aware that I was banned at all. Battons has viewed this thread, and judging by his lack of a response informing everyone that this was a decision he made, I will assume he knew nothing of this either.

"Don’t expect to get away with everything because you aren’t punished instantly or because staff is not online." I don't expect to get away with everything. In fact, in this instance I haven't gotten away with anything. That's sort of the entire point of an unban request.

As the above screenshot shows, I posted when I had banned you, which I also did for a few other bans. I generally post my bans in our Staff Discord for bans other than simple RDM and Leave's. I also include my evidence in our watchlist, both for my own convenience and so others can review it. I was aware that your ban would be considered "high profile" and I tagged both Battons and Byran immediately before banning you for a week. It does not look like Bryan immediately acknowledged it, however, so he may have been missed it at first. This was not something underhanded, however.

"There is no reason for me to be issued a harsher punishment later on..."

Your punishment was the punishment in accordance with the staff guidelines. That is the reason you were given a "harsher" punishment.

[Image: unknown.png?width=570&height=676]
[Image: unknown.png]

EDIT: To add screenshots after verifying that I would not be leaking staff chat by adding.
laced knows what he did was wrong and considering how long he has been playing while yes he was being naughty he knows the rules well and knows what lines to cross and not to, he just used colorful language as a means of humor and it was funny, yes it was wrong but it wasn't hateful or being purposely derogatory towards any specific group of people or anyone playing at the time, each time he said a slur it was just random and just for comedic shock humor effect and it worked tbh

+1 on unban he owned up to it apologized and claimed to not do it again, I believe and trust him enough to think he deserves an unban
I guess I'll finally respond to this thread. Yes I was aware of this ban, I've chosen not to comment because nicky was down voted to hell. Slurs are slurs I don't care about context they still mean the same definition. You know better, your a pillar of our community and you should be upholding our values instead of encouraging loopholes and workarounds. This has been a longstanding occurrence and I would have banned anyone else for the amount its done. I think you should wait out the remainder of your ban.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]