Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jump Pack Questionaire
(08-24-2021, 06:36 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I know of a way to fix the fall damage thing, give me a little while and I can have something..
 GOAT
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(08-24-2021, 06:36 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I know of a way to fix the fall damage thing, give me a little while and I can have something..
Theres a plugin on the workshop that lets you adjust fall damage on the server. its very customizable too, more than just a multiplier
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2041527657

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
i have done it
Code:
hook.Add("EntityTakeDamage", "ReduceFallDamage", function(ent, dmginfo)
    if ent:IsPlayer() and dmginfo:IsFallDamage() then
        dmginfo:ScaleDamage(0.25) --Fall damage multiplier
    end
end)
The best part about not having the jetpack is the lack of the people who exploit head glitching into the ceiling.
If we reduced jumppack power could we try adding discombob jumping?
Honestly, I hope that you keep it just as the way it was working before. But I get the idea that some areas are only reacheable when using the Jump Pack (which isn't a real problem, Jump Pack is very easy to get and everyone have access to the shop) so I'd say that one solution might be just increasing the falling resilience because the gameplay without it it's just too rough, maps aren't too horizontal at all.
Here are my thoughts and perspectives on the current state of TTT.

Pros of no jump pack:
  • Working Hitreg. 
  • No Ceiling Head Spam
  • More uses for T/D weapons (Homerun Bat, Spring mine, Iron Boots
Cons of no jump pack:
  • Less fluid gameplay
  • Fall damage from simple jumps
Not going to lie, I love the current state of what TTT is right now. The gunplay is more engaging and I actually feel like I have a fighting chance now when playing against others. Before I just had to accept death when someone puts their head in the ceiling and headshots. 

Obviously, we will make the decision that is best and not of one person's opinion but wanted to post my thoughts.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(08-24-2021, 11:57 AM)aethy Wrote: Should never be removed and at the very least be modified to make it only hover/gain less height. No jump pack is boring. “Competitiveness” should never outweigh fun in a garrys mod mini game.

Agreed. For me one of the best selling points is the mobility you get when moving around, I will admit that the jump crouch exploiters are annoying, but I like the idea of either modifying it like aethy suggested, or putting a cooldown on the jump pack.
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
I've said it in a couple of threads and a few others have said it already, but reduce gravity to about 75% of what it is now. Default gravity sticks you to the floor so hard it's criminal
I'll say my piece, I personally like the jetpack a lot it makes the game more fun for me to just hop around when I'm bored and don't want to play seriously. Headclipping sucks but I'd be ok with a compromise. Idk vanilla gmod feels so heavy after playing for a bit I already kinda miss it.