Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
false slay
Literally 1 slay. Please do not get upset over something that is part of staff guidelines.
I'm sorry that your thirst for blood is immense enough to murder a player who isn't even playing the game. Just kill them in OT and place heavy sus on them.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
(08-21-2021, 06:26 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: This isn’t final say on the thread but here’s what I’m reading. 

An AFK player is standing next to Unid’d body. Player nick knows the player is AFK and still kills him because of an Unid’d body being next to it. Heres my stance on the rule. I believe the slay is justified for one reason. The rule states that if a player KNOWINGLY walks by an Unid’d body it can be kosable. This afk doesn’t know their is a body next to them because they aren’t playing the game at the moment lol. 

This is a heavy -1 and players shouldn’t get this upset over 1 slay.
1) To be more precise, I knew there were 2 afks earlier in the round on the roof, then left the roof and came back to it later. On the way I passed by another one player who was afk but wasnt anymore. When I got to the door, the other player was standing by it and there was an unID'd about 2-3 feet to the right. I killed him for being next to an unID'd body and not IDing it.
2) The ACT itself of not IDing bodies near you and could reasonably see is traitorous, with some exceptions such as body bomb or fighting traitors. This has been a general rule for the game since it came out, its just common sense. There is no logical reason to not ID bodies unless you are a traitor or there is a specific reason in game that renders you incapable of IDing the body. In this situation, there is no in game reason for not IDing the body; its two feet away, no obstacles. Not being at your keyboard isnt an in-game reason.
3) If you're going to stick to not killing AFK's then when I get back on the server, kill 5 innocent on my traitor round, then go AFK next to 5 unID'd bodies, the person I report better get slain for killing me. If they dont, im blowing my brains out at your absolutely ludicrous view on the situation.
4) This isnt entirely about the slay anymore, its about the rule/policy itself

(08-21-2021, 07:50 PM)Caribou Wrote: i misclick afk people and if i get a slay i cope stop crying nick its just 1 slay

There is a difference between "misclick afk" and killing for a specific reason. I didnt just walk up on some random AFK and go "bang haha fun."

(08-21-2021, 09:03 PM)Kizzy Wrote: Literally 1 slay. Please do not get upset over something that is part of staff guidelines.

This isnt part of staff guidelines

(08-21-2021, 09:12 PM)Battons Wrote: I'm sorry that your thirst for blood is immense enough to murder a player who isn't even playing the game. Just kill them in OT and place heavy sus on them.

Thanks for contributing nothing to the discussion. Why would I place "sus" for something that is straight up traitorous. 

(08-21-2021, 07:48 PM)pencilsharpener92 Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 07:40 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: My response to your statement is the first quoted sentence.

why does this server always do the dumbest roundabout explanations for rules? why does someone need to prove that someone is or isn't an afk? it makes 1000000% more sense that you kill someone for not IDing a body, regardless of their status, because it is the simplest way to play the game and it is explicitly defined this way in the motd
I don't like playing with you all that much, but you're like one of maybe four people that actually uses their brain when playing the game.

I was hoping when I left the server back in 2015 that the players/mods/admins would get smarter over the years, but instead the community seems to have gotten stupider somehow. Even less people seem to understand what is possible in the game itself and try to put certain rules where they can't apply. 
I'm definitely going to need Dink to rule on this, because its just absolutely nonsensical that "afk" players can get away with being next to unID'd bodies.
(08-21-2021, 09:58 PM)♥Nick♥ Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 06:26 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: This isn’t final say on the thread but here’s what I’m reading. 

An AFK player is standing next to Unid’d body. Player nick knows the player is AFK and still kills him because of an Unid’d body being next to it. Heres my stance on the rule. I believe the slay is justified for one reason. The rule states that if a player KNOWINGLY walks by an Unid’d body it can be kosable. This afk doesn’t know their is a body next to them because they aren’t playing the game at the moment lol. 

1) To be more precise, I knew there were 2 afks earlier in the round on the roof, then left the roof and came back to it later. On the way I passed by another one player who was afk but wasnt anymore. When I got to the door, the other player was standing by it and there was an unID'd about 2-3 feet to the right. I killed him for being next to an unID'd body and not IDing it.
2) The ACT itself of not IDing bodies near you and could reasonably see is traitorous, with some exceptions such as body bomb or fighting traitors. This has been a general rule for the game since it came out, its just common sense. There is no logical reason to not ID bodies unless you are a traitor or there is a specific reason in game that renders you incapable of IDing the body. In this situation, there is no in game reason for not IDing the body; its two feet away, no obstacles. Not being at your keyboard isnt an in-game reason.
3) If you're going to stick to not killing AFK's then when I get back on the server, kill 5 innocent on my traitor round, then go AFK next to 5 unID'd bodies, the person I report better get slain for killing me. If they dont, im blowing my brains out at your absolutely ludicrous view on the situation.
dang kinda like dna a thing tho
[Image: J6yUs0g]
gets input from multiple staff/admins
goes on baby rage

you got input from half of the admin team, dink isn't going to rule on something this mundane and would think it pretty dumb that he get called for something like this lmao
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(08-21-2021, 09:58 PM)♥Nick♥ Wrote:

(08-21-2021, 07:50 PM)Caribou Wrote: i misclick afk people and if i get a slay i cope stop crying nick its just 1 slay

There is a difference between "misclick afk" and killing for a specific reason. I didnt just walk up on some random AFK and go "bang haha fun."

