Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff Option on the Vending Machine
(09-05-2021, 07:12 PM)chelllman Wrote:
(09-05-2021, 07:03 PM)TommyBlades Wrote: this dude has a big ass dump +1  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Heart Heart Heart  @yomama

For the uninitiated who read this, this is an inside joke among a bunch of the PH players.  I'm an avid weightlifter, so it's been nothing but "chelll is 800 pounds and built like a tractor" jokes since I mentioned that.
facts :P
(09-03-2021, 09:35 PM)chelllman Wrote: "You have been critical of staff on the forums before."

keep up the good work my guy, make sure you do it in staff chat too +1
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
I want to put my input as a regular here. I met Chelll outside of the PH and the community and from what my first impression I
can tell is that he is dedicated to his craft. Chelll has shown me that if he puts him mind towards something he will achieve it even if is hard for him to type in a thunderstorm. Once I saw him play and interact with the PH game and members I knew he was a good man. I have seen first hand that he does everything to have fun in game and if something seems off from him he will do everything at his disposal to figure out what ills him. The only true thing i do want to say is that i have not seen him interact with the VC and how bad it could get, but if he is serious about this (which I am sure he is) then he will do everything he can to make things right and be a better member for the community and the staff. So he has my full support going forward. +1
[Image: helluva-boss.gif]
Smellman!! My dude!! This was a welcome surprise to see a staff app from you.

I don't have any major issues with you joining the staff team, and as one of the staff trainers (along with Travis) I'd be happy to sit down and work with you to get through things like handling vc and controlling the dumpster when it goes on fire.

I would say though, getting even the Trusted role changes how people view and interact with you. I always say this to people who are fairly popular within the community bc (as I'm sure you've seen), some regulars can be unkind toward staff, and as a newbie it can be difficult to know how to handle that.

If you feel you would be able to apply the rules to everyone on server, friends or regulars regardless, I have no issues with you joining the staff team.

If you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to slide into my dm's and we can have a chat about anything and everything.

Agent Farton ;)
@Agent Barton Agent Farton  :D , if I get accepted to staff then I'll definitely be reaching out for coaching on how to be an effective staff member.  I also plan to upload short (ie: 30 second) video clips of VC interactions for higher staff to review to make sure I'm doing things right. 
I gained quite a thick skin from my coaching/teaching experience, and the vitriol spewed in the VC isn't much worse than what I've experienced in MW1 and MW2 lobbies when I was younger.  I don't think I'm going to have any issues with what's thrown at me by the players.

As for application of the rules fairly, I've already had several conversations with people I know on the server about that.  I will be applying the rules uniformly regardless of social standing/friendship on the server. In my opinion, any favoritism undermines staff integrity as a whole.  What many people that get mad at staff don't realize is staff action is not a personal attack on them.  It's simple cause and effect.  Micspam and get warned, ghost and get a ban request, etc.  I've told friends and regulars I've talked with about becoming staff that if they do something that warrants action according to the PH guidelines, then I will take action because that's what's fair.

Smelllman

PS: finish Subnautica if you haven't, the ending is wild.
From what I've read, I have no concerns.

You get a very rare Pauling seal of approval. +1
Go away
(09-07-2021, 01:26 PM)MissPauling Wrote: From what I've read, I have no concerns.

You get a very rare Pauling seal of approval. +1
I feel honored! Thanks for taking the time to read my app, I heard you've been quite busy as of late.
Everyone has covered any questions or concerns I normally ask about and your answers have been very well thought out and explained.
I have no issues with you becoming trusted.
+1 from the trashcan
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.

I will remain neutral.

I can't put my finger on what it is exactly that's stopping me from being fully supportive, and I acknowledge that it may be more of a me thing than a you thing. It may also be that I haven't interacted with you enough, which again is more of a me not being as active type thing. 

Regardless, I wish you best of luck and I will see you on the prop field
(09-07-2021, 11:33 PM)unfortunatepossum Wrote: Everyone has covered any questions or concerns I normally ask about and your answers have been very well thought out and explained.
I have no issues with you becoming trusted.
+1 from the trashcan
Thanks Possum for the reply, if you do have any questions feel free to post them here or send me a DM on discord.

(09-08-2021, 08:54 AM)The Triangle Wrote: I will remain neutral.

I can't put my finger on what it is exactly that's stopping me from being fully supportive, and I acknowledge that it may be more of a me thing than a you thing. It may also be that I haven't interacted with you enough, which again is more of a me not being as active type thing. 

Regardless, I wish you best of luck and I will see you on the prop field
I appreciate your honesty.  I hope we will interact more in the future, but I understand that you're extremely busy with life and being an admin for DR.  If you do have any more questions, feel free to post them here or send me a DM on discord.  Thanks!