Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
false slay
got it, carry unID'd bodies to spawn areas and then kill all the afks for being near them
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
This isn’t final say on the thread but here’s what I’m reading. 

An AFK player is standing next to Unid’d body. Player nick knows the player is AFK and still kills him because of an Unid’d body being next to it. Heres my stance on the rule. I believe the slay is justified for one reason. The rule states that if a player KNOWINGLY walks by an Unid’d body it can be kosable. This afk doesn’t know their is a body next to them because they aren’t playing the game at the moment lol. 

This is a heavy -1 and players shouldn’t get this upset over 1 slay.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(08-21-2021, 06:26 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: This isn’t final say on the thread but here’s what I’m reading. 

An AFK player is standing next to Unid’d body. Player nick knows the player is AFK and still kills him because of an Unid’d body being next to it. Heres my stance on the rule. I believe the slay is justified for one reason. The rule states that if a player KNOWINGLY walks by an Unid’d body it can be kosable. This afk doesn’t know their is a body next to them because they aren’t playing the game at the moment lol. 

the rule also states OR failing to identify a reasonably visible unidentified body, though
(08-21-2021, 06:53 PM)pencilsharpener92 Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 06:26 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: This isn’t final say on the thread but here’s what I’m reading. 

the rule also states OR failing to identify a reasonably visible unidentified body, though
i mean nothing is reasonably visible to someone that isn't looking at their screen
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(08-21-2021, 06:56 PM)NotRand Wrote:

i mean nothing is reasonably visible to someone that isn't looking at their screen

they don't need to be present at their screen, that's not what the rule says. all that the body is unidentified and reasonably visible. if you're afk it's on you
(08-21-2021, 04:07 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: How is an afk going to id a body? Dafaq?

My response to your statement is the first quoted sentence.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(08-21-2021, 07:40 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: My response to your statement is the first quoted sentence.

why does this server always do the dumbest roundabout explanations for rules? why does someone need to prove that someone is or isn't an afk? it makes 1000000% more sense that you kill someone for not IDing a body, regardless of their status, because it is the simplest way to play the game and it is explicitly defined this way in the motd
AFKs are all Ts I’ve been saying it for years

No. You can’t identify if you’re afk, and afks can only be killed in overtime. Exception given to say a t turret next to them obviously ignoring them (turret mechanic) or having dna ping the afk.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
i misclick afk people and if i get a slay i cope stop crying nick its just 1 slay
I'm going to be very honest here.
Currently, I understand our policy to be that we should slay if an AFK person is killed while standing next to an unID'd body, and said AFK person reports. Majority of the time, the AFK person is AFK and doesn't report, so it's not a problem most of the time. What Raider did fall in line with current policy. So as for staff abuse, I put in -1.

That being said, I vehemently disagree with the policy of slaying anybody for killing someone by unidentied body, AFK or not. In my opinion, if you are AFK and not actively playing the game, and an unided body falls near you, you are at risk of being killed. Frankly, it is your fault for being AFK if that situation happens, as it usually happens much longer than the first 20 seconds. If your AFK long enough to have a dead body fall near you, you have had adequate chance to return to the game.

TL, DR: I disagree with staff abuse, but i vehemently disagree with the policy in spirit.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks