Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Community Input pt. 2 ft. Dong
I have nothing against you and you are before my time but I don't think I've seen you on the server more than a handful of times. I think it makes more sense to play more on the server then apply for admin instead of vice versa, which is what you are currently doing. What happens if you get admin, come back on the server, and then find you don't want to play again? Staff roles shouldn't be ping pong.
formal apology to everyone i insulted in my reply (hong) (matt)
come visit me boy
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
mod yes admin maybe but probably more towards nah for awhile, make sure you actually want it and allat
i will not elaborate further as it will make it sound like i have problems with you when i very much enjoy you, or problems with how you admined which i didn't have any specific issues

but ultimately it's a you thing, as is evidence, though i do appreciate you and nicol asking for input on it
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
I didn't read everyone else's response, so if this was already said I apologize. 

I don't have an issue with you becoming Admin again, but I do think there should be a type of probationary period. This probationary period is where you or anyone else desiring to return to admin would be a Moderator for a minimum of 2 months before returning to the Admin position. Before you can return to the Admin position though, another post would be made for community input on whether the community feels ok with you returning to being an Admin. Yes, this is a few hoop to jump through but the pattern of resigning and coming back months later to your original position so easily seems too simple to be like  "yeah I want it back". You will be given ample opportunity to prove that you deserve to have Admin back. 

A bit over a year ago I resigned from everything, left the community for the most part then returned 1 month later. In my mind, I couldn't bring myself to just go "hey guys, I'm back and I want my Moderator status back". Instead I spent the next 6-9 Months working my way back. Started from the bottom as Trusted and made my way back to PH Moderator and became a DR Admin a few months later as well. This may give a little light why I think just coming back and becoming a high rank doesn't sit well with me. I left for 1 month, now people who have left their position well over 3+ months are trying to unresign, I think it needs to actually be a challenge not just a "here you go".

I have no issues with you as a person, the unresinging thing has just bothered me since they all started. 

The final say is on Dink of course, but this is my opinion on the whole thing.
(08-13-2021, 02:59 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: Some of you may go like, "wait Fish, you do not play TTT so why are you voting at all."

We don't mind your input Fish, it's community involvement, especially on things like admins apps.

(08-13-2021, 03:24 PM)Scoovie Wrote: Un-resigning isn't a new concept and if they were good staff then there isn't any reason to deny it but this isn't an un-resignation its an admin app so leave the argument of un-resigning out of it. +1 to being promoted to admin since this is an APPLICATION.

I supported Nicol coming back as he has done a lot for the server in the background. I give him shit a lot about the back that he became a really good admin once he resigned. 
 You were the main admin for a long time during my early staffing days and I liked you and was cut when you resigned, but as you are already a Mod its not really an unresignation and more of a Re-Application like scoovie said.

In saying that Battons and Bryan have done a pretty good job at running the server with the help of Nicol.

So my questions are: What is a TTT community admin doing, apart from listening to community issues?  What plans do you have for TTT?  Do you think that TTT needs 4 admins? Do you think you talking up an admin slot is taking away from other long term mods who are wanting to move up in the future?
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
You have continued to be helpful after you stepped back from the admin role. You never really went away, (just can’t get rid of you  Rolleyes ) you’ve been back as mod for a while and yes you took a holiday…..that’s a good thing! Can’t be here 24/7. Also people forget that server time is not everything, there is so much background stuff that goes on that no one sees. 

I find you to be helpful, enthusiastic and a real asset to the Dinkleberg community. I see no reason for there to be a specific number of admins, it’s not an easy task so the more there is to share the burden the better. I don’t believe you want admin just to be ‘admin’ you genuinely want to help. 

I know I spend zero time on TTT but from an upper staff point of view I’d be happy to see you back as admin. 

Good luck Ding  Heart

Ps. Proud of you for doing so well IRL
[Image: unknown.jpg]
I personally don't care either way. As much as I don't like unresigning, it would be nice to see TTT with 4 Admins again and Dong was a decent-good admin.

