Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Community Input pt. 2 ft. Dong
(obligatory two cents as moderator even tho this thread is 4 pages in)

My main worries are that you've been gone way longer than Nicol, and I haven't seen you on the server a whole lot since coming back. The community feels like it's already in good shape right now and even better than it was in 2020.
personally I'd be more confident in seeing you come back as a Moderator for now, and then re-applying as Admin after you've gotten your in-game hours back up and done some more obvious community interactions.

The only thing that would exempt my worries is if the Admin team and Dink are really confident that another Admin will be beneficial. It just seems weird imagining the Admin team at such a large amount. But once again I'm sure Bryan and Battons are thankful to have experienced Ex-Admins helping them out at the moment, so I trust their final decisions more than my own.
(08-15-2021, 02:00 AM)Prince Nicky De Lay Ley Wrote: *snip because that's a long post to quote*

Don't go pinning the Captain Price situation on Dong or any of the active staff at that time.  It's not fair to pin it on one person, or directly point fingers at them.  If you recall, when you made a thread addressing the Captain Price issue, I specifically stated that the Price situation dated a year before it ever happened, where I warned another former admin about the situation at hand, and to watch him in case he started something in the community (knowing very well his past reputation in other communities).  This was NEVER documented in the staff Discord, never documented in Admin chat, and never addressed with Dong.  It's difficult as admin to keep up with every aspect of a community, both you and I know this very well as Admins in this community, past or present.  So how is it fair to call him out on one point that wasn't addressed with him?

Another thing, in terms of committees, he tried to address an issue that previous admins (myself included) tried to address, making them viable and active.  I was handed down committees when I became admin, and honestly, they were bound to fail during my tenure long before Dong was ever staff.  Give credit where credit is due, that he tried to make them work when they weren't working previously, and they were discontinued because it was a failed idea from the start.  I think you missed a critical point as well with committees, that Nicol tried fixing them as well before Dong became Admin, which again failed, and were scrapped when there was only one admin to make whatever decisions they wanted to make.  Again, in no way should that count against him.

I would also like to stress, there is no need to compare Admin tenures between two different servers in the community.  It looks more like a flex on what you did then anything, each admin handles their tenure differently and has contributed to different server needs in different ways.  Those are all things that Prop Hunt needed or wanted at the time, but TTT is a different set of people with different wants and needs, so comparing them is like comparing apples to oranges.

Overall, the only thing I can understand from your comment is the playtime.  Would it help to see more? Probably. But considering the circumstances of this application where he was approached to return versus simply asking for a rank back, I think playtime would still help but the circumstances are slightly different.  For the rest, it seems nitpicky and looks like you found any excuse possible to tear down his reputation, which is hard to find credible because any one that knows your time in the community could nitpick and search through any and all posts you've made and do the same thing about you.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
I’m going to defend myself one last time, as if you read the entirety of the initial post I made it explains just about any scenario in question. To defend myself about the Cpt Price situation in response to you Nicky, yes I was not aware of how bad it was. I contribute that to miscommunication and I obviously was there for the worst part of it. An argument occurred in staff chat where there was a lot of overstepping other admins on your part. There was a major discrepancy on how he should be punished and rather than talking it out with us you went on and started banning him off of platforms that should’ve been voted on because your relation to one of the victims. I truthfully don’t know what I did to you from December until now because you had initially called me one of the best admins in my resignation and now you’re slamming me. I guess that can also be from the argument surrounding Jack as I was defending him during you overstepping again. I do agree that 18 hours is a bad amount of time, but I believe me coming back is more beneficial than not. As I’ve said I will work on my playtime as time goes on and was told to make this post at some point. The one thing that I do not appreciate however, is that you used a word such as dismal to explain my activity when you in fact have been inactive in game both times you returned to murder admin. You being repromoted to TTT Mod was also never brought up to me and was done by Dink even though you were gone for over a year if not longer. I also appreciate all the criticism and critiques from everybody on here obviously as I’m going to use it to improve, but I also recognize that many of you are here from after my resignation which is okay and I plan to show those people my abilities once I’m moved into my new place starting Monday. I’m finishing packing my stuff rn and making a 3 hour trip, so I’ll be open to answer anymore questions around this evening once I’m fully unpacked and setup my pc.

What the fuck happened in two days

I'm only here because this stuff started pouring into a separate discord and I was met with multiple paragraphs in the general section.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(08-15-2021, 08:08 AM)Avi Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 02:00 AM)Prince Nicky De Lay Ley Wrote: *snip because that's a long post to quote*
snip

Avi, I don't think you realize that the Captain Price situation was mentioned multiple times in our Staff Discord. The fact that you posted on that thread later was useful, but certainly was not the first mention of it. I, and other staff members, had already made the situation known before then. I am not blaming Dong for inaction, because I too was guilty of that. I am, however, saying that he either lied or failed to do his job as admin and stay apprised of a deteriorating situation.

And I really don't think I'm being nitpicky. I'm just genuinely confused how people, especially those that never staff under him as a Moderator, are praising how great of an admin Dong was. I don't think there really is anything to show for his less than 114 hours and 5 months of being an admin, much of which was spent inactive as he was busy with life priorities.

