Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIN age for Dinks
(08-09-2021, 12:24 PM)Agent Barton Wrote:
(08-09-2021, 12:05 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Surely I’m not the only one who’s mind is boggled on why we are asking ages in server, kicking for the age despite no ruling or steam guideline to do so, and the whole basis is because the community (not the players in question) is too toxic? Much less how to actually implement this? The community jumps on anyone who says a 14-15 year old can’t be staff but 13, nope that’s the line can’t even play.

Wholly agree here on this. There's absolutely no way this could be implemented, short of asking for proof of age of every player that wants to join Dinks.

Surely it'd be a better idea to crack down on the people who are acting inappropriately in front of minors? You can't control who comes and goes from server, but can control how people act when here.

(08-09-2021, 12:27 PM)Battons Wrote: This is one of the few times I will ever say this outright this sounds stupid. How do I prove their parents didn't buy it for them? If you wanna go by legalities then technically any kid can play any rated game with parents supervision. Now I can enforce not saying inappropriate things around children but online interactions aren't rated by the US standard ESRB where dinks server is hosted.

Short answer no. I won't make any rule regarding age and it will be handled on a case by case and we shouldn't be kicking people based on their age.

from my own views i meant in more in a view of those who sound extremely under 13. we should totally handle those who bother and brass the younger players (and just players in general), but if someone sounds extremely young; i dont think playing online with people who could be much older than them is honestly safe for them. this used to be a serious issue on an old gmod server i used to play on; which led to it being shut down due to the number of minors on it being abused, and such for simply being extremely young. 

plus; steams ToS does state players should be at least 13, or older to use the platform and buy games on it. I think just simply checking in with players that might sound extremely young, via private messages, or have a rule that says to avoid using voice chat if you're under a certain age to protect the younger players vs just outright limiting them could help relieve the harassment against them, and the people who treat them poorly.
#1 fofab & duke hater  simp
[Image: PijgKQR.png]
or just go outside instead of talking about "inappropriate" stuff on a gmod server just play the game or talk about pepsi vs coke for the 5000000th time -_-
(08-09-2021, 01:04 PM)Caribou Wrote: or just go outside instead of talking about "inappropriate" stuff on a gmod server just play the game or talk about pepsi vs coke for the 5000000th time -_-

coke better dumbass idoit madarchod
(08-09-2021, 12:05 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Surely I’m not the only one who’s mind is boggled on why we are asking ages in server, kicking for the age despite no ruling or steam guideline to do so, and the whole basis is because the community (not the players in question) is too toxic? Much less how to actually implement this? The community jumps on anyone who says a 14-15 year old can’t be staff but 13, nope that’s the line can’t even play.

I've been downvoted to oblivion for -1ing someone's app for being like 13 or 14 so I agree, this rule would be inconsistent. Rather than blaming the kid for just playing a game, maybe blame the grown adult players with fully or almost fully developed brains who choose to say obscene/mean things around kids. Instead of coming up with a whole new rule, this can be solved by simply enforcing the existing ones.

Also, I find it concerning that you've been enforcing an unofficial rule that you made up, seemingly without the TTT admins (or at least Battons) giving you the okay to do so.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
step 1: make dinks 18+
step 2: no issues with minors anymore
step 3: profit
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
In the 3 years I've been with this community, I have never once seen anybody be kicked or banned solely because of their age. That never has been and never should be the rule.

What you SHOULD do ​is enforce the rules that have already been put in place instead of rules that don't exist. I thought this was kinda obvious already.
In an ideal world, absolutely but at the end of the day we have no way of verifying someone's age. It stresses me out when I'm on server and a kid comes on as I feel I have to protect them against some of our players who will pick on them or just not give a damn that a kid is there. However there really is very little we can do about it.  :-/
[Image: unknown.jpg]
I started playing this server when I was under 13, so naturally i may be a bit biased. Its not our job to guide the kids. I remember coming onto this server when I was a little kid and just wanting to play some TTT. This is one of the less toxic servers on TTT. Would you rather let these kids play on servers where people can say slurs freely? Kicking these kids is not gonna stop them, its just gonna force them to play on more toxic servers. Lets say someone is 13 or 14 and very uncomfortable about talking about their age and sounds young, then what are we forcing them to do? We are asking them to reveal their age to a bunch of strangers or get kicked. This is something that no one should have to do.
Nice Car.
Be a shame if I ran into it
Another server i use to play didn't do anything to a creepy ass grown man that was telling some 10 yr old he was gonna r*** his throat so hard that his tonsils would disappear. A kid isn't gonna magically be safe just because u kick them out of dinks
[Image: J6yUs0g]
why are you taking something like that into your own hands and enforcing a rule thats not a rule
why is that not being addressed as well