Either way, I'm still gonna whoop your ass in fantasy so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
former admin2
+1
On the grounds you take breaks when you need it for mental well being. You're capable. You did well before. You would do well now. You've been moderator for the month and explained your absence which people chose to ignore among other things you explained. (GG guys.)
unresigning isnt the topic, this isnt an uresignation. its an application because he has already been acting as a moderator. Like he stated.

good luck
(08-13-2021, 04:14 PM)dong Wrote: My playtime from my resignation up until current time was made over this last month. I explained the gap and time discrepancies in my post and said it will continue to go up as this will remain open for a bit. I have also been involved for over a handful of months in backend discussions since leaving. A dismal 18 hours yes, but it was to continue going up considering I am more available after taking the vacation. If I hadn't taken the vacation I'd be at about 30-40 hours, which is going to be what my gt looks like going forward. I deleted the rules rework because nobody wanted it and it felt like a waste of my time. I still have it in my mind, so I don't see how that is an issue. I've been contributing ideas and trying to be "the best of the best" for the last 4 years. I have participated in discussions and brought up ideas since my departure in December. Thanks for your reply and criticism.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I have a few more thoughts, which I hope you won't mind me adding. I was reluctant to post again because my opinion is going to be negative, but I do believe that the admin position is quite important to the server and the community itself and is worth adding my honest thoughts. 

As you, and others, have made clear, this is not an unresignation. Rather, this is intended as an application to become an admin from your current position as a Moderator.

You resigned in December 2020. At that time, you stated that you had 894 hours of playtime. 

[Image: unknown.png]

Since December 2020, you have remained in our Staff Discord and I can agree that you have been helpful in that regard. 

In the period from December 2020 to August 15, 2021, however, you have not remained active on the TTT server itself at all. Rather, as this screenshot shows, you have accumulated around 912 hours. That means you have played for just 18 hours in the span of 8 months.

No one should be eligible for promotion with just 18 hours in 8 months. Not a trusted, Not a test mod, and most definitely not a moderator seeking an admin position. 

Simply put, you are not active. I read your post and comments where you said you were busy and expect to have your activity rise in the coming days and weeks. But I don't think that's good enough. 

It does not inspire confidence that you are actually dedicated enough to stick around. As you yourself wrote, you had no intention of staffing again when you resigned. And 18 hours of activity since then doesn't reflect a genuine desire to staff again.

(12-23-2020, 10:49 PM)dong Wrote: And yeah, I'm never staffing here again, so I apologize if you all had hoped I would eventually return. I'm done.

(09-10-2020, 09:58 PM)dong Wrote: Another thing I want to add onto this and confirm is that this is the last time I will ever be part of any staff team. After I resign, which I don't see coming anytime soon, I will just be part of the purple or pink prick squad for the rest of Dink's community life. I guess you can call this my last dance. I'm going to give you all every ounce of everything until my fire burns out.

As an admin, I felt that you "dropped the ball" a few times and rather than remedy the situation, you chose to instead blame others. 

[Image: unknown.png?width=1440&height=122]

With regard to the female player harassment involving Captain Price, you claimed that you weren't made aware of the things he was doing until he was banned. That statement was either untrue or showed that you had failed to properly recognize several instances of your staff members commenting on and even posting evidence of inappropriate behavior. Multiple staff members had posted in our Discord about his inappropriate behavior. I believe that it is the job of the admin to keep tabs on problematic individuals. I don't expect an admin to remember each person listed a single time in the watchlist. However, when someone's name has been posted over and over in the Discord and has essentially became a meme in the server itself for their behavior, I would expect the admin to be aware. Rather than simply say that you must have missed it or were too busy, you refused to accept responsibility.