(08-15-2021, 08:16 AM)dong Wrote: snip

I called you a good admin in your resignation thread because I was trying to be nice and you had promised repeatedly to never staff here again. I like you as a person and think you're a good dude, but I don't think you were one of the best admins. The Jack situation has literally nothing to do with that, as I gave you actual reasons in my above post as to why I hold my opinion. Blaming others and dropping the ball.

And comparing Murder Admin isn't exactly appropriate. I took on that role because there was no one else that was available to help with that server. It is literally a caretaker role.

Additionally, when I came back to TTT Mod last year, I was not actually resigned for a year. My rank was never removed and I didn't go to anyone to have it restored either (that was in January of this year, after you had already resigned). I quietly came back and effectively staffed the server for a month before even rejoining the appropriate channels of the Staff Discord. I didn't ask for some major promotion thereafter, either.

Please show me that I'm wrong. Succeed in your current position before asking for a promotion. Bring up the game time, community engagement, and prove to me that you have the ideas and ambition necessary to be an admin. Then, maybe, you should be a candidate for admin.
These last few posts seem excessive and vindictive, and should probably remain private amongst the staff. The most relevant bit of information should be that 1) there are already enough admins & staff, and 2) dong's hours are exceedingly low for a regular user, let alone a staff.
To show that this is not shitposting, I will now provide a bit more feedback.

I can totally agree that the comparison from PH to TTT is a large stretch. Let's also take into account when in the servers' lives you were admins. TTT is not an unestablished server, it is fully fleshed out and without the support of Dink little to nothing can be done, especially if during at least a third or more of Dong's hours was practically solo due to Nicol taking a well-deserved vacation from the server due to his work being a bitch. (correct that if it's wrong btw and I'll edit) 
What I'm trying to say is Dong could only work with what he was given at that time, if given the opportunity, I'm sure he could work alongside Nicol, Bryan and Battons and the four of them could accomplish a lot of positive things together. Should Dong have had a bit more playtime before he made such a thread? Yes. I think he should have. However, the point still stands that he was admin, he knows what he's doing and he's not a net negative to the server's admin team, in my opinion.

*cough*

Because this thread will probably be longer, here's a little break from the action for our future readers.

[Image: f5d0f7c7f322ea901598262fb7453405.png]
The giant panda (Ailuropoda melanoleucaChinese大熊猫pinyindàxióngmāo),[5] also known as the panda bear (or simply the panda), is a bear[6] native to South Central China.[1] It is characterised by its bold black-and-white coat and rotund body. The name "giant panda" is sometimes used to distinguish it from the red panda, a neighboring musteloid. Though it belongs to the order Carnivora, the giant panda is a folivore, with bamboo shoots and leaves making up more than 99% of its diet.[7] Giant pandas in the wild will occasionally eat other grasses, wild tubers, or even meat in the form of birds, rodents, or carrion. In captivity, they may receive honey, eggs, fish, yams, shrub leaves, oranges, or bananas along with specially prepared food.
The giant panda lives in a few mountain ranges in central China, mainly in Sichuan, but also in neighbouring Shaanxi and Gansu.[10] As a result of farming, deforestation, and other development, the giant panda has been driven out of the lowland areas where it once lived, and it is a conservation-reliant vulnerable species.[11][12] A 2007 report showed 239 pandas living in captivity inside China and another 27 outside the country.[13] As of December 2014, 49 giant pandas lived in captivity outside China, living in 18 zoos in 13 different countries.[14] Wild population estimates vary; one estimate shows that there are about 1,590 individuals living in the wild,[13] while a 2006 study via DNA analysis estimated that this figure could be as high as 2,000 to 3,000.[15] Some reports also show that the number of giant pandas in the wild is on the rise.[16] In March 2015, conservation news site Mongabay stated that the wild giant panda population had increased by 268, or 16.8%, to 1,864.[17] In 2016, the IUCN reclassified the species from "endangered" to "vulnerable",[12] affirming decade-long efforts to save the panda. In July 2021, Chinese authorities also reclassified the giant panda as vulnerable rather than endangered.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled 3+ page thread!
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
why ya'll acting like having 4 is a problem we've literally had 4 ttt admins before i think even more at one point too.... Queef, Dakota, Scoovie, and Gabe that's 4 ttt admins at the same time and just because dong isn't the most lua savy person shouldn't discredit the work he tried to do or what he thought would help at the time.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(08-15-2021, 12:10 PM)pencilsharpener92 Wrote: These last few posts seem excessive and vindictive, and should probably remain private amongst the staff. The most relevant bit of information should be that 1) there are already enough admins & staff, and 2) dong's hours are exceedingly low for a regular user, let alone a staff.

I don't see how this could possibly be construed as "vindictive." This is an admin application and I am literally commenting exclusively on Dong's tenure as admin. I wrote several times that I genuinely like Dong as a person and have no complaints about his character. My comments are exclusively focused on his time as an admin. If people are citing his experience as admin as the reason he should be promoted back to admin, then it makes direct sense to literally comment on his past experience as an admin.
never gonna understand people who use threads like this to put others down over situations that they had no control over while simultaneously putting themselves up on a pedestal

(To add to this, dong was indeed a good admin. I don't care anymore about him skipping right back to mod because it's not going to change. There's really nothing negative about letting him stay there except maybe the precedent it sets, but I really don't think he's ready to rejoin the admin team as of this moment. Revisiting this in a few months/a year at most may be the best thing to do.)