Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get rid of the "x has joined Spectators" message
Announcing that staff is spectating to the entire server when they're probably trying to spectate to gather evidence is silly af. I know that you can easily just hold tab to see that they're spectating, but straight up shouting it in bright yellow letters in chat isn't helpful.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
I second this.

I feel like having this as a feature is counter intuitive since it yells "STAFF IS COMING TO GET YOU" to people when you need to be discreet with gathering evidence
A useful message when players could get into spec, but with it only being staff it does kinda ruin the point +1

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(08-22-2021, 10:46 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: A useful message when players could get into spec, but with it only being staff it does kinda ruin the point +1
Is it possible to lock it for those that don't have a staff or donor role. 
Feel like if that's possible and taking the message away would help. Making it say 0 people in it even when someone is would help as well. But again I don't know if these types of things could be done easily or at all.
You have to remember that other servers do not restrict spectator to staff only.. spectator being restricted is a custom modification. On the same token wouldn't it look dumb if prophunt didn't announce people joining spectators by default?

In any case I'll see if I can remove the message

Fretta, the gamemode framework Prop Hunt uses, is responsible for team notifications, so you will have to go into those gamemode files and change it. I can't really give an exact example because I don't have the exact prophunt version the server uses

In the GM:TeamChangeNotification function, if it's not already in there, edit the code to make an if statement that looks something like this:
Code:
if( newteam == TEAM_SPECTATOR ) then
    return false
else
    chat.AddText( oldTeamColor, nick, color_white, " joined ", newTeamColor, newTeamName );
end

On line 166 my GM:TeamChangeNotification function looks like this
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
I like this, the way things were originally set up. The announcement worked out fine but when we made it so that only staff can join spectator, it has worn out its use. Makes sense to have it removed since we now know for sure that only staff can join spectator with the added code from Russ. I will talk and see if Dink would be interested in adding this.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(08-22-2021, 08:59 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: I like this, the way things were originally set up. The announcement worked out fine but when we made it so that only staff can join spectator, it has worn out its use. Makes sense to have it removed since we now know for sure that only staff can join spectator with the added code from Russ. I will talk and see if Dink would be interested in adding this.
Awesome! Hopefully he can add this in along with timed muted and gags :eyes: whoops my finger slipped- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2414183409
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
(08-23-2021, 06:16 AM)Here lies Eggroll's reputation. Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 08:59 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: I like this, the way things were originally set up. The announcement worked out fine but when we made it so that only staff can join spectator, it has worn out its use. Makes sense to have it removed since we now know for sure that only staff can join spectator with the added code from Russ. I will talk and see if Dink would be interested in adding this.
Awesome! Hopefully he can add this in along with timed muted and gags :eyes: whoops my finger slipped- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2414183409

I've talked about it with Dink more than once with your "WhOoPs My FiNgEr SlIpPeD", keep the thread on topic please.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army