Unban Request for Henry
Ingame Name: Henry

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:63035601

Who Banned You: Jammin

Reason For Ban: Mass RDM

Length of Ban: Permanent

Reason for Admins to Unban: 
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...ight=Henry
This is the thread describing why I was banned. I know this was months ago, but I wasn't aware I got banned until tonight, 5 months later.
I would have liked to have seen some sort of corroboration from the other members in the server. The only person who was there for what happened left this quote
"i didnt want to get him permabanned because its dumb.", the reporter was not party to the rdm, and the other two potential witnesses didn't comment. The problem with pulling these logs this way, and trying to argue the case much later, is we are missing all of the context of the actions of that night. I know the rules of the server, and I know what I am to do if I don't want to be banned, and I believe that had we asked the other members there that night, they would have been unlikely to call it rdm. I believe we were all active participants in a late night, low pop game, where the rules tend to be contorted with the participation and consent of the members on the server. I have been a member of this community for several years, and I don't think it is sensible to ban off of a contextless incident, that could well have arisen from bad judgement, not malicious intent. I have no intent to stop participating in this community on and off as the same constructive member I have been for years, and I hope that you will consider giving me another chance.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): Yes, a one-week ban one year ago for being a POS to jessie, which he certainly didn't deserve https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...478&page=5

I didn't think I would be victim to the same effect I discussed in this thread one year ago
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...ight=Henry
I think my argument is worth a read on why how we handle bans isn't as good as it could be
Blaming the staff instead of just owning up and apologizing isn't really a good look tbh.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
I mean, the logs still show you in a position where you shot them first, engaged in a small gunfight, and then killed them. Knowing Jammin, he probably did do a double check on the old logs report before issuing a ban. Either or, the screenshot provided is still there and doesn't defend your actions.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
That's a fair point. I don't intend to blame staff for whatever happened. I disagree with the process surrounding how we handle bans, and I often feel the rules can be very black and white.I'm not an expert about how the circumstances of an incident are determined, but from my limited view it does seem like logs alone are insufficient to know about what all had lead to the incident. I should hope that my peers that know me will vouch for me in being a positive member of the community, and though what happened was months ago and the details are foggy, an apology is warranted. If the folks mentioned in my ban did feel that they were wrongly harmed, namely @Norm Minder Minder, then I sincerely apologize.
Hi Henry,

I'm going to be honest, I don't really remember the circumstances behind this ban request.

Based on the screenshot in the provided thread, it seems that I correctly banned for Mass RDM as that was likely committed as per logs. Our rules say 3+ and without staff on to collect reports, there is no way to gauge player consent. But given no response from player for 30 hours after the report, combined with the actual log provided in the ban request, I stand by my issuance of punishment. It lines up with our definition of mass RDM, with two innos killed without cause, and an attack on a T unprovoked for 20+ dmg. Our standard requires reports when staff are online, but when staff are not online images of the damage logs are sufficient. No matter the vibe of a server, RDM is still RDM and just because one player is having fun doing so does not mean outlets were.

That being said, especially given the context now provided, the apology provided, the nature of the offense, and the sheer length of time that has passed, I feel that an unban is the appropriate course of action here. I don't feel the appealing player is attacking me directly, just criticizing our mass RDM policy when staff is offline with regards to active desire to prosecute from RDM victims - an opinion which I respectfully disagree with.

Overall Henry should be unbanned without further punishment.
+1 unban
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Well you already been banned for like 5 months and your responses are alright. 1+ on the unban and hopefully you won’t have to wait much longer.
I appreciate your response Jesse, you are good people
Bump
Free Henry, man did nothing wrong. +1
Bump
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks