Offender's Name: Raider Hanks

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:80360476

What Server(s): Dink TTT

Offender's Rank: Moderator

What They Did: slay for killing afk player standing next to unID'd body

When They Did It: 8/21/2021 ~4:50pm

Potential Witnesses: laced, peyton, icey, thayer

Proof: https://i.imgur.com/fuYu2zn.png

Other: This is such a bullshit slay. Standing next to unID'd bodies is always kosable, regardless of being AFK. Its been KOSable since TTT came out. Its not my fault they decided to be AFK whole round or that their T buddy left the unID'd body next to him. I've killed AFK players standing next to unID'd body all the time, even with other mods/admin. Hong, Nicol, Bryan, Jammin, and Nicky have seen me kill AFK players standing next to unID'd bodies. Standing next to unID'd bodies without IDing them is always KOSable. Hell, if it wasnt then Traitors could just pretend to be AFK next to unID'd bodies and never get killed. 
How is an afk going to id a body? Dafaq?
(08-21-2021, 04:07 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: How is an afk going to id a body? Dafaq?
That doesnt matter, the act of being next to unID'd bodies without IDing them has always been kosable. Its a traitorous act, it always has been. Its the same as running away from unID'd bodies.
I really don’t feel like argueing on this thread so I’ll just -1. Raider was right on this situation from what I read so far.
Nick is correct. This "rule" that you cannot kill an AFK for being near an unid because they are afk is not a rule. it's not even an interpretation of the rules, the rules make no mention of it. See screenshot below.

[Image: IcNael6.png]

The rule states that you either knowingly walk past OR (and reminder, OR is used as a way to divide a sentence into two or more possibilities) failing to identify a reasonably visible unidentified body. If you are AFK over an unidentified body, you have failed to identify that body. The only exception is in the footnote below, which does not pertain to the AFK in 99% of cases (and I will assume in this case too).

Nick needs to have his computer exploded for being a knife user, but he is correct in this case.

Edit: also don't agree with any sort of punishment, it's just one slay, who gives a shit.
Regardless of whether or not the slay was correct, I'm not sure this really belongs in the staff abuse section. At worst, Raider misunderstood the way the rule was written. At best, you misunderstood it.
This rule always gives me a massive fucking headache, probably because of how it has the potential to be (even more) intensely stupid. For instance:
Under this interpretation of the rule, I can kill a traitor, stand afk near their unid body with a crowbar out, and just report whoever kills me for not id'ing it because "I was afk."

-1 for any punishment, however, I will say that with this rule, you really start entering the realm of prioritizing people who literally aren't playing the game over people who are.
Greater clarification of this scenario in the rules would be beneficial, considering how often it happens.
(08-21-2021, 04:15 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: Regardless of whether or not the slay was correct, I'm not sure this really belongs in the staff abuse section. At worst, Raider misunderstood the way the rule was written. At best, you misunderstood it.
I wasnt sure where to post this since I dont normally report staff, so i just picked this one
I warned you not to do this the other day on brewery. You had said to kill an afk before a body was ided at their feet and I informed you it wasn’t allowed per admin ruling as this is how it has been.

Seeing as you’ve been warned not to do this I don’t see it as anything he did wrong
(08-21-2021, 04:52 PM)MiniMe2001 Wrote: I warned you not to do this the other day on brewery. You had said to kill an afk before a body was ided at their feet and I informed you it wasn’t allowed per admin ruling as this is how it has been.

Seeing as you’ve been warned not to do this I don’t see it as anything he did wrong
What admin had ruled that? Ive done this with all the admins on several times. Ive done it back in 2014 when dinkleberg use to play. Being next to unID'd bodies without IDing them has always been KOS.