Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spot Legal or Not?
(08-23-2021, 06:31 AM)unfortunatepossum Wrote: About the reaponse:
It wasn't just between them. Other staff did answer, including me.

About the spot:
Teeny, dark, thin area of the prop against a dark background is not super well known to all players, yes it becomes a well checked spot once a player knows but we get new players every hour.
Think a bit bigger or brighter next time.

And I would like their opinions here where we can discuss, what y'all discussed there is hardly my business as I'm not part of the discussion. But as I told fish I will get more SS of the spot as it's not bad as Aki SS make it out to be, especially if the flash light is involved. Yes from diffrent angels it can be blended in vary well and from others it's not quite blended in. I have my initial SS and she has her's and both show quite the difference in colors between the prop and wall, which is why I'm going to get SS from diffrent angels like fish suggested I do.

Honestly if new players are what we are worried about then a lot of spots would be unfair towards them, like 99% of the regulars spots on the server are spots new players would never look, especially since most new players know nothing of the jump packs at first or even the prop menu. But that's just something the new players would have to deal with and learn from just as they do with the dancing while walking stuff. It's only natural that those of us that have been playing for a long time on the server would have advantages over new players just starting out.
Jump packs make it where new players don't look in places they should because they don't think they could ever get up there, and the prop menu is similar in they don't think to look for the Glitchy spots. Can't tell you how many times people think we regulars are cheaters because they don't know about these features until they are told.

My spot on Bitnaner with the boxes, wrenches on spaceship in general, above the pizzeria sign in mini mall, on the pipes on awsome building, vent room in awsome warehouse. On top of light poles, trees, certain buildings, ect..... literally every map has spots that are deemed legal that are in no way fair to new players starting out on the server.
I was able to get these screen shots with the help of Kick(Thanks again), these are obviously from the perspective of the hunter with the flashlight on. I originally killed him in this spot then asked for his help which he was happy to do. like I said its not as bad as Akis original Screen shots make it seem. any here are those extra Screen shots you asked for Fish.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-31-2021, 10:41 PM)StrenuousSpider Wrote: I was able to get these screen shots with the help of Kick(Thanks again), these are obviously from the perspective of the hunter with the flashlight on. I originally killed him in this spot then asked for his help which he was happy to do. like I said its not as bad as Akis original Screen shots make it seem. any here are those extra Screen shots you asked for Fish.

Still a no.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(08-31-2021, 10:41 PM)StrenuousSpider Wrote: I was able to get these screen shots with the help of Kick(Thanks again), these are obviously from the perspective of the hunter with the flashlight on. I originally killed him in this spot then asked for his help which he was happy to do. like I said its not as bad as Akis original Screen shots make it seem. any here are those extra Screen shots you asked for Fish.

I meann that's pretty visible ngl
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
RussEfarmer Wrote:
StrenuousSpider Wrote:I was able to get these screen shots with the help of Kick(Thanks again), these are obviously from the perspective of the hunter with the flashlight on. I originally killed him in this spot then asked for his help which he was happy to do. like I said its not as bad as Akis original Screen shots make it seem. any here are those extra Screen shots you asked for Fish.

it don't seem to matter, took the time to ask for help and get those Screen shots and the most I get is a no lol.
(08-31-2021, 10:47 PM)StrenuousSpider Wrote:
RussEfarmer Wrote:
StrenuousSpider Wrote:I was able to get these screen shots with the help of Kick(Thanks again), these are obviously from the perspective of the hunter with the flashlight on. I originally killed him in this spot then asked for his help which he was happy to do. like I said its not as bad as Akis original Screen shots make it seem. any here are those extra Screen shots you asked for Fish.

it don't seem to matter, took the time to ask for help and get those Screen shots and the most I get is a no lol.
You asked if it was legal or not, and you got this answer. On top of this in all the screenshots you got, the door was closed which is a rare occurrence when it comes to this map. If you were a larger prop it would be better. The pole would work even honestly. You asked and received. Don't be one of those people that act sour just because things aren't your way.
This is prop hunt, not pixel hunt. The bottom is invisible. This isn't the worlds best hider competition. It's a game, and you're taking the fun out of it for newer or other players. You have a high amount of intelligence and can hide very well without pushing the limits.
Here's a hint; Try hards such as you, are looking for spots like this. Try hiding something simple and dumb, it's what they expect the least. I win every time almost with something dumb because people don't hunt for it anymore because of the competitiveness level you and a few others have introduced.
Ive talked about most of these points already with Possum, and i think there are much worse things that ruin the game for new players, most complain about the jump packs but thats not really here or there.

while i asked for the answer i expect and more so from a admin to give a better answer then just still no on the new screen shots. i honestly dont care about it at this point i have other spots so its not troublesome. but i play with Fofab, and mork just to name two and these spots are needed for my own fun as they are quite the great players, so i guess ill take the try hard comment as compliments lol. ive mentioned other props in similar situations being ok, but again i digress. my sourness as you see it is not from the answer given but the simplicity of the answer. i took the time to get those and get help but not even a thanks for doing what he asked and thats what irked me, not the spot being deemed illegal.
It's been a week and you are still sour over this? You were told no, that none of the staff who discussed said spot agreed with it being legal nor did it change after you added additional screens. Yet you continued ranting and now you randomly come back a week later continuing on said rant as if it will change anything.

So I will reword what I said:

Thank you for the additional screenshots, but the answer is still a no. You need to have more of yourself visible as that prop in that spot or you need to be a prop that is more visible in said spot. That spot as you have been using it, has been deemed not okay by other staff members and myself. Thank you and have a nice day. I hope this concludes things nicely.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army