(08-21-2021, 09:03 PM)Kizzy Wrote: Literally 1 slay. Please do not get upset over something that is part of staff guidelines.

This isnt part of staff guidelines

(08-21-2021, 09:12 PM)Battons Wrote: I'm sorry that your thirst for blood is immense enough to murder a player who isn't even playing the game. Just kill them in OT and place heavy sus on them.

Thanks for contributing nothing to the discussion. Why would I place "sus" for something that is straight up traitorous. 

(08-21-2021, 07:48 PM)pencilsharpener92 Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 07:40 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: My response to your statement is the first quoted sentence.

why does this server always do the dumbest roundabout explanations for rules? why does someone need to prove that someone is or isn't an afk? it makes 1000000% more sense that you kill someone for not IDing a body, regardless of their status, because it is the simplest way to play the game and it is explicitly defined this way in the motd
I don't like playing with you all that much, but you're like one of maybe four people that actually uses their brain when playing the game.

I was hoping when I left the server back in 2015 that the players/mods/admins would get smarter over the years, but instead the community seems to have gotten stupider somehow. Even less people seem to understand what is possible in the game itself and try to put certain rules where they can't apply. 
I'm definitely going to need Dink to rule on this, because its just absolutely nonsensical that "afk" players can get away with being next to unID'd bodies.
This really hurts. Y'know I thought you were a nice person. What the fuck. I don't see why Dink has to have a say in this when it already has a pretty easy solution. Literally just place high sus until OT. Are you that trigger happy that you can't wait to kill them? I don't normally comment on these types of situations but man you really did tick me off with this post. Just because this situation hasn't gone your way, and people are disagreeing with you, doesn't mean you gotta throw shade over the community when it has nothing to do with it. At the end of the day this is a video game. and it was 1 slay. 1 slay that is already done. You really needed to magnify this problem?
[Image: shshy.gif?width=953&height=149]
You got a response from the admins, and then decided you didn't like that so you want the owner to weigh in his opinion on a situation he likely knows nothing of because he doesn't play on his own server? You're kinda retarded, ngl.
(08-21-2021, 10:19 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: You got a response from the admins, and then decided you didn't like that so you want the owner to weigh in his opinion on a situation he likely knows nothing of because he doesn't play on his own server? You're kinda retarded, ngl.
Dink has played the game long enough to know the situation. AFK people being near unID'd bodies isnt a new thing, its been around since the game came out. I'll mainly agree with his ruling because i've known him the longest out of you guys. When I first joined the server in 2014, he made a retarded decision in slaying me when I had a good reason for killing the last 2 traiors. His response to slaying me was that the other two people were on the server longer and wanted to make them happy. It was stupid, but whatever, accepted that slay. Even if its the wrong the decision, i'll agree with him. Also, its only logical that the person who literally owns the server make the decision/ruling on situations like this.
(08-21-2021, 10:34 PM)♥Nick♥ Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 10:19 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: Sssnip
i dont think you get how big the server actually is, he does not need to rule on "something like this" because "something like this" is so far beneath him, he doesn't play anymore, he handles backend stuff, he has admins and mods that he trusts to handle this sort of thing

take the L mate
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(08-21-2021, 10:34 PM)♥Nick♥ Wrote: Dink has played the game long enough to know the situation. AFK people being near unID'd bodies isnt a new thing, its been around since the game came out. I'll mainly agree with his ruling because i've known him the longest out of you guys. When I first joined the server in 2014, he made a retarded decision in slaying me when I had a good reason for killing the last 2 traiors. His response to slaying me was that the other two people were on the server longer and wanted to make them happy. It was stupid, but whatever, accepted that slay. Even if its the wrong the decision, i'll agree with him. Also, its only logical that the person who literally owns the server make the decision/ruling on situations like this.

So your still butthurt over something that happened in 2014? Considering that you called it a 'retarded' decision. You a really stubborn person if you only agree with 1 person and not the entire staff team. Its also not logical for a person to make a ruling/decision for this because its a very simple solution. Dink has a life and does not keep up to date with every minuscule problem that goes on within the server. Thats why he created a staff team to do that for him.
[Image: shshy.gif?width=953&height=149]