In your suggestion thread upon resigning, you posted several suggestions. One of which was that a lot of people were promoted that did not deserve to be. You were one of the two admins. You could have, and should have, prevented unfit people from becoming staff. You blamed the committee system, which you yourself have stated the reworking of as one of your greatest achievements. Maybe you should have properly fixed the system, rather than try to blame it later. Nicol himself, after your resignation, just ended up scrapping the committee system due to its flaws. 

You also posted this in your suggestion thread. However, when it came down to it, it seemed like Moderators were the ones having to make some of the most contentious bans on the server and taking the resulting flak for such. No one wants to ban a regular because often they are our friend or we will take a beating in an unban request. But some of us do it anyways. I honestly felt like I was riding solo for some of the bans that I conducted while you were the admin. I know I came back in earnest while you were on your way out, but that was also combined with Nicol's absences. I have not had any desire to be TTT Admin since at least 2017. But with that lack of support from the admin team, I felt that I was making decisions on matters like bans that were beyond the position of Moderator to be making. 

Finally, I wanted to note that your activity as an admin itself must not have been that high. When you applied for Mod in May 2020, you had 780 hours. As previously noted, you had 894 hours when you resigned from Admin. You received Admin in July 2020. So in the 5 months that you were admin, you accumulated no more than 114 hours of additional experience. 

So my final and third major point here is a question about your legacy as TTT Admin, since you are leaning heavily into that experience for this "application."

In this thread, you wrote this, which seems to touch on this: 

(08-13-2021, 02:17 PM)dong Wrote: Admittedly I have never been one to do back end things such as weapon changes, hitbox issues with playermodels, lua, all of that jazz. I have and will always be more focused on the community engagement aspect. Having face and listening to community issues was the one thing I was best at. I worked on staff related things such as redoing committees (they got deleted rip), even reworked the rules before I left, but that never saw the light of day. I would strive in a team setting because Battons and Nicol are more technically orientated, whereas I feel like Bryan and I could do very well on the community aspect.

"Having face and listening to community issues was the one thing I was best at" - I do not think this is true. I believe that you failed to properly address situations such as the female harassment problems with Captain Price. Also, I see that from the time you took over as an admin in July, you made 8 forum threads. Only one really touches on the community, the one about a Karaoke Night. The others are either just shitposting, birthday posts to your close friends, or a life update. 

"redoing committees" - You cite this as one of your achievements or positive things that you did as a staff member. These were quickly deleted after you resigned. Not much of a legacy there, especially considering you have oft criticized them.

"even reworked the rules before I left, but that never saw the light of day" - They never saw the light of day because you deleted them. You seem to be convinced that nobody wanted them. I certainly wasn't under that impression. I know that I would have liked to have seen them. You state that you "still have it in my mind" and that it shouldn't be an issue. If you are going to claim to have done something and cite is an achievement, then you actually need to have done it. What is in your mind does nothing for us unless you write it down or share it with us in some other format. 

I will cite my legacy as the PH Admin as a comparison and to see if you can provide me with something similar. I will focus on PH since, like TTT, it is a server with a large and constant player base. 

I was PH Admin for a total period of around 1 year when combined over my two tenures, with the last ending in July 2019. In that time, I:
-Conducted a rules revision which I actually followed through with. Those revised rules still provide the basis for what PH uses today.
-Instituted a "Three Strike Policy" for staff members. This policy is still in place and was later copied in a somewhat altered form by TTT.
-Heavily updated the staff list so that we would be able to better keep track of our actually active staff, adding hyperlinks to their names and offloading the inactive staff.
---I later did this for TTT as well after your time as admin was already over.
-Started the trend of creating the PH News Bulletin to keep staff and players apprised of major changes in the server. This continues to be done by the PH Admins. 
-Began the "PH Staff Member of the Month" thread. It appears to be inactive since May of this year, but we have over three years of SMOM's so far. 

My question for you is - what are the components of your lasting legacy as TTT Admin? What was so great about your tenure that you think you should be given back your rank even after accumulating just 18 hours of activity in 8 months?